There are times - sadly few and far between - where you stay at a hotel and are impressed in every regard - this was one of those times. The shuttle drivers are amazing - we had one each day and they were friendly, helpful and just awesome. We stayed on the 4th of July, and while some people may have been grumpy about having to work he was far from it. He asked us all about our trip and gave us some dinner suggestions even offering to drive us if we needed since the resturant next door was closed. The next day, we had a different man drive us back to the airport and again he was super friendly and helpful.
Check in was a breeze, and the person on was excellent. He was joking and laughing with us, and also provided some suggestions for dinner along with menus and his thoughts. Again, despite it being a holiday he was in an excellent mood and appeared devoted to making our stay the best possible even though it was just for a night.
The room was great - very large with a really comfortable bed. There was a fridge, microwave and great TV. We ended up ordering in, and the front desk recommendation was spot on. So many times I have ordered in a hotel and got horrible food, but this place was great.
The hotel seems a a bit worn in the hallways and outside, but truly that is such a small thing that doesn't impact your stay at all. The breakfast was great, the room was awesome and the staff were fantastic. This hotel is a gem and I will definitely stay here again when I am in the area. I have stayed at a large number of Holiday Inns and without a doubt this one has the best staff I have encountered.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport Hotel Essington
- Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay Smart at the Brand New Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport in Essington, PA. Our courtesy shuttle will take you to the only hotel on the Delaware River waterfront. Located adjacent to Governor Printz Park, our guests enjoy the scenic views of the river and marina. Explore the attractions, restaurants and entertainment of Downtown Philadelphia. Don’t miss the historic sites, including the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, National Constitution Center and Betsy Ross House. Also discover the Old City District, where you will experience the best shopping, dining and culture. If you’re a sports fan, the hotel is minutes from the Philadelphia Sports Complex. This site includes Lincoln Financial Field, Wells Fargo Center and Citizens Bank Park. The Philadelphia Union Soccer Stadium, PPL Park, is 3 miles away, near Harrah’s Casino and Racetrack. For our business clientele, we are located close to Boeing, UPS, Sunoco, Philadelphia Navy Yard, and the airlines serving the Philadelphia International Airport. After a long day, enjoy the waterfront scenery, or keep up with your workout routine in our fitness room. Jump start your day with our Express Start breakfast, serving your favorite hot breakfast selections and hot cinnamon rolls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.