“Ejoyable” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Richlandtown, Pennsylvania
“Ejoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

We have been here a few times and have always had a good meal. There are always specials to choose from besides the regular menu. We met friends here and ate in the bar which we love. Not too noisy and the staff makes you feel at home!

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New Hope, Pa
“Superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

My husband and I had our 50th Anniversary on January 6, and decided to try the Ferndale Inn. I'm so glad we did. My husband had a pork fillet with red cabbage and spaetzle which he just loved. I had chicken with frangelica sauce and chopped hazelnuts. This came with scalloped potatoes and mixed vegetables. Everything was delicious. To top it off, our waitress said that since we are married for 50 years, we could choose a complimentary dessert. I chose a chocolate genache with caramel sauce drizzled over it and my husband chose Creme Brulee. His was OK, but mine was out of this world. I can't remember when I had anything as good as this. This was certainly a meal to remember. Our service was very good too.

• Visited January 2012
usa
“Excellent Country Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

After a beautiful afternoon of kayaking at Lake Nockamixon we had a wonderful dinner a a quaint country inn. It reminded me of another favorite "The Sign of the Sorrel Horse" which is no longer in existence.Stone walls, beautiful artwork, great ambiance. We shared the homemade butternut squash ravioli (6) in a lovely cream sauce. Potato leek soup without the large chunky pieces of undercooked potato. Yummy!. I had the roast duck with geen peppercorn dressing and my partner the crab imperial. Scalloped potatatos and fresh garden vegetables. Everything was excellent!! The owner/chef Karen has been there for 25 years and her sauces are great.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bucks County, PA
“Unpretentious gourmet fare in a cozy, friendly country inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

You won't find an overwhelmingly large menu at The Ferndale Inn, but every single thing on the menu is excellent. I've been visiting this lovely restaurant for a dozen years now, and in all that time have never been disappointed. The ingredients are fresh, the dishes thoughtfully planned and exquisitely prepared, and the service impeccable. Prices range from middle-of-the-road to expensive, about what you'd expect in Bucks County, Pennsylvania.

Don't look for hoity-toity "food as art" offerings, but do expect generous portions with seasonally appropriate ingredients (many locally sourced) presented lovingly. Also expect friendly service and an atmosphere that's welcoming to all parties from formal attire to jeans and T-shirts (though the latter will likely feel more comfortable in the non-smoking bar area, with a casual menu no less scrumptious for its less-formal fare).

My favorite dishes are the Chicken Penne Alfredo and the Jumbo Lump Crab Au Gratin. And don't miss some of the best creme brulee on the planet. And bring an apetite -- if you leave here hungry, it's no one's fault but your own. Bottom line: Worth the trip to Upper Bucks if you're within 25 miles.

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Bucks County Serenity”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Warm, comfortable and inviting.
Excellent service from host and waitress. Friends lacked reading glasses, host produced a box of them to borrow! WOW.
Food was really, really good....especially the specials.
Crab Augratin, should not be missed.....!!!
Hunter sauce on other items was great.......
If you want to relax in the Country with really good, fresh and wholesome food....Ferndale Inn is the place.

• Visited February 2011