“Friendly staff and great views” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport

You added Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Taylor Avenue, Essington, PA 19029 (Formerly The Waterfront Inn Lago)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Essington
Denver, Colorado
“Friendly staff and great views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I only stayed one night at this hotel but every need I had was met. As I had an early flight out of PHL, it's proximity to the airport was ideal. Upon arrival and departure I was greeted with a warm smile from the staff, which was a nice change from the hotel I stayed at earlier in the week. My third floor room had a view of the marina. I enjoyed relaxing that evening by watching the boats bob on the waves. The building itself is in need of some minor repairs (chipped paint, tub caulking etc.) but it is not "run down" by any means. If you're looking for a comfortable hotel near the PHL airport, the Holiday Inn Express is a winner!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We were greeted by Cory at the front desk as soon as we arrived. She was very friendly & accommodating. In fact, all of the staff we encountered were great. The room was very clean & set up extremely well. There was a discrepancy in our bill upon checkout, but when we mentioned it to the front desk clerk he immediately got the manager who apologized for the inconvenience and acted in a professional manner - taking care of the problem. Overall a wonderful experience. My only complaint - why I didn't give an excellent rating - the breakfast could use some work; the eggs were obviously powdered & tasted like it, and the breads were a bit stale.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

After forking over $11 for long term airport parking at PHL one two many times, I finally found that the Holiday Inn Express does long term parking for just $6.95 per night. The shuttle that goes to the airport leaves every half hour, and when I returned to Philly I just called them and they came to pick me up right away. Ken, the shuttle driver, was so nice - he even pointed out a baby deer grazing near the highway on our drive back to the hotel. Definitely made for a pleasant re-entry!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Check in was quick and everything looked great. They had the government rate and were close to the airport. The room was perfectly cleaned. Everything was dusted, nothing on the floors and beds were gleaming white. The room stayed quite all night and the channel selection was great. Worried about the winter weather, it was easy to find the weather channel and watch. The morning shower proved to be hot and relaxing as the variable shower head was a luxury. Free secure WIFI and outlets on the bottom of the lamp mad it easy to use laptop. The great stay was capped off with a great breakfast right at the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Atlantic City
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I was flying out of Philadelphia International airport on January 5 so I decided to stay in a hotel near the airport the night before my flight. I choose the Airport Holiday Inn Express at Essington, PA after doing a research online of the Hotels near PHL. The reviews was the decisive factor in choosing this property. I checked in on January 4, 2014 after the Northeastern snow storm of January 2 and 3. I did not know how bad the road conditions were after the snow storm so I decided to leave my house early for my stay at the Hotel before my flight. I got to the Holiday Inn Express about 1pm. Two hours before the check in time of 3pm.Traveling from South Jersey, a great distance from the Holiday Inn express, I approached the front desk and asked the front desk agent if I could checked in early because I was tired from the travel. The agent informed me that there was no room available yet and none will be ready before the check in time of 3pm. I told her it was fine and that I would wait in the lobby until check in time and to please let me have the first available room since I had a reservation and a confirmation number. As I waited for my room I observed how other walk in came in after me and the agent gave them a room right away. I did not complain about tis and waited patiently for the check in time of 3pm. While I waited in the lobby I observed and heard how the agent sat in the breakfast dining area to gather with other co workers and proliferated foul language as they lounge in the dining area. I did not complain about this. At about 2:55pm I approached the front desk agent and proceeded to inform her that it was almost 3pm check in time and that I was still waiting. Her answer was that knew how to tell time. She made me wait for the next front desk agent to come on for me to get my room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Public acknowledgment

Dear yabucoaAtlanticCity,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. It is regrettable you received service that was less than satisfactory. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Greenville, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Lobby nice & lots of parking get past that and it all goes downhill. For Elite members you get a hot bottle of water and a hard granola bar, my room is Extremely unclean the office chair arm looks as though someone left some sexual aftermath on it & between the lounge chair & bed not sure if its dog poop or a chewed up long tootsie roll very limited outlets to charge phones & computer rooms outdated along with rest of hotel elevator looks to have been spray painted by 1st graders for an art project at least its not as bad as the Holiday Inn at Panama City Beach Florida

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear istrainer,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member and for leaving us a feedback. Please accept our sincerest apology for the over-all issues you had and any inconvenience you may have encountered that did not live up to your expectations. We have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I booked this hotel quickly last night due to a flight cancellation. The staff was so helpful, the shuttle was great (only 5 minutes away), and check in/check out was easy. The beds were SO comfortable and the toiletries were by Bath & Bodyworks so that was a nice touch. The room was very modern and clean. There is free wifi and breakfast in the morning including: eggs, pancakes, bagels, muffins, cereal, bacon, sausage & biscuits, etc. The milk ran out and once we mentioned it to the staff they ran right out and come back with 2 gallons within 5 minutes. Great attention to detail...happy we chose this hotel without knowing much about Philadelphia. I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!