“Great local restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 14 Restaurants in Fairview
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: (814) 474-2016 They do not have a formal web site, but they do have a facebook page.
London, United Kingdom
“Great local restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We went here with my in-laws, who are local and I was impressed. The service was prompt without being pushy, the waitress was very polite and the food was generally good - I had a very nice fresh mushroom salad among other things. They took back a tuna steak that we wanted cook more without question. As someone else said, it doesn't look like much from the outside, but is very welcoming on the inside, especially on a snowy winter's night.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Yorktown, Virginia
“Nice restaurant with reasonable value.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My review of Peppino's may be somewhat influenced by the fact that I am not Italian, am not supremely familiar with Italian foods, and simply am unable to visualize foods with names such as: Cozze e Vongolette Allo Vino, Bistecca A'Asso, or Insalata Di Caesar. For me, spaghetti, ravioli, and pizza are about as Italian as I am able to understand, lol.

Anyway, this is a nice little restaurant that is outside of Erie by a few miles and if you are really looking for a nice variety of Italian food I would recommend stopping by. The interior is nicely decorated and fairly up to date - everything is clean and orderly, staff are well matched for this type of restaurant and seem to have a good working knowledge of the daily specials and menu. Maybe it's just me but when the wait staff visits the table for one of the first times and spends nearly five minutes reciting the specials and such I am off in la-la land. Then again, some folks like that sort of stuff.

Our waitress did a fair job but truth be told there were a few times that I was sipping my drink for five or ten minutes waiting for another. Our appetizer was very nice and the warm bread that was served tasted great also. Everyone enjoyed their meals, I ordered ravioli since I was able to visualize exactly what those were.

In closing, I would not mind stopping by again if the menu had pictures or I had thirty minutes to have the wait staff provide a detailed description of all the available menu items.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Solidly good food in a not so foodie friendly town...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I was a bit skeptical when we decided on a visit to Erie (to see family) to go out one night for dinner at Peppinos. I must say, I am NOT a big fan of Italian food at all...just too heavy for me. We were able to get a seat right away, without a reservation, so that was nice. The decor was attractive, the lighting really great...nice 'mood' lighting. Our waitress (I think her name was Michelle) was prompt and very knowledgeable about the food and the specials. We decided to order the filet with dayboat scallops and the Ahi Tuna w/noodles (with olives, garlic) (sorry, don't know that much about Italian food). The food was really really good. I really love the filet...cooked perfectly, and dayboat scallops, again, cooked perfectly, that my husband ordered (we shared). Mine was also good, but it wasn't Ahi Tuna, but rather Yellow Fin, I think. Regardless, it was a solid dish. I always think it's funny when people in Erie write reviews about restaurants being 'so expensive,' blah, blah. Hey people, I will happily pay for a great food experience! In Erie, people get used to the $1 pitchers of beer and 25 cent wings...yep, I said it, and it's true! I have had the pleasure of eating at some of the best restaurants around, and I was truly and happily surprised by Peppinos!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Erie, Pennsylvania
“over priced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Could not believe the prices. The food was good but so are others that don't overcharge.

Visited August 2011
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Great and creative food. Always new and delicious specials, consistently well prepared in a good atmosphere. Must try their appetizers.

Visited December 2011