“Comfortable night of sleep; hotel desperately needs makeover” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 8 hotels in Exton
NJ
“Comfortable night of sleep; hotel desperately needs makeover”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

The staff at this hotel are great! They are good enough for me to raise my rating, which would have been lower. Helpful and pleasant, even when busy.

This hotel is located near an intersection of two busy roads, but we didn't hear any road noise. We didn't hear much noise from other rooms and did hear some noise from the hall. We had a king room with a hot tub. There was a shower in the bathroom, a desk with chair, an armchair, a dresser, television, refrigerator, and microwave. The bed was comfortable and linens clean and soft. Ditto the towels. The room, bathroom, tub, and appliances were all clean. There is a pool with windows on two sides looking out on the busy intersection. There is no hot tub, but the pool water is on the warm side. The breakfast is free, but there are fewer hot items than some hotel free breakfasts. We didn't experience any strange smells that other reviewers mentioned.

The problem with this hotel is that it needs a makeover because there are water stains on the wall of the pool. Our room had a hole in it (like someone had tried to make a hole for some wires). The wireless did not work consistently.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
phlexgm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Exton, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for raising your ranking! Our goal is to "WOW" each and every Guest from the time of their reservations until check out. I have passed onto our maintenance staff the issues that you described , and they are now diligently working to correct those areas. We are in the process of preparing for major renovations, but a task as big as this of course take lots of planning and time. We are getting excited about this project as well as our loyal guests!

198 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Exton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My front desk and breakfast experience spearheaded by Gabby and Omayra was a peaceful and tranquil relief after a very long and stressful two day commute. I am a rewards member and I will be extending my stay thanks to the wonderful staff HERE!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
First, thank you for your loyalty to Marriott! All of our staff are trained to "put themselves in our guests shoes," and no make each and every guest experience personal. We give them the freedom to use their skills to bring our guests the ultimate experience. I will pass your kind comments onto to Gabby and Omayra...

Thank You!
Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I spent a week at the Fairfield Inn recently. Every person I came across was very welcoming and went out of their way to make sure your stay was good. Comfortable beds and pillows (although I heard not all rooms have great pillows). Breakfast was as expected, nothing great but nothing bad to report. The only thing I would complain about was the fact that my room key did not work more than a couple times without having to go back to the front desk. They said it was because the key could not be near a cell phone or credit card. Did my best to keep them apart but it did not help. I was vert thankful my room was close to the front desk. Not sure I would have been happy to be on another floor and to keep running downstairs for that.

Room Tip: I was told to get a room in the back due to truck/traffic noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
phlexgm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Exton, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for staying with us here in Exton, and for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a comment! We sincerly apologize that you had Room Key issues during your stay.
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

For the last few days we have been staying at the Fairfield Inn in Exton, PA. A large contingent of our family ialso stayed there to attend the wake and funeral of our sister-in-law, whom we lost at the age of 46 to breast cancer. On very short notice we decided to request the conference room at the hotel for our family to get together after the wake. The staff went out of their way to make sure that we had everything we needed, especially André and Elaine. We greatly appreciate their compassion and efforts to make things smooth for us. Their gracious humanity was touching.

Room Tip: ask to have an odd numbered room; that way you won't face rte. 100 in the morning.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
phlexgm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Exton, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
First, we are very sorry for your loss. This is never an easy part of our lives. We are glad that we were able to play a part on making your stay just a little bit easier, and we will convey to both Elaine and Andre' your comments. Thank you!
Elkins Park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I checked in on Sunday 10/21 a little after midnight and was greeted by a warm, friendly desk agent name Erica. Erica displayed great energy and made me and my wife feel at home after a long evening. Please express my thanks to her, all Marriott associates should model this kind of hospitality!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you choosing the Fairfield Inn! We will pass this comment onto Ericka, and we are glad that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations.
Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Exton while on a business trip. After a long day I lost my wallet while in the hotel and assumed it fell out of pocket while entering room. I immediately contacted staff and they began to review footage and ask questions as if it was their wallet. Luckily it was lost in my room (doink!) but that effort really showed me that their are companies who still value customers (not a thing of the past). I would stay here again in a heartbeat and the cookies were great!

Room Tip: You pay for what you get, but they truly go above and beyond the cheap rates.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
phlexgm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Exton, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
We were so glad you found your wallet! We/I put my self in your shoes....I am hundreds of miles from home, and my wallet is missing. I believe most of the staff became concerned right along with you. As the old saying goes, "its the little things that make the difference."
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Lady at check in nice. Rate was good. Location good. Breakfast good. Room was just old, tired and it didn't smell great. Elevator was slow and old. Needs a refurb! Check out nearby Bobs restaurant With great food

• Stayed October 2012
phlexgm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Exton, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn of Exton for your lodging needs! We appreciate your taking the time out of your busy schedule to give us a Review. We are scheduled for Major Renovations come the first QT of 2013 and we are getting excited about this along with our Guests!

Been to Fairfield Inn Philadelphia Exton? Share your experiences!