“Don't stay here you'll be glad you did!” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Essington
“Don't stay here you'll be glad you did!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

This is the first time I have done a review which says a lot about how bad this is. I travel a lot and stay at many hotels and hands down this was the worst. The staff was rude. The room was filthy. Stains on bedspread. Bathroom filthy (wouldn't even take a shower in it). Didn't do wake up call (being close to the airport is only a plus if you make your flight). I could keep going. Not sure where positive reviews are coming from as this is a horrible hotel. Just horrible!

• Stayed November 2012
Jerran L, General Manager at Comfort Inn Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for posting your comments here on Trip Advisor. I am very distressed that you did not enjoy your visit with us.

Without having all of the details surrounding your visit with us, please accept my sincere apologies for the incconveniences you experienced.

Our hotel will be undergoing renovations in the next few weeks; we will have a brand new look and I hope you will give us a second chance to prove ourselves to you. If you would like to try us again, please contact Donna Lauria in our sales office and she will handle your arrangements for you.

Jerran Lewis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Best hotel in the area from the clerks to the management they made my stay extremely enjoyable. I definitely suggest all readers to check out this hotel. All employees are extremely kind. Thanks I will definitely stay again and will have all my friends stay as well. Keep up the great Job.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you very much for posting your comments here on Trip Advisor; we always like to know what we're doing right and what we are doing wrong so that we can correct these issues.

I was very happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us! Our staff works very hard to make our guests feel "at home" and I'm glad we succeeded with you!

Hoping to see you again soon,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

We recently stayed at Comfort Inn in Essington Pa. We have stayed here before and will definitely stay again. Yes, it is old BUT our room was always clean and comfortable, breakfast is good and all of the staff is always very congenial and helpful. This time was no exception. We would like to acknowledge Juliette at the front desk who checked us in and out and the woman who oversees the delicious breakfast. Both provided exemplary customer service. Not just to us -- they were both busy but they never stopped doing a great job with each guest that we could see. We are by no means regulars, we stay at this hotel once or twice a year. Staff come and go but they always make good customer service a priority at this Comfort Inn.

• Stayed November 2012
Jerran L, General Manager at Comfort Inn Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you very much for posting your comments here on Trip Advisor, and for your loyalty to our Comfort Inn. We appreciate it when our guests tell us what we are doing right and what needs to be corrected.

I am very proud of our staff - they do a wonderful job and their efforts are above and beyond what anyone else would do.

We all hope that you will come back and visit us again in the near future!

Philadelphia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This hotel states they will pick you up from the airport within 20 minutes. We were standing out in the cold for 30 minutes because the driver was unplugging toilets. There were only two employees in the hotel at the time which does not seem enough to cover such issues. In addition to the room being less than desirable, I would avoid this place for a park and fly.deal. The extra $50 is north worth it. The rest of the place is pretty shabby. The place has seen it's day and we won't return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jerran L, General Manager at Comfort Inn Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for posting your comments here on Trip Advisor. I am very sorry that you did not have an enjoyable visit with us.

Our hotel will be undergoing renovations beginning some time this month, or in early December; perhaps you would give us a second chance to prove ourselves to you by visting with us again after our renovations are completed. If you decide to return, please contact our director of sales - Donna Lauria; she will be very happy to personally assist you with your arrangements.

Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I do my research for all my road trip night stays, Sometimes its a gamble when the rates are low and location is close to an airport and IH HWY. I feel great I picked this Comfort Inn, with all the choices we had.
We checked in early evening so lobby was busy, but thats expected near Philadelphia PA International Airport, but the road traffic was not. We got the top floor room, it smell nice the second we walked in. Room, bed and bathroom were large and comfortable. Nice bed spread and clean sheets. the hideaway did look old and beat. pleanty of chairs and a table. Our view was of the east bound traffic into Philly. but we werent there for the views at night. No air traiffic noise.
Best was the HOT breakfast nook, with a huge variety to pick from. Make your own waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, toast, bagels, Muffins, Juices, cereals, You name it they just may have had it. A large screen TV so we could watch the morning news as we sip our coffee ate our hot breakfast.
They had a business computer (to exposed) available in the lobby. I needed to have our flight boarding passes made, but the printer was down, the front desk lady printed them out for me.
Not many places to eat along the street but they did have a dinner and a Dennys next door.
Our room did n not have a carafe for our morning coffee. There was a small drip leak in the bath tub, but we never heard it till we were in the bathroom.
I recommend anyone travel thru Philadelphia airport area to stay there, you cant beat the rates and what you get for it. Keep up the good work Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: Join the Choice Privileges for the hotel chains, you get best rates, its worth the time to log in...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you very much for posting such nice commnents on our hotel here on Trip Advisor, and for staying with us recently.

I am passing your comments along to our staff members so that they will know what a great job they are doing!

Our Comfort Inn will be undergoing renovations - beginning in the next couple of months. Perhaps you can re-visit us in the near future so you can see our new look!

Pompano Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

i normally don't review 'chain' hotels...since they
do what they are supposed to do, offer consistency
rather than the complete unknown. therein lies the
strength of the 'franchise' concept.
in this case however, two exceptional things hap-
pened...one, after i checked-in, which was not so
good...and another...action by managment to rectify
things, and make it right.
i was visiting philadelphia on a one-day trip to
attend a funeral, and needed a hotel that was con-
venient to the airport, and to the funeral, and offered
just basic comfort--it also needed to be easy to find.
i checked-in, and immediately went to the rest-
aurant next door for a late dinner. returning an hour
or so later, and going to my room, i found the key
didn't work. after several trips back and forth to the
front desk, and even trying with a master key, the
night manager and i were surprised to find the safety
bar holding the door closed...and SOMEONE ELSE
INSIDE THE ROOM!! the hotel had already assign-
ed my room to someone else.
after another delay, i finally did get to another
room, and got to spend an uneventful night, with
decent sleep. after a stop at the non-fancy, but
adequate breakfast (included with the room) in
the morning, i arranged to see the manager on duty
about the previous night's hi-jinx.
in fairness, i must say that the management of
this hotel stepped up, and did the things necessary
to make things right. in short order, she immediate-
ly issued a discount for a future stay--confirmed by
an e-mail to my smart-phone. she then explained
that she also felt financial compensation was in
order, but that since i booked through a third-party
agency, that would take some time, and effort on
their behalf. i left it at that, and went on to tend to
my obligations.
much to my surprise, some ten days later, while
traveling in europe, i received an e-mail, confirming
a redund to my american express account.
this level of attention to detail, and follow-up,
without my having to make additional contacts, shows
a commitment on the part of management at this
property to doing the best they can do. it also then,
warrants continued patronage, a thank you, and a
hearty "well done."
so, with deference to other reviews here...while
this hotel may not be cosmetically the best...it does
offer a lot of conveniences, is easy to find on a dark
night, after a long flight, has nearby services, and has
managers that go to bat for their customers. price-wise,
it is also an excellent value for this area. given that,
i would, and will stay at this comfort inn again.

Room Tip: i think they're all pretty much the same...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Jerran L, General Manager at Comfort Inn Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you very much for your kind words here on Trip Advisor. These postings assist us in correcting what's wrong and knowing what we did right!

I am very proud to have the staff that I have here; they do a wonderful job and are always courteous and professional, and will do their best to satisfy each and every guest.

We will begin renovating our hotel some time toward the end of November/beginning of December; perhaps you can return early in 2013 (if not before) so you can see all the improvements we're making.

Columbia, MO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel as a cheaper option to be near the airport. I expected it to be average and maybe subpar. It met my expectations.

The price was low and so was the quality.

Pros: Comfortable bed, quality air conditioner, good cable, free breakfast

Cons: Dirtyyyy, old, smelly, industrial, no fridge, thin walls

I couldn't sleep for the longest time because I felt itchy all over. I've never found bedbugs in a hotel, but I wouldn't be surprised if this place had them. The bathroom was poorly grouted and smelled strongly of mildew, even though all appeared clean. The bed had 5 pillows that were each about a square foot in size - why not get 2 or 3 normal pillows? The hallways looked filthy. The ice maker on the first floor was the only one that worked out of 4 ice makers. I could here coughing in either of the rooms around me because the walls were thin.

However, the breakfast was thorough - yogurt, cereal, toast, english muffins, sandwich-shaped eggs and sausage. Not too shabby.

Again - cheap hotel by the airport. What more can you expect?

Room Tip: Doesn't really matter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for posting your comments here on Trip Advisor, and for staying at our Comfort Inn/Phila. Airport. Our guests' comments assist us correcting what is wrong, or continue doing what is right.

Please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing stay with us. I can tell you that we will begin renovating some time next month, with these renovations being completed in early 2013.

If you would give us another chance I'm sure that when you return you will see a much improved product.

Jerran Lewis

Been to Comfort Inn Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!