“Food is good, but overpriced.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi, Chinese, Thai, Asian fusion
Description: phone #610-594-1510 www.umamiasianbistro.com
Description: phone #610-594-1510 www.umamiasianbistro.com
Exton, PA
“Food is good, but overpriced.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Service was mediocre. Portions were small to average. The food had a good taste, but was overpriced compared to the same dish at other restaurants. For me, this is not worth going back to unless I have a coupon. Not worth paying regular price.

Visited October 2013

90% Recommend
Tampa, Florida
“Sushi without Beer and Saki?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

This mall restaurant was unimpressive. I liked Sashimi, but this one was tasteless and meager for the price of $22 in a very basic restaurant. My partners had Sushi and Shrimp Tempura, and were equally unimpressed. They serve no alcoholic beverages and allow BYOB, but the Liquor store nextdoors (part of Giant Supermarkets) had closed at 5:00 PM. I had brought bmy own scotch minibottle, just in case, and was provided with a glass of ice as well as a glass of water. Nice, until teh waiter fiolled my scotch glass with water, never noticing that the glass had no straw and the liquid in it brown. It's not a place to which I would return, there are much better places in the area.

Visited October 2013
Coatesville, Pennsylvania
“Finally! Good Chinese!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Wonderful service, atmosphere, variety, and perfect sushi! We had no idea this restaurant was sitting right up the road. We will definitely make this a frequent stop. We took our 4 year old for dinner this evening and she loved it. I can say that as long as your small child is well behaved you should be fine dining with them here. They do offer a children's menu. However we did not order from it. Do be aware some items on the menu can pack a pretty big punch of heat. They do serve Thai dishes.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The restaurant was a surprise find. The food was good and the service quick.They had a good variety of food too. Ambience was good too. Though when we entered at around 8 we were the only people in the restaurant, we saw a lot of people doing take aways and a little later there were a stream of other customers walking in.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Glad I tried something new”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Bored with my usual haunts, I was determined to try both a new restaurant and a new dish. I found Umani thru a web search and was impressed with TA reviews. Umani, has a somewhat upscale, urban feel about it, despite suburban strip mall location and the kitschy waving mechanical cat that greets from a counter by the door. Nicely furnished in an spartan and uncluttered way with a subdued and quiet atmosphere. Service was attentive and prompt. Tried the Crab Rangoon appetizer, a maiden voyage for me and it was delicious! Creamy crab filling in a delicately fried wonton, simply presently with shredded lettuce & red cabbage with a not too sweet dipping sauce. Also, had the Tiger Roll, salmon, avocado, spicy mayo, it was very good,fresh tasting, and had nice eye appeal. The vegetable lo mein was a bit of a disappointment. The dish could have used more vegetables and seasoning and the noodles were over cooked. $2 for a cup of green tea was a bit much. Next time I'll do water with lemon. My tab was just under $30. On whole I enjoyed my dining experience and will go again.

• Visited September 2013