“Rude!” 1 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Philadelphia Airport - Essington
Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Philadelphia Airport - Essington to your Saves list
Motel 6 Philadelphia Airport - Essington
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   43 Industrial Highway, I-95, Exit #9A, Essington, PA 19029   |
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Essington
Vestal, New York
“Rude!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

We had employees staying the entire week here who ended up needing an extra night. After checking with the front desk, they assured them they had their rooms for the night needed. When our crew came back to the hotel after a long day of work all of their belongings where packed from the room and left in the hall. After speaking to front they told them they booked their rooms and now are at capacity. Not only did we have to find another hotel short notice but our employees were also missing personal items from their bags. Terrible customer service!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

We just left our room after getting our money back from the location near phl airport and went across the street to red roof Inn. Ended up paying about the same price as motel 6.If I would've compared prices I had never went to motel 6. When you come in the room stinks, the carpet, bedding is dirty.The bathroom is disgusting but what made me go to the office to get my money back? I grabbed the ice bucket to get ice and not only it was dirty but it had pee on it!!!!! Yes! And smelled like pee,even the desk attendant smelled it and agreed,there was pee around the toilet floor, the tub was stained. Overall, worst experience ever. Went to the red roof and as soon as you open the door you can tell the difference, smells good,look clean and great. Pay 4 dol xtra which is the difference in prices between both and avoid getting infected by something at motel 6

• Stayed March 2014
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Motel 6 needs to check up on this franchised location and either pull their franchise or demand improvement. There were roaches in the bathroom, and my daughter found one on her bed upon waking up. (Room 501.) The sheets were stained and dirty. The room was in general disrepair and well worn, but that wouldn't have bothered me (it is, after all, a budget motel) if at least it was clean. More troubling was the property's apathetic attitude toward this condition. The clerk seemed indifferent and not particularly surprised when I mentioned the roaches at checkout. I subsequently submitted feedback to the corporate website. It apparently goes both the property and the headquarters. To their credit, Corporate called me and expressed what appeared to be genuine interest in my complaint. However on the motel end, I got only a form-letter email from the "manager", with my name copied-and-pasted into it in CAPS, apologizing generically for the unspecified "dissatisfaction." When I replied that I would like a personal response to my complaint, not just a form letter, I received no reply at all. This leaves me with the impression that the property management is completely apathetic toward the filthiness of their rooms and is unlikely to change anything unless Corporate comes in and makes them. Hopefully Corporate will indeed do so - they led me to believe they would follow up - but until/unless that happens, I would avoid this property.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

If you're looking for reality-show drama, the likes of which is usually only seen on shows like Cops or The Springer Show, look no further! On an average night, prostitution, drug deals, and white- trash couples arguing the night away are the usual fare. However, if you're lucky, on some mornings you'll be awakened, like my boyfriend and I were this morning, to the door of a neighboring room being kicked in due to someone having killed himself after bolting the door to prevent easy entry! What a treat! I'd never seen a dead body before, so my stay was skanky AND educational! Thanks Motel 6! P.S.-If you stay at the "Philadelphia Airport Motel 6," don't let them put you in room 622 if you would prefer not to sleep in a room where some guy killed himself.

• Stayed February 2014
Porto, Portugal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I have had to sleep at Motel 6 because of a snow storm that cancelled my next flight.
The room I was given was very cold and mostly there were dirty blankets / pillowcases scattered around the room.
I went back to reception and they got me a better room nearby the reception which was at least cleaner.
disappointing...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

I use TA often but in a last minute situation I needed a hotel. Motel 6 was cheap and nearby the airport. This was a terrible choice.

When I opened the door there was a foul odor immediately. The floor and carpeting are musty and dirty. The bathroom had shades of stains as well as the carpet. I kept my socks on at all times. The sheets look used and unwashed. The walls are thin and the whole hotel looks run down. The front desk clerk was brisk and unwelcoming.

I have to think I twice every again to use Motel 6.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Brussels, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

My friend and I booked this hotel for the last night of a two week-tour. The location was close to the airport and we had good experiences with Motel 6, so we did not hesitate to take this motel. This hotel however was very dirty: I found a used tissue under my pillow and hair in my bed, which means that my bed had not been cleaned properly. The next day, my friend woke up full of bites on her body, so there must have been an insect in her bed. The carpet was also very dirty, full of dust and spots.
Luckily, the service was understanding and gave us our money back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Motel 6 Philadelphia Airport - Essington? Share your experiences!