“Convenient and decent place to stay” 3 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Exton
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Convenient and decent place to stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We recently stayed here for a soccer tournament last weekend and found the hotel through a special rate on Hotwire.com. Hotel was pretty clean for the most part, free wifi, free breakfast in the AM, outdoor pool (but was too cold outside to use), rooms overall were clean, but we found 2 beetles near our air conditioning unit, once when we got in the room and another two days later. Upon check-in at 3am, the person checking me in was nice, but unfamiliar with many things. Asked for extra sheets/blankets and was told she wasn't sure where they were kept, but then found some, wasn't sure if crib was available, but said it had to be put together and that I would have to call front desk in the morning, etc. She was basically able to check us in and that was it. Anything else we needed had to wait until the morning.

Housekeeping lady we had on 4th floor Saturday morning was SUPER NICE and got us everything we needed, although it was a little hard because she didn't speak any English. But she worked with me until we figured it out :) She was very nice!

We had a King bed room and had to bring an air mattress. If moving the chair to the side in the room, queen air mattress fits by window, but kind of a tight squeeze.

There is a shopping mall directly across the street, as well as an outdoor mini-mall type of location with places such as a grocery store, Big Lots, Subway, TCBY yogurt, Kohls, and other stores. All are within walking distance. There is a Starbucks about a quarter mile away, as well as a gas station with a Dunkin Donuts inside kiddie corner behind hotel, within walking distance. There are also other shopping malls, all within about a 15 minute ride.

Overall, good hotel for our purpose. But rates in Exton for most decent hotels are high, so recommend using something like Hotwire.com's rate where they tell you the Hotel Name AFTER you pay. There is a select few hotels that they mentioned could be chosen in the Exton area and all were over $159 p/night without using that special rate option. Ended up spending $111 p/night using the option where they name your hotel after purchase. I'm not a huge believer in that option, but I think it is a safe bet in the Exton, PA area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Jen P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. We appreciate your compliments regarding our hotel.

We are pleased to note that you enjoyed your overall experience with us. Our aim is to make sure that we provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests and I am glad that you were satisfied with the services and amenities that we have to offer.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope that you continue to choose us in the future.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was at the HIE in Exton for almost 2 weeks. The hotel staff was fantastic, breakfast's was nicely varied (although the space to get around could be better laid out), and overall my stay was great. The hotel staff provided some great suggestions for restaurants and were very knowledgeable about the local area. They were always willing to help with directions to places I was interested in seeing. The room was very nice and had both a refrigerator and a microwave so if I didn't finish a meal at a restaurant (happens a lot), I could bring the remainder back to heat up for a later meal. Overall it was a great stay and I would definitely stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
express120, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
I wish I could go to a restaurant and walk away with leftovers! I’m glad your overall stay with us was so great. As you mentioned, we do have a few “opportunities” like the limited space for breakfast. We do, however, try to alleviate any headaches for our guests by training our staff to be as attentive and helpful as possible. We like to say ”there may be some hills ahead of us, but they just help us climb to the top.” We don’t have many guests who stay with us for extended periods of time, so if you have any observations or collective criticisms please feel free to e-mail me with your comments. That being said, I and the entire Holiday Inn Express Exton staff would like to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your kind words and for sharing them on TripAdvisor. We hope you stay with us again and look forward to your next visit.

Dan Jones- Guest Services Manager
Avon, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Business Trip to PA and stayed at Holiday Inn Express. It was a great location, near restaurants and shopping. The staff was super friendly and extremely helpful! I highly recommend staying at this hotel if you are staying in the Exton area!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
As a member of that super friendly and extremely helpful staff, I would like to thank you for your glowing review of our hotel. We are elated that your stay was so enjoyable. We pride ourselves on ensuring our guests receive the best stay possible. We would love to have you stay with us the next time you’re in the area. Until then, safe travels and we hope to see you soon.

Dan Jones – Guest Services Manager
Livingston Manor, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Recently my wife and I stayed at this hotel in Exton, Pa as we are planning to relocate to that area. The receptionist besides being cordial and efficient took a personal interest in our situation. She gave us maps, real estate literature and tips on shopping and dining facilities.She also put us in contact with Elaine LaRosa, who went above and beyond her position as Director of Sales/Mkt.
When we met with her the next morning we found out we had alot in common. She arranged a meeting with an excellent real estate agent who showed us several properties. Thanks to Elaine, our stay was not only enjoyable but productive as well. She's even called our home to see how things are going. Mac and Marilyn L

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
express120, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Elaine would like me to start by telling you she says hi and hopes everything with the relocation has been going smoothly for you. It is humbling working alongside her and seeing just how many people she has relationships with. She really puts a meaning to the saying, “it’s a small world.” From her and the rest of our staff, we would like to sincerely thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time and effort to share your experience with us and potential guests to the area. Your word of mouth is our best advertisement. Our mission statement is to provide great hotels guests love and it is evident from this review that we are doing something right. Since you will be living in the area, please do not hesitate to stop by for some breakfast and some friendly conversation.

Dan Jones – Guest Services Manager
Hartsdale, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

If you are here for business, this is a good place to stay. Staff was very nice and very helpful with directions. Nice size room and bedding was comfortable. Good location with multiple restaurants around. Regular breakfast buffet. Nothing fancy but good enough.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
You hit the nail on the head when you said that our hotel is a great place for business travelers to stay. A lot of the comments you made also make us a great hotel for leisure travelers. From our clean rooms to our friendly staff and convenient location, our hotel has everything you need to have a relaxing and enjoyable staff away from home. That being said, we truly appreciate your review of our hotel and the kind words you wrote. If you have any suggestions about what we can do to improve our breakfast buffet, please feel free to contact me directly. “If we are not getting better, we’re getting worse.” My name is Dan Jones and my email address is: dan.jones@hieexton.com. You can also call me at (610) 524 9000. Thank you again and we wish you safe travels.

Dan Jones
Guttenberg, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights on a business trip in March. I am usually picky about hotels, so before I arrived, I felt a little nervous because this hotel was selected for me by the company I was visiting. I found everything to be satisfactory, however! Here are the things I liked: The public areas and rooms were updated and very clean, bed linens and towels were soft and bath towels were a good size; large counterspace in the bathroom; the rooms were conveniently outfitted with fridge and microwave (also very clean), lighting was adequate and comfortable for reading and using computer. The staff are also friendly and helpful in recommending places to eat in the area. I can tell the management put a lot of attention into running this hotel.
Location is also a plus. The hotel is located in a shopping area with lots of stores, restaurants, gas stations, and supermarkets. I simply walked across the parking lot for dinner each night - didn't even have to drive!
The only one thing that wasn't great was the wifi - very slow during evening hours, especially between 6-9pm. It was a problem because I needed to work in my room. It was fine though after 10pm. I hope this hotel will find a solution to fix it.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for those traveling in this area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
express120, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
It is truly exciting to receive such a glowing review from a self-proclaimed picky traveler. You seemed to have noticed and commented on many of the positive attributes our amazing hotel and staff have to offer. Our goal is to give our guests with the best service and stay possible and to provide them with a great hotel they love. Knowing that we accomplished this makes everything we do worth while. I would also like to thank you for bringing to light the issues you experienced with the internet. We understand the need for internet as being paramount to today’s travelers and want to ensure the best possible wifi. We have a very helpful and local technology services company who monitors and can easily resolve most issues our guests may experience. So, if you return to the area, we hope you choose to stay with us and we will do our best to ensure you do not experience any internet issues. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Warmest Regards,
Dan Jones
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Holiday Inn Exton is simply amazing. The staff is very helpful and go out of the way to help the guests. I stayed there for 2 nights this weekend and if I am ever in the area, I would surely be staying at Holiday Inn

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
express120, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Savi G,
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this amazing review of the Holiday Inn Express in Exton. We are glad that your stay was enjoyable and that your experience matched our goal of creating a great hotel that our guests love. It is always nice to hear that our friendly and helpful staff were able to impact a guests stay and make it as memorable as yours was. We are excited for you to return to the area, especially since you have already stated that you will stay with us. Remember, you always have a home away from home at the Holiday Inn Express in Exton.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Exton - Lionville? Share your experiences!