“2 return visits” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Essington
Sussex, UK
“2 return visits”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

Re-visited hotel twice - eight days apart - during recent trip to USA, after previous experience in 2009. Hotel is a 5 storey block with two elevators and provides a shuttle van to/from PHL airport. Room 225 had king size bed and sofa. Amenities included air-con (also opening windows) TV, coffee maker, clock-radio, hair dryer and iron. Room 227 for second stay = very similar, although rate had gone up by $20. Both rooms were very clean, although a little worn in places. No discernable noise from nearby highways and airport. Slight 'Shake & Vac' smell to corridors. Very good breakfast: choice of 4 juices, 3 cereals + oatmeal, waffles and other hot items e.g. sausage patties, scrambled egg, bacon, etc. (varied daily) Selection of bread and pastries. Friendly staff at Reception, Breakfast and Shuttle driver.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Jerran L, General Manager at Comfort Inn Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2011
tourmanagerSussex_UK,
Thank you for taking the time out to post a review; you will be delighted to know that we are in the process of undergoing renovations at our property!! As you know our property is a bit older & our guests deserve a new fresh modern room to walk into!! We greatly anticipate your 3rd visit, & want you to know, that you will not be disappointed!
Jerran Lewis,
Comfort Inn Philadelphia Airport
(610)-521-9800

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Camdenton, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

Weather caused our flight to be cancelled and we needed a room. The room was clean but dated. It was spacious and the breakfast was very good. We utilized the shuttle several times and it was great. The front desk was very helpful in helping us figure out how to use the train system to go downtown. It was a good experience in a bad situation.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Orange, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

I would not stay here again. The room just looks old. Staff didn't seem to care that the ice machine on the first floor did not work. Had to go to the 3rd floor for ice. I really can't explain it but I just know I will not stay here again. These Choice Hotels should look at what the Hampton and Holiday Inns do for guests. And very limited TV stations. That might sound like much but why have 4 ESPN stations and no life time or food network for women. Not all guests are sports persons.

Room Tip: Go to Hampton
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Canton, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

staff friendly, shuttle convenient and prompt, breakfast good. problem: had a 4:30 AM wake-up call on aug.5,2011. turned lights on and had bedbugs on the pillow, blanket, and under mattress ( filled with blood ). management comped our room, but denied these were bedbugs. they were size, color and shape of bedbugs and filled with blood. he had no idea what they were. really?

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

We did the park and fly.When we entered the room I almost threw up from the smell. My kids were also saying eww what's that smell. I'm pretty good with knowing scents.I said to my husband I smell garlic. First of all the floor was damp and the air conditioner was running full speed. It was a strong smell of industrial cleaner and garlic mixed.My husband asked if they had just got done cleaning the floors and the lady at the front desk said yes. I thought oh well at least the room is clean until I found garlic cloves placed on the floor of the bed by the headboard and the towels in the bathroom that looked like someone stepped all over them. I got little sleep that night because all I could smell was garlic and it made me wander if someone was trying to keep the bedbugs away. The only reason we stayed there was for the park and fly and because I had a gift card , but I see there are alot more choices for this in the area that got better reviews.I'll be trying one of those next time.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Lancaster, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

I had an early flight out of Philadelphia International into Canada last Monday morning, so I decided to stay at the Comfort Inn Philadelphia Airport. I think I will do that more often. I arrived at about 8:30 PM on Sunday evening and was surprised to find the front desk fully staffed. The front desk staff was very courteous and check-in went smoothly. The room was pleasant and quite clean. One of the very nice things about the hotel is they begin breakfast at 5:30 AM to accomodate those going to the airport early. (Most Comfort Inns begin breakfast at 6:30 AM.) The rate was reasonable. Overall, I would recommend the hotel to anyone that has to go into or out of the Philadelphia International Airport.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

had to wait for 1hr for picking up at the airport. The room ac sound wake me up all nigh

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!