“A brief, but impressive, stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Taylor Avenue, Essington, PA 19029 (Formerly The Waterfront Inn Lago)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Essington
Columbus, Ohio, United States
“A brief, but impressive, stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My friend and I stayed for one night - we flew in to see the Rolling Stones concert - and everyone at the hotel was friendly and helpful. Kudos to Dave, our shuttle driver, who helped us figure out the train and subway connections. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
W B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thanks for posting your review on TripAdvisor. On behalf of the entire staff I want to thank you for your kind words. I see where you mentioned Dave, one of our van drivers. Well, just yesterday Dave won our May "Employee of the Month Award"! Hope the Stones concert was a great night for you & your friend. Take care and thank you again.

102 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Hartford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I strongly recommend you stay here if you have an early morning flight. Free shuttle and free parking (Penns Landing HI Express costs $25 per night to park). The staff is friendly and very helpful. The hotel is located on the water and next to a decent restaurant, the Deck. All the usual HI Express amenities and Philadelphia hospitality to boot! This is my new choice for a hotel when visiting Philadelphia.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
On behalf of everyone here at the hotel we want to THANK YOU for posting on TripAdvisor! We were especially happy to here that our hotel is your new choice for a hotel when visiting Philadelphia. That comment says alot and we greatly appreciate it. Hope to see you soon!
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

The staff of this Holiday Inn Express made what would have been a difficult week for me, a "Wonderful Week"

My first contact started with Ray, one of the shuttle drivers. He was most helpful and very knowledgeable of local history, which was something I enjoy very much.

My second contact was with the one and only, Tarshia. She is a great asset to your team. I ran into a problem with my credit card but with Tarshia help, the problem was SOON taken care of and I was relaxing in my room.

My third contact, which was not made until early the next morning, was Judy, who does a excellent job of feeding the many. Judy was a joy and helped get my day off to a great start each morning. I also learned of her many years with this Inn and some of the famous people she has helped through the years. If you stay here someday, be sure to ask her about the famous.

I must stop but before I do, here are some others who made my week wonderful, Ed, David, and all the team who I didn't meet but I saw the results of their work everyday when I returned to the Inn.

Its not unusual to encounter problems as we go through life BUT with people as these at the Essington HIE, you too can have a WONDERFUL WEEK!!!!

Room Tip: Please ask for rooms with a refigerator and microwave, not a rooms come with these.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
W B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Wow...what a memory you have regarding names of the employee's you encountered during your stay at our hotel. I posted your review thru out the hotel so the employee's could read all your wonderful comments regarding your stay, it made them feel very proud. I behalf of everyone here we want to say Thank YOU!
poconos
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We needed a overnight stay to catch an early morning flight from Philadelphia to LA. and also on the return trip since it was a late flight back. Parking was FREE and they also have a free shuttle back and forth to the airport and the driver was very nice and helpful. The room was very modern and clean, a light grab and go breakfast was also included.

Where I was impressed was how this staff was so helpful. My mother had left her prized possession, her iPad behind in the room and the staff made sure that they obtained it and held it for us at the front desk until our return flight. This is not usually the case with larger hotel chains like the Westin In Virginia Beach. A few years ago I personally left an item behind and after many months of phone calls and letters they never even apologized or even returned my phone calls. So always read your reviews!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for posting your review. On behalf of the entire staff I want to thank you for your kind comments and I was glad to hear we were able to secure your mother's I-Pad. We look forward to being of service to you in the future and the many guests your review will send our way.
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I arrived late due to a delayed flight and bad weather. The staff immediately discounted my room rate and apologized for not having a shuttle available to pick me up from the airport. They were knowledgable about the area and about things to do and see while in Philadelphia.
I commuted daily by taxi to downtown Philadelphia each day. The room rates were reasonable enough that it was cheaper to do this than stay at a hotel in downtown Philly.

The room was clean and quiet and the bed was very comfortable. The elevator in the hotel was a bit sluggish.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
W B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for posting on TripAdvisor. I along with my staff take guests comments very seriously as it shows us where we can improve the guest experience. I am delighted to see where you state "Super Staff"! Those two words are greatly appreciated by all who work here!
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on June 1 and 2 this year with my son. It was agreat experience and I would definitely stay again. The atmosphere was quiet, the hotel was clean and the breakfast was exactly as advertised.

Room Tip: Great spot near the river to be near PHL
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
W B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
On behalf of the entire staff we want to thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. Hopefully your comments will have a positive impact when guests are seeking accommodations in our area and do to your kind words they will stay with us and experience the positive kind of stay you did. Perhaps we will be able to see you again!
Baldwin, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Spent a Saturday overnight stay with my son while attending a baseball tournament in Philadelphia. An older facility in which the rooms have been recently upgraded/remodeled when ownership acquired the HIE franchise, the property exterior and general public interior common areas have a well-worn feel . Approximately .5 mile and convenient access from I-95, the room was clean, though a bit small. The drapes & carpet were relatively new and included in the room were a HDTV, a small refrigerator, desk, iron/ironing board and coffee maker. The bathroom & bed linens were fresh & clean. The a/c unit properly worked. Free morning breakfast with standard fare---scrambled eggs, pancakes, sausage & pastries. Directly on the Delaware River & situated next door to a restaurant & nightclub, with at least three other restaurants within a half-mile drive. The surrounding neighborhood and next door marina have seen better days. Approximately 1.5 miles south of Philadelphia International Airport, the facility operates a 24 hour shuttle. A perfect location if flying from PHL. No airport noise; the room was very quiet & the beds were quite comfortable. Very reasonably priced & a good value for the money. In comparison to nicer HIE in which I stayed, the property is serviceable & fits the bill.

Room Tip: Request a room on the 4th floor for a partial view of the Delaware River.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
On behalf of the entire staff here at the hotel a BIG THANK YOU goes out to you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor and the insightful comments you made. Hope to see you in the future!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!