“Good location, good price, nice stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Taylor Avenue, Essington, PA 19029 (Formerly The Waterfront Inn Lago)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 20%!
Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Essington
Rochester, New York
“Good location, good price, nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We recently stayed at the HIE Philadelphia Airport. The location was great and so convenient to the highway and would also be great if you’re flying in/out of the area. The hotel sits on the Delaware River, with beautiful views of the river out the back of the hotel. The hotel seems recently remodeled, as everything seemed new and clean. Check-in was a breeze. However, the desk clerk did not seem to go out of her way to greet me or to acknowledge that I was an IHG Rewards Club member. Although she was pleasant, it seemed like she was preoccupied getting other rooms ready and such. Also, I did not receive a goodie bag upon check-in like I did when I stayed at a HIE in Hollywood, CA. **In that Hollywood HIE, I was given a VIP bag and actually treated as such!** But this front desk had warm chocolate chip cookies, which were a nice treat after a terrible drive in torrential downpour conditions.

Anyways, our room was on the 2nd floor and it was easy enough to get to via stairs or elevators. The room was big enough for our family and had nice comfy cozy beds and nice pillows. The A/C unit did a good job of cooling the room. The flat screen TV had a nice picture. Although there were AC power outlets at the desk, it was tough to find something near the bed itself (to plug your phone in right next to you). Those should be added. The bathroom was a decent size with good hot water flow and curved shower rod. We used the fitness center which had good equipment. There were a few cardio machines and a multi-use stacked weight machine. There is no fan in this room, but there was an A/C unit on the wall by the window. There is a flat screen TV to help you through the workout, as well as a water cooler.

The included hot breakfast buffet provided an excellent value for the stay as we had young kids with us. They could press the button on the pancake maker and a pancake would drop out of the other end – they loved that machine! There was also: hard boiled eggs, egg/cheese omelet, bacon, oatmeal cups with various toppings, cereal, grits, juices, coffee, and various breads for toasting, with jam/jelly spreads. The breakfast staff was very helpful, constantly refilling the food items and checking on the guests. The breakfast area was neat and clean with newer furniture.

I would stay here again if I needed to come back to the Philly area. The price was excellent, as was the location and amenities of the hotel. When we went, there was no charge for overnight parking (one night stay). I’m sure there are park/fly packages available.

Room Tip: Can't really hear the planes taking off from the airport. However, when you go outside, you have...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

In Philli for a couple of days and this was one of the few cheaper/available hotels I could find.

It is pleasant enough in quite a good location by the water. I was initially concerned about the closeness to the landing flight-path, but to be honest I did not hearth noise of the planes.

Anyway. To the title. On leaving the hotel very early in the morning to catch a flight, I got to the airport check-in line to realize that I had left my passport in the hotel room. Made a panic phone call to the hotel. Who quickly found my passport, rang me back to confirm they had it and then rushed it to me in time for my flight.

So a bit THANK-YOU for getting me out of a world of pain!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
S P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear StillNoRF,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay. I have informed my staff of your gratitude on locating your passport and returning it to you in an timely fashion. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

LAKisha Kelly
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I only stayed one night at this hotel but every need I had was met. As I had an early flight out of PHL, it's proximity to the airport was ideal. Upon arrival and departure I was greeted with a warm smile from the staff, which was a nice change from the hotel I stayed at earlier in the week. My third floor room had a view of the marina. I enjoyed relaxing that evening by watching the boats bob on the waves. The building itself is in need of some minor repairs (chipped paint, tub caulking etc.) but it is not "run down" by any means. If you're looking for a comfortable hotel near the PHL airport, the Holiday Inn Express is a winner!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We were greeted by Cory at the front desk as soon as we arrived. She was very friendly & accommodating. In fact, all of the staff we encountered were great. The room was very clean & set up extremely well. There was a discrepancy in our bill upon checkout, but when we mentioned it to the front desk clerk he immediately got the manager who apologized for the inconvenience and acted in a professional manner - taking care of the problem. Overall a wonderful experience. My only complaint - why I didn't give an excellent rating - the breakfast could use some work; the eggs were obviously powdered & tasted like it, and the breads were a bit stale.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

After forking over $11 for long term airport parking at PHL one two many times, I finally found that the Holiday Inn Express does long term parking for just $6.95 per night. The shuttle that goes to the airport leaves every half hour, and when I returned to Philly I just called them and they came to pick me up right away. Ken, the shuttle driver, was so nice - he even pointed out a baby deer grazing near the highway on our drive back to the hotel. Definitely made for a pleasant re-entry!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Check in was quick and everything looked great. They had the government rate and were close to the airport. The room was perfectly cleaned. Everything was dusted, nothing on the floors and beds were gleaming white. The room stayed quite all night and the channel selection was great. Worried about the winter weather, it was easy to find the weather channel and watch. The morning shower proved to be hot and relaxing as the variable shower head was a luxury. Free secure WIFI and outlets on the bottom of the lamp mad it easy to use laptop. The great stay was capped off with a great breakfast right at the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Atlantic City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I was flying out of Philadelphia International airport on January 5 so I decided to stay in a hotel near the airport the night before my flight. I choose the Airport Holiday Inn Express at Essington, PA after doing a research online of the Hotels near PHL. The reviews was the decisive factor in choosing this property. I checked in on January 4, 2014 after the Northeastern snow storm of January 2 and 3. I did not know how bad the road conditions were after the snow storm so I decided to leave my house early for my stay at the Hotel before my flight. I got to the Holiday Inn Express about 1pm. Two hours before the check in time of 3pm.Traveling from South Jersey, a great distance from the Holiday Inn express, I approached the front desk and asked the front desk agent if I could checked in early because I was tired from the travel. The agent informed me that there was no room available yet and none will be ready before the check in time of 3pm. I told her it was fine and that I would wait in the lobby until check in time and to please let me have the first available room since I had a reservation and a confirmation number. As I waited for my room I observed how other walk in came in after me and the agent gave them a room right away. I did not complain about tis and waited patiently for the check in time of 3pm. While I waited in the lobby I observed and heard how the agent sat in the breakfast dining area to gather with other co workers and proliferated foul language as they lounge in the dining area. I did not complain about this. At about 2:55pm I approached the front desk agent and proceeded to inform her that it was almost 3pm check in time and that I was still waiting. Her answer was that knew how to tell time. She made me wait for the next front desk agent to come on for me to get my room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Public acknowledgment

Dear yabucoaAtlanticCity,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. It is regrettable you received service that was less than satisfactory. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!