We stayed at the Fairfield Inn Bed and Breakfast for a birthday celebration. We arrived on a Friday night and was ushered to our "Grumble Jones" room on the second floor to the back of the inn. The room was nice, but a little to hot for comfort. Our visit was over the hottest weekend in July and the little air conditioner that was in the room wasn't up to the task of cooling our room. Our first night was very uncomfortable to say the least. We asked the next morning for the use of a fan and the inn manager was just so awsome to find one. The next night was great.
We ate at the inn's restaurant which was just a treat. The food was very good and the staff was attentive and pleasant.
We loved the history of the inn, and although it is said there are ghosts we happily didn't see any.
We will be back again.
- Also Known As:
- The Historic Fairfield Inn 1757 Hotel Fairfield
- The Historic Fairfield Inn 1757 Hotel
- Fairfield Fairfield
- Fairfield Inn Fairfield
- Fairfield Fairfield Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Historic Fairfield Inn has been in continuous operation since 1757, and is one of the five oldest inns in the country. Our rooms and suites are sumptuously decorated, and our food delicious. The restaurant is noted for our Chicken and Biscuits, and our Ham and Bean Soup (which is the same recipe as was served to the retreating Confederate forces on July 4th, 1863). Visitors to the Historic Fairfield Inn include Patrick Henry, Thaddeus Stevens, J.E.B. Stuart, Robert E. Lee, and the Eisenhowers.This is a "must stop" destination for visitors to Gettysburg. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, Fareportal , Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Historic Fairfield Inn 1757 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.