“DISTURBING!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Fairview

You added Quality Inn & Suites Fairview to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites Fairview
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6467 Sterrettania Road, Fairview, PA 16415 (Formerly Presque Isle Country Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fairview
Punta Gorda, Florida
“DISTURBING!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I must start out with a good point first.. Breakfast was great the next morning. The server and the cook were gracious and very accommodating. A good sit down, waited on, bacon, eggs, hash browns, toast and coffee. If I were driving by the place I definitely would keep on going as it appeared unkept and fading. I was put in a nonsmoking room that I asked for on the ground floor. The disturbing part to this was there was no security and anyone could enter through the outside door into the hallway of the rooms. There were very few occupants, only two cars counting mine in that row going into the ground floor rooms and only 4 customers in the dining room while I was there. The hotel is in bad need of repair. The carpeting definitely needs to be replaced, the night stands are in disrepair, the shower was rusty and the shower head was pretty disgusting. The bedside lamp did not work. It either needed a new bulb or was unplugged behind the bed. All in all, I did not feel safe and secure in this setting. To end it all, there were no nearby restaurants, only a Burger King close by. I drove 5 miles to eat in an Italian restaurant that was listed in the book on the desk but it was closed and I ended up back at Burger King.

Room Tip: I booked this on the internet so didn't see what I was getting. It was a quick overnight trip...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
York Springs, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

June and the pool is closed still. Bathroom doors that do not shut, shower curtains growing mold, sink wouldn't drain, wallpaper peeling off of the walls, no parking due to the saloon downstairs that plays loud music till the wee hours of the morning, just hope your room is not on that end of the hotel. There were holes in our shower where the wash clothes were to hang but the bars were missing. You could drive past it and not even realize it's open, just run down in the dumps, but of course they must have spent all of their money fixing up the lobby that way they get you because when you walkin it looks nice. Forgot to add room numbers that were on plates beside your door were missing so they just wrote on the wall with black maker. This place is a joke, Do not waste your money was so not worth $100 a night. These hotels must be individually owned because I have never stayed at a quality inn like this before, and would really re-consider ever staying on one ever again. We with a group of about 30 people for an event in the area , and must have had at least 15-20 rooms booked and we all had similar experiences in every room. Would really like for someone from quality inn to check this place out, because I would be pretty sure they would not appreciate what this place is doing for their name.

• Stayed June 2014

Travelers are raving about these Fairview hotels

Baldwinsville, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

I have mixed reviews. I have stayed here twice. based on my original stay in February, I stayed again. the recent trip in April wasn't what I expected. the bed was comfy... and that's about it. Room was not in the greatest shape.. the shower we thought someone had been murdered in due to crap sprayed on the wall.

Didn't make breakfast as it ended at nine... just didn't get up in time.

Not sure what to say.. I guess its the luck of the draw.. they have good rooms and they have crap rooms. My firast stay was a king more in the main section of the hotel and I was happy with the room. two months later on my recent stay.. I wasn't happy. it can be a good value

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Groton, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

This hotel had a musty smell which wasn't very pleasant obviously. My husband and I only stayed for the night and when we went to breakfast that morning we we're quite disappointed. We had heard that they had a hot breakfast buffet so we thought wow, yeah, this will be great! Yeah, right! Was really hoping for some bacon which they didn't have any. You would think if you are getting a hot buffet breakfast that bacon would be included! Their biscuits were dried and all their cereal was generic (I can't stand generic cereal!). If you are looking for a good hotel w/ a decent breakfast menu, this is NOT the place!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thornhill, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

This was one of the worst hotels we've ever stayed at. Despite booking about a month before, we got a basement room which was musty and rusty -- a musty smell, and rust on the door and in the bathroom. The room heater was also very loud. The breakfast was also terrible -- they ran out of food! Simply dreadful in every way.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Barrie, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I can’t tell you how disappointed and disgusted I am in this hotel. The issues started right at check in.
- I had confirmed a rollaway with my reservation but the desk clerk, dressed in street clothes, had stated no rollaway was reserved. I showed him my confirmation number but he still could not see the request. I pointed the request out to him which he commented that they did not have a rollaway available. The other clerk on duty stepped in and stated that they may have one in the sub level?
- When I went to my room, the heat was not working as they had a heater running in the room. The room smelled and was damp. The wall vinyl seams were pulling away and the carpet did not seem clean. This condition prompted me to further investigate. The wall vinyl in the bathroom was covered in mold and mildew. I pulled the comforter off the bed and found several hairs. I demanded another room and was told one was not available. After continuing to complain one became available.
- The second room was better but still dirty. The coffee maker had black spots inside and the machine was filthy.
- Breakfast was included in my room so we went down the next day. A buffet was supposed to be served. The buffet was empty as a large group just went through. I brought this to the server’s attention and patiently waited. About 20 minutes later I asked about the buffet and the server stated “can’t you see we have a hydro issue”. I stated no as the hydro was not off where I was sitting. If there was an issue we should have been informed. I left without eating.
- In the evening I asked for 2 chairs for my room so my friends and I could play euchre. The front desk person stated that he would have them sent up. After 20 minutes passed I went to the front desk to see if I could get the chairs myself. The clerk was not aware of my request and stated that I could not have any chairs.
- Upon check out, we were charged for the rollaway that weren’t available and we never received. The clerk adjusted accordingly.
I have never stayed at such a disgusting hotel as this

Room Tip: good luck finding one
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Wayne, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

After reading some of the negative reviews I was a bit apprehensive about what to expect. My friend stayed here before and made the reservation. We were here for a few days of steelhead fishing. I was pleasantly surprised that we had a pleasant 3 nights. Check in was a breeze. The breakfast was good, with real freshly scrambled eggs, blueberry pancakes, waffles, sausage patties, home fries, cling peaches, yogurt, hot coffee, orange juice, biscuits, danish, and more. The waitress was very friendly and provided excellent service. The beds were very comfortable with crisp clean sheets and a light, warm comforter (Not sure if it was down.). The shower was nice and hot with good pressure. The warm heat lamp was toasty. The room heater, wi-fi, mini-fridge, microwave, and flat panel TV were nice touches and worked with no issues. Although the facility is definitely dated, the hallways were clean and appeared freshly painted. Perhaps the owners read the older reviews and cleaned the place up. On the negative side, the outside doors were not secured, there was cigarette smoke in the hallways occasionally, and the hallway carpeting was soiled. I can't really blame the staff for the acts of guests who are disrespectful of the property. I observed some "fishermen" who thought nothing of walking all over the property, including the restaurant dining room where breakfast is served, in their studded mud-covered wading boots. Would stay here again although there are also other hotels just as good (and many not as good).

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Fairview? Share your experiences!