“Fine hotel experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Exton
Atlanta, Georgia
“Fine hotel experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2006

I stayed here one night in preparation for a local business meeting. Late arrival and early departure. The room was nice, and a waste of some nice space - a kitchen, living room with pull out sofa, comfy bed and nice bathroom with seperate lavatory area. They had the iron I needed for my shirt, they loaned me some scissors that I needed, and the breakfast offered some healthy options to go with the ususal Belgian waffle maker and donut fare!
All in all, it was an excellent stay at a reasonable price and I will plan to stay here again when I have reason to call upon the area again!

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Buffalo, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2005

I travel a great deal on business, and have previously stayed at this Residence Inn before, as it is near one of my company's offices. I had booked a room on-line two weeks in advance for a two night stay and, of course, guaranteed the stay on my credit card.

Imagine my surprise last night when I showed up at the Residence Inn at 8:45 p.m. (after a very long day) and was told that no rooms were available. The explanation I was given was that they are an "extended stay" hotel and that this situation happens. Of course, all of the other hotels in the area were booked solid.

I should mention that I am a Marriott Silver Preferred member. Although I know it doesn't require a lot of stays to become a Silver member (10), I have already logged about 20 stays at Marriott branded hotels this year. I imagine this number will drop precipitously in the near future, since I book my own travel.

I have stayed at other Residence Inns this year, and have never been denied a room.

The clerk said that he did have a room available, but he was holding it for a "Platinum" member. This made me feel even less valuable as a customer. I wish he hadn't mentioned it. He did make arrangements for me to stay in a Holiday Inn 15 miles away. He also arranged to pay for the hotel. The Holiday Inn was so decrepit, that I checked out after one night. (This is not an indictment of Holiday Inns; they're just not in the same league as a Residence Inn.)

The desk clerk at the Residence Inn, Anthony, was very young, and I don't envy the position he was in. But I have to say that the situation was a miserable one, and I highly recommend that you do not book a room here since they apparently do not value even their better customers.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
az
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2005

I stay at Residence Inns when I travel for business and pleasure, and I must say this is by far and away my least favorite experience. This property does not compare favorably, at all, with any other Residence Inn I have visited before.

My biggest concern is security at the property. Half way through my stay, I misplaced my room key. I went to the front desk and promptly given a key to my room - without providing any type of identification!

The evening 'social' was laughable. 'Salad Night' consisted of a handful of small styrofoam bowls (all nearly empty) and a half empty bottle of salad dressing. Generally, each night was more or less the same as the 'salad Night'.

I do not think this property is owned by Marriott - and it operates below the radar of corporate management.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
long island, ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2005

We stayed in a 1BR unit. The place isn't that bad. Needs some minor touch-up work. The b'fast was not very well stocked and very crowded. We ended up taking it back to our room every morning. We also made several trips back there to see if it ws replenished. They ran out of coffee 2 mornings and were instructing people to go make it in their rooms. (Every room had a kitchen with coffee maker). The pool was small but made my kids very happy. They ran out of pool towels but quickly gave us regular bath towels to use.
There was a Pizzeria Uno right in front of the hotel and a Red Robin nearby.
The staff were friendly and mostly helpful. It was a bargain for the price we paid.

Been to Residence Inn Philadelphia Exton? Share your experiences!