“What a Pleasant Surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 14 Restaurants in Ford City
Cuisines: American
Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
“What a Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Saw an ad and took a drive...to wonderland. It was the middle of winter and and all was snow white. The restaurant sits on a hill overlooking a huge swath of golf course. The restaurant has a bank of large windows on one whole side and we sat at a window table. Beautiful table presentations and sharp, genuinely kind service. The menu is complete and I had my best martini ever there. The dining room itself has modern decor and is clean and elegant. Come for a $40 dinner or stop by for an inexpensive salad or a $9 hamburger. I visited in the middle of winter, but I could see (in my mind) how the atmosphere may change as the weather heats up and the golfers abound...probably makes for a more relaxed setting and I could envision the wrap around outdoor dining space teaming with people. It was an exciting find and I highly recommend zipping off Route 28 on your way to or from Pittsburgh (or Pittsburgh Mills) and go that four miles through Ford City to the Lenape Country Club on your left. Lovely, lovely, lovely.

• Visited January 2013