“Ok for one night, but take your event elsewhere...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Exton Valley Forge

You added Wyndham Garden Exton Valley Forge to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Exton Valley Forge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   815 North Pottstown Pike, Exton, PA 19341 (Formerly Inn at Chester Springs Hotel Conference Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Exton
Baton Rouge
“Ok for one night, but take your event elsewhere...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I got married on Labor Day weekend at Meredith Manor-the deal was that when you reached your 25 blocked rooms, we would get our room for free. We also booked the ONLY two suites in the hotel - which cost more than the normal room. When meeting with Lisa and Robin closer to the wedding, we realize that we have over 60 rooms blocked for up to 3 nights! They only wanted to give us 1 regular room for free for 1 night. That was the first argument. That same day we met with them, they let us know that there was a breakfast now included with the stay, and I asked if there would be eggs (the only thing I eat for breakfast) and they said yes. The weekend of the wedding we arrive and everything was all set, however, we see the breakfast, and there were no hot items - only coffee and a packaged pastry. So my mother spoke to them and made an agreement that she would pay the $9.95 per person the morning after the wedding for any guests that wanted hot breakfast in their restaurant before heading home on a long trip. Guests got vouchers upon checking in.(Never once did anyone let my mother know that the restaurant WAS NOT OPEN on the Monday of Labor Day!!! I will get back to this). Friday evening we had a large dinner in the restaurant. Saturday evening we had multiple instances where the bartenders were extremely rude to myself, my mother, and our guests. My aunt purchased a vodka tonic from the bar. She realized there was a chip in the glass, so my mother took it to the bar to get a new one. The bartender yelled at her, refused to fix another drink. The restaurant manager actually over heard him yell and her and later in the weekend apologized to my mother, saying he "took care of it." After my wedding, we were holding a cash bar after party for our guests with pizza - which we had to pay for the room and bartenders and pizza (approx. $400). The same rude bartender was there-he screamed at my 10 year old nephew, who was getting a slice of pizza, telling him he wasn't allowed in there, making him cry. They then proceeded to tell my mother that they made over $3000 from my guests in that hour. They were charging $10 per drink. 6 shots cost a friend $96! Monday morning - they let us know they would open the restaurant for us from 9-11am. We had 88 guests use their vouchers. Another $2000. They charged my groom's credit card $200 gratuity for the servers.THERE WERE NO SERVERS! IT WAS A BUFFET! For the amount of money that you save on the rooms-you pay elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Chris B, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Exton Valley Forge, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for writing to us about our experiences while staying with us during your wedding. we tried to address your concerns as soon as you brought these to out attention, the suite was complimentary for the three nights the bride stayed with us. Our new complimentary contienental buffet was something new we introduced the week prior to your party, it was never described as anything more than a complimentary continental breakfast buffet. I spoke to the restaurant manager and he assures me the issues that occurred in the lounge were handled as soon as he found out about them.
We handle a few hundred weddings throughout the year and work very hard at exceeding all of our guests expectations. We will fall short on occation but we do respond quickly to resolve these issues quickly and to the best of our ability.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)

Been to Wyndham Garden Exton Valley Forge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wyndham Garden Exton Valley Forge

Address: 815 North Pottstown Pike, Exton, PA 19341 (Formerly Inn at Chester Springs Hotel Conference Center)
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Exton
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Exton
Hotel Class:3 star — Wyndham Garden Exton Valley Forge 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Wyndham, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Wyndham Garden Exton Valley Forge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wyndham Garden Exton Valley Forge Hotel Exton
Hotel At Chester Springs
Chester Springs Inn

If you own or manage Wyndham Garden Exton Valley Forge, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.