“Great Hotel with Breakfast Included” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Motel   |   120 N. Pottstown Pike, Exton, PA 19341   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Exton
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great Hotel with Breakfast Included”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2007

GOOD POINTS:
Comfortable, cozy, beautifully decorated rooms. Furnishings, drapes, carpeting looked brand new.
Very clean.
Free continental breakfast in a nicely appointed lounge next to the front lobby.
Courteous front desk clerks.
Ample free parking.
Great location at intersection of routes 30 and 100, with easy access to route 202, King of Prussia, route 422 by-pass, and Philadelphia (about 30 minutes away by car along 4-lane highways).
Large indoor shopping mall a block away.

NEGATIVES: They placed us in a room near the elevators and we could hear them whenever they were in use. Occasional noise in the otherwise quiet corridors from kids' sports teams. Only one computer available for going online (hotel appears to be wireless for laptops) means long waits to check email.

OVERALL: A very nice, clean, hotel that looks recently redecorated.

• Liked — Cleanliness, service, free breakfast and free parking.
  • Disliked — Being placed in a room near the elevators.
  • Stayed August 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2007

Last weekend, we found ourselves unexpectedly in need of a motel room and this place had a vacancy. What a pleasant surprise! The place is exceedingly well run. The room was immaculate and comfortable, the free breakfast had a full-time attendant making sure tables were cleaned up promptly and everything was available, and the staff was efficient and courteous. On top of that, their room rate is quite a bit lower than others in the area.

Stayed May 2007
california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2006

I stayed here for two weeks. Great Hotel. Very nice Hotel. walking distance to so much places to eat. the Winner Circle sports bar accross the street is a must for the Friday night all you can eat Crab.

• Liked — mostly everything
  • Disliked — no paper on weekends
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2006

They should just close the doors on this place. It is awful!!!! Condom wrappers in my room and rude staff. First room was dirty, never cleaned and the second room had someone in it. Never tried a 3rd room, moved to the Inn at Chester Springs.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2006

I visited this hotel because my husband works in the area and stays at this hotel.
The rooms are comfortable and clean. The staff is courteous and very friendly. The included breakfast is very good with lots of choices. The area has lots of shops, restaurants and other activities. It is a great place to start exploring the Amish country. My stays at this hotel have always been very enjoyable. They treat me like a queen. I understand why my husband stays at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2005

My son is involved in sports and over the summer his team was invited to participate in a tournament in the Exton area. The tournament had a suggested list of hotels, but we chose this one based solely on the proximity of the location to the field the team would be playing at. Being a Holiday Inn Express, I expected a pleasant stay, but I didn't expect what I got. The first morning of the tournament, our first game was to be played very early--5:00AM. Breakfast wasn't supposed to start until six but, as I was the first to rise and decided to go for a little walk to start the morning at 3:30, I came to the lobby to see that breakfast was already mostly set up. I asked the gentleman as he was setting it up if he always sets it up at thie time and his response was, 'No, I just figured that the team would like to get off to a good start.'

Unfortunately the start was good but the outcome of the game didn't match. We were eliminated early in the tournament, but we decided to stay through the entire weekend anyway to take in the excellent shopping not too far from the hotel. When it was time to go home on sunday morning, we almost didn't want to leave

• Stayed July 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2005

I travel quite a bit on business and after my company booked me at this hotel for a 5-week business trip, I looked up reviews on it on-line. I was so disappointed and more than a bit scared because the few reviews I found were all awful! So, I e-mailed the hotel to express my concerns and they replied immediately and asked that I give them a chance to prove the other reviews wrong and upgraded me to a King Executive room for the same price as the regular room my company had reserved. I arrived there in the middle of August of 2005 and was scheduled to be there for five weeks. I was a bit concerned when I arrived well past the 3:00 check-in time to find that my room was not ready. I went somewhere to get a bite to eat and by the time I arrived back there, my room was ready. It was clean, well-appointed and more spacious than a regular Holiday Inn I had stayed at in Evansville, Indiana recently. A USA Today was delivered to my door each morning and the free in-room wireless internet access worked almost flawlessly (only trouble was one day after the power had gone out but since I work in technical support for a software company, I recommended they reboot their server and it was fine after that.) They were doing some construction during my stay but for the most part it was not a bother. I did not take advantage of the free continental breakfast at any point so I can't comment on that. There are plenty of restaurants in the area and the King of Prussia Mall was an easy 14-mile drive away. All in all, I thought the Holiday Inn Express-Lionsville was a good value for the money and it made my long business trip a bit more bearable.

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville? Share your experiences!