“Hristodoulos Soublis "Like being at Home"” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Exton
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Hristodoulos Soublis "Like being at Home"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

I travel for work and really enjoy the Marriott Brands, rarely take the time to write a review, but these folks deserve it.

Billie's can do attitude and warm personality made me feel I was with family. We stay here often since it is very conveniently located for us. Erika always remembers our cookies too and makes sure that my room is just right.

Being a middle tier property with a middle tier price tag, and the highest level of customer service, there is no reason for us to go anywhere else!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
phlexgm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Exton, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you again for choosing the Fairfield Inn of Exton for your lodging needs, and for taking the time out of your busy schedule to leave comment about your recent stay. I will make sure Billie and Ericka are aware of your kind words!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I feel bad whenever I give a bad rating to a business that's "past it's prime" because I appreciate how much effort must go in to upkeep, as well as how hard it is to compete with newly built places.
That said, if the primary objective is for travelers to use their dollars wisely, I have to recommend against staying here. On the upside, our check-in went smoothly, our experience with staff was positive, and we didn't see anything particularly "dirty". The breakfast offering was comparable to other hotels in this category.
The elevator is very basic, almost pure utility. The hallways and rooms are much the same. There was a bit of peeling wallpaper, and the room generally had a 'dingy' feel. The bathroom layout is terrible, especially for two people. The internet was, as others have reported, less than ideal. I measured it at 1.5mb up/download; by today's standards, that's unacceptable.
We paid ~$100/night, and I have to imagine there are better options for similar prices in the area.
One last note--the address provided by Marriott does NOT work in iPhone's GPS, so be sure to check where you're going first.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
phlexgm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Exton, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to leave us a comment regarding your recent stay. I would like to talk further with you about your stay with us. When you have a chance, please contact me at 610-524-8811.

David Hart-General Manager
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I just wanted to share my experience at this hotel. I was here on business for 4 days. The entire staff were very nice and professional. My room was clean and the breakfast assortment was wonderful. I was thoroughly impressed with the breakfast. I noticed that the staff worked very hard all the time and they were very courteous.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
We are glad that your needs were met during your recent stay with us. Our team is devoted to giving 110% everyday! If your in the area again, please consider staying with us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn during the weekend of 8-9 February during a major winter ice storm during which we spent five days without electricity. We arrived unannounced at the hotel cold and unwashed, and Billie Sullivan took us in graciously for the one available night (all area hotels were packed). We had to check out the next morning, but Billie tracked us down to tell us that the room was available for one more night. Above and beyond the call of duty. I am a lifetime user of Marriott properties and this is the type of service the Marriott staff gives. My thanks to the Fairfield Inn and Ms Sullivan from an appreciative customer.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Indeed this is one Winter we will never forget! I am glad that we were able to accomdate you and your Family, and were able to meet your needs!
Exton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I travel quite frequently, and am in hotels almost every week. I have to say the Fairfield Inn has some of the best people I have encountered in my travels. Dawn and Nancy, who are an integral part of the front desk team, make the experience feel like you're staying with friends. They go out of their way to help, always have a smile, and they follow up to make sure your stay is positive. The General Manager is engaged in making sure guests are well taken care of, and clearly creates a great team dynamic. They give meaning to superior customer service.

The hotel is also quiet, convenient, and a place I would recommend staying!

Room Tip: Back side quieter
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I will convey your postive comments to Dawn and Nancy!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

As a business travel I expect hotels to have adequate and stable internet service. This hotel did not. I will not be staying with Fairfield again. I cannot afford the aggravation and wasted time trying to troubleshoot the internet.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

phlexgm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Exton, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
I truly apologize that you could not complete your Business related tasks because of Internet Issues during your recent stay. We realize that it is very important to your Business on the road. We contacted our Internet Support Team, and they discovered and have corrected various issues regarding the Internet Service.

Again, please accept our sincere apologies.....
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

love staying here, but this week in room 4xx, there is NO internet reception. considering that I check upon teams in India, I cannot reach them. it was a similar situation last week in room 4xx.

the staff is great, great rate, just the internet needs fixing!

thanks
joseph banegas
platinum
member

Room Tip: internet is sometimes a problem in upper floors away from the lobby. no access thisweek, nor last w...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I truly apologize for you experiencing Internet Issues during your stay. We realize that our road warriors need reliable Internet Access, and that it is vital. We have contacted our Internet Support Team and they did find and correct various issues with regards to Guest Internet Access.

Again, please accept our sincere apologies.

Been to Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Exton? Share your experiences!