“good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center

You added The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center to your Saves list
The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   76 Industrial Highway, Essington, PA 19029 (Formerly Ramada Philadelphia Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Essington
The Bay Area
“good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Stayed here overnight after cancellation of the flight. A decent place, 15 min from the airport, with a dedicated shuttle. The room is conventional yet functional, clean, with free and fast WiFi. Extra toiletries at the front desk. I wish their choice of in-room teas included herbal teas of a bit higher quality (what you get are two bags of the generic Lipton EB). Staff helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Jason B, General Manager at The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear cuckatoo,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Clarion Philadelphia Airport Hotel due to a cancelled flight. We appreciate all of your comments and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

With so many choices here at the Philadelphia International Airport, we greatly appreciate your business!

Jason Bloom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Watertown, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I stayed here for 2 weeks while working in Philadelphia. The staff was great! Always smiling and professional even when busy and stressed. Room was always clean. Only down side I experienced was the lack of parking on the weekend because folks (who were not staying at the hotel) were occupying the spaces for a convention. Would stay again.

Room Tip: Had a room on the top floor. Was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear MFM19,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Clarion Philadelphia Airport Hotel for your home away from home for two weeks. We appreciate all of your comments and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

With so many choices here at the Philadelphia International Airport, we greatly appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Here for a hockey tournament Memorial Day weekend 2014. Front desk staff were professional. The hotel was full so parking spaces were hard to find at certain times of the day. Room was nice enough with new bedding. Bathroom sink was slow to drain and when you turned on the shower half the water continued to come out of the faucet. Railing on balcony made me very nervous as it was old and loose. We used the "Park and Jet" shuttle to go to the airport to catch the SEPTA train into the city when we had some free time. Nice way to go.

Room Tip: Though I was told they did not have 2 beds when I registered online in advance I asked again when I...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear GoNSEW,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Clarion Philadelphia Airport Hotel for your recent hockey tournament over Memorial Day Weekend. We appreciate all of your comments and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I reviewed your comments with my Chief Engineer to make sure all drains are continuously cleaned out to avoid water build-up. Also, we had our maintenance staff check all of the balcony railings to make sure they are secure.

With so many choices here at the Philadelphia International Airport, we greatly appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back for a future hockey tournament!

Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had reserved about 30 rooms over the Memorial Day weekend for guests to stay following a nearby wedding and received the most reasonable rate relative to about a dozen other hotels in the area. The lobby area is very attractive and inviting. My husband who is very particular about the quality of mattresses was very happy with ours. The only downside to the room was that the curtain did not close at the end and the light was bothersome. Nearly all the rooms have balconies. Service was just ok: had to ask twice for a crib and the front desk did not hand out the guest gift bags upon arrival as requested. They did keep the bar open later than usual for our after party as we had requested.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear JoyDeVoyage,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Clarion Philadelphia Airport Hotel for your recent wedding block over Memorial Day Weekend. We appreciate all of your comments and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that not all of your guests received their gift bags from our front desk staff. Hopefully, your guests were able to get their gift bag before their departure.

Avon Lake, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

On Thurs, May 15, 2014 my fiancee and I were stranded in Philly due to a cancelled US Airways flight to Punta Cana. Needless to say, we were not happy to be losing an entire day of our dream trip! With our hotel voucher in hand, we were shuttled to the Clarion by a VERY nice shuttle driver and into the lobby to meet with Darryl at the Front Desk for check in.

To say this young man was courteous and professional is to simply fall short of the treatment, kindness, understanding and service we received. To say his Mother should be crazy proud of him is a bit more clear!

Darryl and his welcoming nature, eased the pain of a cancelled flight and delayed vacation. KEEP HIM, PROMOTE HIM, KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE IN HIM! We witnessed his treatment of other patrons too, and it was consistent and exemplary!

Thank you for all you do there Darryl, you'll go far in life! And we will be seeking out the Clarion line in the future because of this experience too - and telling others!

Jason and Melissa

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear relkcupsg1,

I would like to thank you for staying at the Clarion Philadelphia Airport Hotel, even though it was due to a cancelled flight. We appreciate all of your comments and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. In addition, thank you for the kind words about our staff member!

Hopefully, you were able to get to Punta Cana safely and enjoy your dream vacation!

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Stayed here for a conference. While the hotel was slightly shabby, the service was excellent and the banquet food was quite good. The gift shop was not open but the woman at the front desk was able to find me 2 band-aids from someone's personal stash when I cut my finger. The wait staff was friendly and efficient. Even though the hotel is close to the airport, I was not bothered by plane noise inside.

Room Tip: The second floor does not have ice or vending machines so it is a little quieter than the upper floo...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Iva F,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Clarion Philadelphia Airport Hotel for your recent stay. We appreciate all of your comments and glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

With so many choices here at the Philadelphia International Airport, we greatly appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back!

rochester, ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

I have been on this site for years and use it frequently to base my travel plans on. Occasionally, as with this hotel, some of the negative reviews have nothing to do with what the hotel can control and I like to take that into account. However, service at this hotel is extremely poor. I am an experienced traveler who regularly stays in hotels usually 3-5 stars but I have stayed at the occasional motel 6. I would you encourage you to stay at a motel 6 over this hotel. The hotel lobby was dirty when we entered. We check in and arrived to our room with 2 double beds when I requested a queen. I contacted Jamie at the service desk who told me I am only promised a room when I book not the exact room I book. I even took the time to mention on the original booking that we were checking in after 12am. We checked in at 2 am and he said they were still cleaning rooms and a queen would be available at 4am!!! The room very noisy. You can hear everything going on the floor above and below. Planes fly over all night. It is also near the train as well. Housecleaning staff starts knocking on your door at 7:30 to clean the room and the noise is unbelievable from the vacuums etc. the heat in the room was either all or nothing and smelled like it was burning when you first turn it on. There are not enough blankets in the room and no one will bring them to you. I would take my chances at motel 6. People will read this review and think I'm a snobby traveler, believe me I've stayed in nicer hostiles in NYC.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear loverlylyllah,

I would like to thank you for choosing the Clarion Philadelphia Airport Hotel for your recent stay. After reviewing your comments, I am very discomforted to hear about all of the challenges that occurred during your stay. I would like to apologize for your inconvenience and can assure you that your experience with us, is not a typical one. We strive to make sure all of our guests enjoy their stay with us. I invite you to contact me directly to discuss your visit and hopefully you can give us another try. With that said, I reviewed your experience with my entire staff to make sure we are addressing issues with our guests while they are here staying with us.

With so many choices here at the Philadelphia International Airport, we greatly appreciate your business and I look forward to hearing from you!

610-521-9600

Been to The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!