“Another great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fogelsville
king of prussia, pa
“Another great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2007

My first stay at Glasbern was with a seminar. As my spouse and I needed a little getaway, I suggested Glasbern. I'm not certain if being there with my spouse made the trip more enjoyable, but it was a wonderful return visit. The room was immaculate, and the cattle on the hillside add so much charm to the Inn. Steve the innkeeper and Katie, the woman serving breakfast made us feel like we were truly welcome. Since we live in King of Prussia, just an hour away, we know we will think of Glasbern every time we need a little break from reality!

• Liked — the staff
  • Disliked — not a thing
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2006

This is a wonderful place for a night or a week! Just about every phase of our trip was fraught with problems - with the notable exception of our stay at the Glasbern. It is a beautiful, relaxing, and scenic spot. The restored farm buildings are beautifully done. The staff is excellent.
Our room was enormous and fully appointed. The thought and care behind the design is to be applauded. The dining area is delightful and the breakfast options were vast and delicious! Even when we came in late, they made us feel welcome and saw to all our needs. My only regret is that we could not stay longer.

• Liked — everything!
  • Disliked — NA
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay at least a few days
  • Stayed August 2006
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reading, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2006

My husband and I live only about 40 minutes away from the Glasbern and have been ther several times for dinner. I was slightly doubtful when he said he wanted to go there for a weekend getaway since we like to sightsee and walk around small towns. Well to my surprise, it was one of the best vacation getaways we have had.
First the staff is so nice and are very sincere. Jeff and Jody at the Glasbern are so professional and gracious. The room we had was very large, and clean with a jacuzzi tub that fit 2 and a fireplace. It was so relaxing and we didn't even hear any other guests. We had dinner both nights there. Although it is a higher end restaurant, it is well worth it. Much of the food is raised or grown right at the Inn. Jeff is a wonderful waiter. The breakfasts in the morning were classy as they are in the beautiful dining rom but dress code is very casual which is great for a relaxing weekend. The food was delicious as you could choose from different egg dishes, pancakes or just eat off the great table which included cereals, baked goods,fruits, juices coffees and teas. The breakfast is included with the room. The grounds are so much fun for hiking around. We were walking the first day after breakfast and stumbled upon the pig pen where we took a few minutes to talk with the pigs. Needless to say I couldn't order pork that night. The second morning we ended up in an area with the sheep. Views from our room were of a hill with cattle grazing. Even though we live around farms, it was still fun for us.
Reading some of the reviews that are negative about this Inn, I have a very hard time believing that they were even at this place. There is no way you could have a bad time here unless you need alot of nightlife and action at a resort. If you need that, then you need to go to a resort, not a B&B. My husband and I travel alot and we are definintely going back to The Glasbern.

• Liked — Quiet, beauty, great food
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chester County, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2006

My wife and I recently wanted to escape to the countryside for a brief pick-us-up holiday on the way back home from a baby shower for one of our friends. My wife is the ultimate web surfer for this type of thing as I still prefer to use a fountain pen. She found this delightful country inn outside Fogelville, PA. Our rooms were very nicely furnished and quite clean. At night we could count the stars during our stoll on the grounds. The dinner and breakfast in the great room of the barn was just what we needed and we returned home refreshed with our day in the country. I highly recommend this establishment and would like to return should our paths again wander in that direction. The Glasbern family and Mr. Al Granger, owner since I believe the opening in 1985, treated us well during our stay and were kind enough to share their experiences over the years in building this Inn. We wish them well and continued success.

• Liked — Quietness
  • Disliked — That we had to leave and go home!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2006

I was a bit nervous booking this B&B for my sixth anniversary getaway because of the many poor reviews on this site. Honestly, I can not imagine what the heck these people were thinking. This place is gorgeous!

First off, don't come here unless you have a few bucks to spend. If you are stretching and want to nit pick every little detail, stay at a chain Hotel where your whining may get you a free meal or the like.

The Glasbern Ooozes class because they leave you alone when you need to be left alone, and pamper you when you want / need to be pampered. My wife and I had a couples massage which was excellent, had the price fixed dinner on Saturday night which was expensive but worth every penny and stayed in a luxury suite which was also excellent. The country charm with all the right touches suited us perfectly for this getaway!

It actually rained during our stay so we could not enjoy the outdoors of this beautiful place, and still I give it a 10 out of 10.

Do not hesitate to book your stay here. We will be back!

• Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
Bucks County
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2006

My wife and I had heard mixed reviews about the Hotel and decided to drive up from Bucks County, PA to have a look before we booked. We met the newly hired English GM..Ian I believe...who gave us a short tour of the hotel and introduced us to some members of the hotel staff. We were very impressed with his attention to detail and the way he talked to everyone...and made us feel welcome. We of course booked our room for our wedding anniversary. When we returned we learned that the owner had replaced the English GM with another GM.....in our opinion not as professional...and certainly not as friendly. What a pity!

The Hotel needs some help in the restaurant service...expensive

• Liked — Views of cattle, food good
  • Disliked — Poor Management, Poor service In restaurant
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
glasbern, Manager at Glasbern Inn, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
This review is from 2006, the issues contained within the review have been resolved
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2006

I visited Glasbern Country Inn in June for a much needed getaway from Philadelphia. I was impressed with the beautiful surroundings as everything was in full bloom. I was greeted by friendly and helpful staff with a smile every time they saw me. My room, located in the Stables, was immaculate and spacious, beautifully furnished with all the little amenities. Dinner that evening was delicious, the chicken was from the farm and nicely presented and served by a very doting staff. The farm animals added to the country charm of the inn. I would highly recommend this inn to anyone looking for an escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.

Been to Glasbern Inn? Share your experiences!