“An Unknown Worthy” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fairfield
Maryland
“An Unknown Worthy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We go up to Liberty Ski Resort about once a year with my husband's company and since we live in MD it's a 2-3 hour drive for us. This year we decided to stay the night before so we didn't have to do the drive and then ski, which brings me to the Fairfield Lodge. I was looking for a cheap place that wouldn't cost an arm or leg but was more than a flea bag. The Lodge had the best reviews and the best price [$55/night for a 2 queen bed room].

My daughter was with us, so having 2 beds in the room was a must and I was able to reserve this room about 3 hours before we actually drove up.

The room itself was fairly small, but was sufficient. Free cable and wifi were available. The wifi was fairly easy to connect to and seemed to be decent speed. The beds were a bit hard, and my husband woke up several times during the night. However, my daughter slept fine and I had a fairly decent sleep. I think the beds could be more comfortable, but I guess 2 out of 3 isn't terrible for a small place like this.

My one main complaint was that the heater was on a really old mercury thermostat and the bathroom had a puddle in it. These issues weren't deal breakers and we'd probably stay there again given that it is conveniently located about .5 miles from the skiing.

Checkout is at 11 am, which is not terribly well marked but we were gone before that. This is a strip motel, so no breakfast is available.

Room Tip: Turn your heater on as soon as you arrive as it takes a good hour for the rooms to heat up from the...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
fairfieldlodge59, Owner at The Fairfield Lodge, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
We thank you for your valuable suggestions and will put in our best efforts to further improve. Ours is a small motel and we are constantly trying to come up to expectations of our esteemed guests.

Thanks & best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

A lovely place to stay with exceptionally well maintained and clean rooms at an affordable price. The owner was extremely accommodating. It is minutes away from a skiing and wedding venue at a price more affordable than at the resort.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
fairfieldlodge59, Owner at The Fairfield Lodge, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Miss Cynthia.
Thanks for your kind remarks.We are glad that your stay was comfortable.We will look forward to your stay with usagain.
thanks and regards
fairfield lodge
Owensboro, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Stayed at The Fairfield Lodge while visiting my son and daughter in law in Fairfield last week and the stay was pleasant. This Lodge was our first choice because they accepted pets and we were traveling with our small dog. The room was not huge, but clean and comfortable. The owner made the atmosphere so comfortable and homey. There was a fridge, coffee maker and hair dryer provided, so it was much like staying at a big chain hotel, but with the likeness of a home environment. The exterior was appealing and very well kept. Loved the plants and decor. Thanks for an enjoyable stay!

Room Tip: There was not a restaurant or children activities available to my knowledge at the lodge, but gave t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Faridabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

A lovely place to stay with very well maintained and clean rooms. Huge lawn area with shady trees to sit in the evenings. Very polite and welcoming owners who take great personal care of you. Fresh coffee, free wifi. A quiet neighborhood. Altogether making for a heavenly stay.

Room Tip: Book in advance for the weekend.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Canandaigua, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Have been visiting the area for over 15 years for golf trips. Have probably driven by this place 100 times, and have always wanted to try it. Brought my son down to Gettysburg last week and stayed here for three days. Rooms are very clean and the beds are comfortable. The Sanders Restaurant is a 1-2 minute walk away, though the Village Book and Table can't be beat. This is like a stay back in the 60's, which isn't bad. Rooms do have a cube fridge, microwave and internet. Will definitely stay here again, as love the location and is decently priced.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012 via mobile

Good hotel, but has no breakfast. The room is great and its really close to the mountain!

• Stayed February 2012
Fairfield, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

I just loved my stay at the fairfield Lodge! The big storm that hit the east coast in october did some damage to my place which left me home less for 13 days. The owner was kind and compassionate giving all the local people discounts . We were all so glad. The rooms are warm, clean, free wifi on my cell kept me in the know with contracters to get my place up and running. I felt like my Mom was looking after me with the owners being so kind and hospitable checking to see if I was alright. the coffee was good in th e rooms. I had meals at lovely fairfield Inn that has fabulous menu! The place was quiet and relaxing and I was close to home to feed my critters and meet contractors. the familiar area made me a lot less anxious as I delt with disaster damage. Everyone there was so kind and helpful. I will never forget. My parents used to go there when they would visit me and they always loved being able to pull right up unload an d be on one floor. I enjoyed th e microwave to heat up Fairfield Inn leftovers. yummy. thank you soooo much! Sandi

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Been to The Fairfield Lodge? Share your experiences!