Stayed here in July 2005. All of the other reviews are, unfortunately, correct. This is just an awful excuse for a hotel.
Lobby area does not look bad. But rooms are in bad shape. Floor was not clean. Bedsheets were not tucked in at all, and there was a very tiny mattress protector.
Philly is hot and humid in the summer, so you need to turn on your air conditioner. The one in our room gave out incredibly loud bumpy noises, and repeatedly turned on and off throughout the night, so you cannot sleep. On the other hand, if you turn it off, it will get so hot and humid that you cannot sleep. If you actually want to sleep, go somewhere else.
The Ramada uses a key card system. Every day we were there, we had to get our keys scanned so that our door would open. Highly inconvenient and annoying.
Finally, I must say that the room service food was pretty good. But even here there was an irritation. Although an 15% or 18% "service charge" is added to the bill, if you charge it to your room, the delivery person will have you sign a charge slip which asks whether you want to add a "tip." Isn't that what a "service charge" is for? These people have a lot of nerve to charge a mandatory tip, and then ask you to give more on top of that.
Overall, a highly unpleasant experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 14 shuttle/vans and 5+ consistently running around the clock. Timely arrival/departure from the PHL airport is our priority! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Philadelphia Airport Hotel Essington
- Ramada Hotel Philadelphia Airport
- Ramada Hotel Essington
- Essington Ramada
- Ramada Essington