“Decent airport hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Essington
Woking
“Decent airport hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Walk up rate was $94 plus tax.
Room was decent enough, free wifi nothing to complain about.
Good diner next door, and Dennys next to that,
Free parking, free breakfast Toast cereal etc.
Only a few min drive from PHL airport.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

219 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

The hotel itself was barely OK. I had a reservation for 5/16/14 through 5/19/14. Due to extreme weather, I was unable to make it to the hotel on 5/16. I had until 3PM to make changes to my reservation. I called the hotel at 10:14 AM on the 16th to advise them that I would not be able to check in on the 16th but would be there on the 17th at about 4PM. I couldn't find a tel # for the booking agency, easytobook.com sp I sent a email to them at 1021 AM advising them of the change. The booking agency didn't advise the hotel until the next morning. Don't know why the hotel didn't take my word that I wasn't going to make it on the 16th but they didn't. So the hotel said that I was a no show and told the booking agency to charge me as such. When I checked in, I spoke to Joy, the front office manager, and she agreed that it was the booking agency's slow response that resulted im me being a no show. And agreed that I did not check in until the 17th. When the booking agency checked back with the hotel, they said I had checked in on the 16th at 11PM, which was a bold-faced lie. Wish I still had the checkout paperwork, but I don't. But I will never stay at a Comfort again nor book through easytobook.com..

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Yardley, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

So here we are. Checked in at 9pm for one night before flying west. Front desk person, Dee, is just not a super people person. Kind of disinterested. We reserved a refrigerator for meds and they didn't have it. No apologies. No concern. Got to room 422 and fan in bathroom
does not work, but it's really not needed to exhaust steam b/c there is NO HOT WATER. Two vending machines out of order, one that works has no diet beverages. Horrible place. Do not stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

This hotel was a dive. We arrived at 1am and they couldn't find our reservation even though I had it printed out with a confirmation number they took 20 minutes to verify I had a reservation from Booking.com. They said they did not get a fax because it was turned off. The hostess was unkempt and the room was horrible. It was filthy. The sheets had yellow stains, the carpet looked like it had not been vacuumed for ever. There was something spilled on the bed skirts, hair in the bathtub etc... Our room was so noisy all night from highway traffic and there was a flashing billboard shining in our room all night even with the curtains closed. Didn't sleep all night. Would have left after seeing the room but the shuttle stops at 1am. I honestly have never complained like this about a place but the health dept. should visit them!

Room Tip: there is not a good room in this hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
york county
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We stayed there again this year in April. Things were better, but still not up to the standards of other Comfort Inns we have used. Some rooms must be better than others, because this year was a marked improvement in the quality of the room. Still somewhat shabby, but acceptable. This year, there was a 30% increase in the price of the room from the previous year. Upon checking rates in June 2014, the rates was about $30.00 less that the previous month. This is puzzling, because one would think more people travel in the summer.

Rates were apparently raised for Penn Relays, but I find this price increase excessive. We then checked rates for next year and again, there was another rate increase. You can use there Choice Rewards system, but the rates are paid in advance and you cannot cance without losing your money! There are two restaurants close to the hotel--a plus.

After four visits to this hotel, we have yet to figure out what is going on at this facility. One time bad rooms, poor service--another time a better room and adequate service. Other reviews seem to confirm our opinion. The manager always has a stock reply to unfavorable reviews, but apparently does not follow through.

It is way overpriced for what you get. Again, we will have to decide if we want to stay there again next year. They are pricing themselves out of our range. Stay there, but do not expect what you usually get at a Comfort Inn.

We will check rates across the Franklin Bridge in NJ. The distance to Penn is about the same and there rates are more reasonable.

Room Tip: Room quality inconsistent--it is a crap shoot
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Unfortunately, this was an emergency family visit at a very busy time. Penn Relays etc.
Rooms were adequate however facility could use a upgrade. Only major problem was Handicap Parking. There were only 4 spaces available. Seen at least a six other cars with stickers or placards parked in open area not close to hotel entrance so I can imagine they had the same problem I did. Staff especially front desk and management was very helpful. Internet too slow or busy to be dependable. expected a Comfort Inn at an airport location - and like most other Comforts that we use - is what we expected. Fortunately for us it was close to the Interstates, easy to get to from Pittsburgh. via air or auto.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Other than that, Herndon was pleased with the overall stay; i.e., breakfast menu met my expectations as well as the staff, Brenda. As stated to Brenda, Herndon has yet to be disappointed with the breakfast hours or menu. The overall hotel cleanliness was consistent. The "grab bag" was a pleasant surprise. Herndon also enjoyed having the USA Today newspaper available. Why must one pay with a "credit card" inorder to enjoy the 3 night stay. Lastly, Herndon was not aware of the "2 separate visits promo" when the reservation was made. Consequently what difference does it make how the customer achieves the two nights stay??

• Stayed April 2014

Been to Comfort Inn Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!