“very disapointing and not clean” 2 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Philadelphia Airport - Essington
Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Philadelphia Airport - Essington to your Saves list
Motel 6 Philadelphia Airport - Essington
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   43 Industrial Highway, I-95, Exit #9A, Essington, PA 19029   |
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Essington
Porto, Portugal
“very disapointing and not clean”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I have had to sleep at Motel 6 because of a snow storm that cancelled my next flight.
The room I was given was very cold and mostly there were dirty blankets / pillowcases scattered around the room.
I went back to reception and they got me a better room nearby the reception which was at least cleaner.
disappointing...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

I use TA often but in a last minute situation I needed a hotel. Motel 6 was cheap and nearby the airport. This was a terrible choice.

When I opened the door there was a foul odor immediately. The floor and carpeting are musty and dirty. The bathroom had shades of stains as well as the carpet. I kept my socks on at all times. The sheets look used and unwashed. The walls are thin and the whole hotel looks run down. The front desk clerk was brisk and unwelcoming.

I have to think I twice every again to use Motel 6.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Brussels, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

My friend and I booked this hotel for the last night of a two week-tour. The location was close to the airport and we had good experiences with Motel 6, so we did not hesitate to take this motel. This hotel however was very dirty: I found a used tissue under my pillow and hair in my bed, which means that my bed had not been cleaned properly. The next day, my friend woke up full of bites on her body, so there must have been an insect in her bed. The carpet was also very dirty, full of dust and spots.
Luckily, the service was understanding and gave us our money back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Greeley, Colorado, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Carpet hadnt been vacuumed in god knows how long so I wore my socks - those were black with filth and I threw them away before leaving instead of bringing them home to wash. Bathroom was disgusting - obviously hadn't been mopped in ages. Holes in the sides of the mattresses. Only one set of towels was in the room (for a 3 person reservation). Desk didn't care but we went to get more, then decided against showering because the tub and bathroom floor/walls were so dirty. Absolutely nasty. I seriously considered sleeping in the backseat of the rental car, but there was so much parking lot mahem that I didn't. Avoid at all costs!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Barely at the limits of clean. Bugs in the room. Internet didn't work. Near the airport which is its major virtue but there are several other chains tells next door which are possibly better. I would suggest hotels north of PHL in the Horsham area or head further south to Delaware.

• Stayed June 2013
Boston, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This nearly tops my experience at the Rodeway Inn in Anchorage: my non-smoking reservation not honored, no soap, 2 small towels, carpet filthy, TV didn't work, no clock/radio, clogged sink drain, weak flowing faucet, no pen/paper in room, loud hwy noise, litter all over grounds and indifferent front desk check-in. Made this reservation at last minute without checking this site, as I usually do. Had 1 prior satisfactory experience with Motel 6 (Jackson, WY) so I thought I was booking a clean, quiet room.

Room Tip: Spend the extra $20 for a decent room. I've learned by lesson.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Secane, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I cannot tell you enough how horrible this motel is!!! You will be living in a third-rate dump and sharing it with the scum of the great Filthadelphia area!! I need not explain this any further. The curtains have holes and would be see-through if they had not so kindly put TAPES on the holes...oh yeah baby!! The comforters were torn, the TV was as good as nothing!!! And of course, this structure is SO OLD you can hear conversations from the adjoining rooms CRYTAL CLEAR!! And of course, you can traffic on I-95 all the time - and it will keep you awake!!

Room Tip: stay away steer clear unless you are very poor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Philadelphia Airport - Essington? Share your experiences!