“Wonderful Week” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 Taylor Avenue, Essington, PA 19029 (Formerly The Waterfront Inn Lago)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 20%!
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Essington
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“Wonderful Week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

The staff of this Holiday Inn Express made what would have been a difficult week for me, a "Wonderful Week"

My first contact started with Ray, one of the shuttle drivers. He was most helpful and very knowledgeable of local history, which was something I enjoy very much.

My second contact was with the one and only, Tarshia. She is a great asset to your team. I ran into a problem with my credit card but with Tarshia help, the problem was SOON taken care of and I was relaxing in my room.

My third contact, which was not made until early the next morning, was Judy, who does a excellent job of feeding the many. Judy was a joy and helped get my day off to a great start each morning. I also learned of her many years with this Inn and some of the famous people she has helped through the years. If you stay here someday, be sure to ask her about the famous.

I must stop but before I do, here are some others who made my week wonderful, Ed, David, and all the team who I didn't meet but I saw the results of their work everyday when I returned to the Inn.

Its not unusual to encounter problems as we go through life BUT with people as these at the Essington HIE, you too can have a WONDERFUL WEEK!!!!

Room Tip: Please ask for rooms with a refigerator and microwave, not a rooms come with these.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
W B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Wow...what a memory you have regarding names of the employee's you encountered during your stay at our hotel. I posted your review thru out the hotel so the employee's could read all your wonderful comments regarding your stay, it made them feel very proud. I behalf of everyone here we want to say Thank YOU!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
poconos
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We needed a overnight stay to catch an early morning flight from Philadelphia to LA. and also on the return trip since it was a late flight back. Parking was FREE and they also have a free shuttle back and forth to the airport and the driver was very nice and helpful. The room was very modern and clean, a light grab and go breakfast was also included.

Where I was impressed was how this staff was so helpful. My mother had left her prized possession, her iPad behind in the room and the staff made sure that they obtained it and held it for us at the front desk until our return flight. This is not usually the case with larger hotel chains like the Westin In Virginia Beach. A few years ago I personally left an item behind and after many months of phone calls and letters they never even apologized or even returned my phone calls. So always read your reviews!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for posting your review. On behalf of the entire staff I want to thank you for your kind comments and I was glad to hear we were able to secure your mother's I-Pad. We look forward to being of service to you in the future and the many guests your review will send our way.
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I arrived late due to a delayed flight and bad weather. The staff immediately discounted my room rate and apologized for not having a shuttle available to pick me up from the airport. They were knowledgable about the area and about things to do and see while in Philadelphia.
I commuted daily by taxi to downtown Philadelphia each day. The room rates were reasonable enough that it was cheaper to do this than stay at a hotel in downtown Philly.

The room was clean and quiet and the bed was very comfortable. The elevator in the hotel was a bit sluggish.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
W B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for posting on TripAdvisor. I along with my staff take guests comments very seriously as it shows us where we can improve the guest experience. I am delighted to see where you state "Super Staff"! Those two words are greatly appreciated by all who work here!
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on June 1 and 2 this year with my son. It was agreat experience and I would definitely stay again. The atmosphere was quiet, the hotel was clean and the breakfast was exactly as advertised.

Room Tip: Great spot near the river to be near PHL
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
W B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
On behalf of the entire staff we want to thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. Hopefully your comments will have a positive impact when guests are seeking accommodations in our area and do to your kind words they will stay with us and experience the positive kind of stay you did. Perhaps we will be able to see you again!
Baldwin, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Spent a Saturday overnight stay with my son while attending a baseball tournament in Philadelphia. An older facility in which the rooms have been recently upgraded/remodeled when ownership acquired the HIE franchise, the property exterior and general public interior common areas have a well-worn feel . Approximately .5 mile and convenient access from I-95, the room was clean, though a bit small. The drapes & carpet were relatively new and included in the room were a HDTV, a small refrigerator, desk, iron/ironing board and coffee maker. The bathroom & bed linens were fresh & clean. The a/c unit properly worked. Free morning breakfast with standard fare---scrambled eggs, pancakes, sausage & pastries. Directly on the Delaware River & situated next door to a restaurant & nightclub, with at least three other restaurants within a half-mile drive. The surrounding neighborhood and next door marina have seen better days. Approximately 1.5 miles south of Philadelphia International Airport, the facility operates a 24 hour shuttle. A perfect location if flying from PHL. No airport noise; the room was very quiet & the beds were quite comfortable. Very reasonably priced & a good value for the money. In comparison to nicer HIE in which I stayed, the property is serviceable & fits the bill.

Room Tip: Request a room on the 4th floor for a partial view of the Delaware River.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
On behalf of the entire staff here at the hotel a BIG THANK YOU goes out to you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor and the insightful comments you made. Hope to see you in the future!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Perfect location if your goal (as was ours) to spend a night near the airport. They have complimentary 24 hour shuttle service to and from the terminals which are only 10 minutes away. Nice size rooms, fluffy beds and cold blowing a/c! An "extra" at this location is a great view of the Delaware River from the room. The interior of the property is pretty standard fare for the Holiday Inn chain and while I haven't had the breakfast here (yet) I suspect it will also be pretty standard. If it happens to turn out to be something remarkably different or impressive, I'll update the review at a later date.

Room Tip: When choosing this hotel, make sure you wish to stay near the airport and not in the middle of histo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
W B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thanks for posting your comments on TripAdvisor in regard to our hotel! I am sure that your comments will assist future travelers' who require nice accommodations when needing an airport location to choose our hotel. Thanks again and I hope we can be of service in the future to you.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I travel on businesses on a regular basis weeks at a time. I have made the Holiday Inn Express in Essington a regular stay for several reasons:
 everyone at this hotel provides superior service
 I am treated like family
 Each associate goes above and beyond to accommodate and make my stay as pleasant as possible.
I have to comment on Tarshia. Tarshia went above and beyond. She noticed an unusual charge to my account, not the normal charge from my previous stays. Upon questioning me, it was determined to be an error in billing which potentially could have cost me undue charges I was unaware of. She immediately corrected the error. It is nice to know I have someone looking out for me. Now that is superior service!
Shanna also adds a delightful smile and she always asks what I need. Super!
I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
W B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
On behalf of the entire staff I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay here at our hotel.

In addition it was very nice of you to highlight two of our emplyee's for outstanding service.

I have an update on the two employee's you mentioned. Tarshia was recently voted by all staff members as our Employee of the Month and Shanna was recently promoted to the Assistant General Manager's position.

We look forward to being your "Home Away From Home" in the near future.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!