“Front Desk Charm” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Essington
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Front Desk Charm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Arriving a day early to PHL, I didn't have a hotel booked. We did a last minute booking threw hotels tonight and booked here. Our flight was early and my 13yr old and I were tired. Knowing most rooms aren't ready till mid afternoon, Tonya at the front desk was able to get us in a room. Great customer service is hard to come by theses days and I was blessed to have Tonya working today. Thank you Tonya for going the extra mile. I would stay at another Wyndham after this experience .

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
chris b, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel - Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Just wanted to say THANK YOU for your nice comments regarding your recent stay here at the Wyndham Garden Hotel. It is having the opportunity to provide superior guest services to our wonderful Wyndham Family members, such as yourself, that makes what our staff members do each day so very rewarding. It is our goal to provide each of our guests with Wyndham WOW service each and every time you stay with us. In today's competitive hotel market, it is important to us that each of our guests feel our great level of guest appreciation and our thanks for choosing Wyndham Garden Hotel as your destination hotel.
Thank you again, and we look forward to being able to welcome you back to your home away from home very soon.
Mike Riccio
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Kissimmee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Close to airport and free shuttle available 24/7 which was a nice service. Found the room, clean , well appointed. Bathroom large and very clean. Nice fluffy towels. Coffee maker with tea and coffee provided as well as bottled water. Refrigerator and safe in room. Microwave available in vending area which is not always found in hotels unless they are long stay facilities. I do not consider a place near the airport as a long stay facility. Nice pool area and small exercise room. Denny's restaurant adjacent to hotel. I did not pick this hotel for my stay but I would not hesitate to book a room here on another visit to the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Mike Riccio
Front Office Manager
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

for one, i had to wait literally all day for a room even though i had a reservation!! i had taken the redeye in and i realize that checkout for the hotel was 11a…it certainly doesn't take hours to clean one room. when i couldn't wait any longer as i had been up since the day before, i called the hotel (around 1p) the phone rang and rang. i then called and hit the option for airport pickup..again it rang and rang. when i finally after 44 minutes got through, she put me on hold and never came back on the line. when someone did show up, i along with some other customers were asked by the van driver if we had waited long??? i finally got a room around 4p. my key did not work and i made the maid let me in…i was too tired to go back downstairs and knew there would be a huge line!! the wifi did not work, and i called downstairs to be told and treated like i was stupid on how to log on!!
my wake up was 4:14 and at 3:40 or so am!! my bill was slid under my door but not before someone rapped on the door with what sounded like a bunch of rings on. really?? there was no need to rap on the door. i thought in my heavy state of sleeping that someone was trying to get in my room!!!!!!
the customer service was very very poor !! i told them they needed to check their phones…the clerk walks away from me and goes into the back. this was during her checking me in. i didn't mean right then…..i just meant soon!! the other family checking in beside me were venting as well and got no response as well!
the room was fine and thankfully the a/c worked!!
i travel for a living but this was some of the worst customer service i have seen in awhile and they went round and round once you did get someone on the phone. i was also thankful i didn't need to go out and eat as there was nothing!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Joplin, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I travel a lot and I can forgive a lot. This two days have really been a trial. Here's the list. Bad check in. Awful restaurant. Phone didn't work in the room. Parking was a mile from elevators. Located conveniently between the ghetto and an industrial park. No place to eat or shop. The room itself was fine.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Donald,
We sincerely apologize for the issue you had with the QWIFI during your last visit at our hotel. We are happy your previous stays with us were enjoyable, but we want every guest experience to be above average with superior guest services. While we had been experiencing periodic issues with our WIFI, those issues have been resolved by the addition of several new and powerful modems. In addition to that we have one of the largest bandwidths available iof any hotel property.
We would certainly welcome an opportunity to provide you with Wyndham WOW on your next visit.
Again, we do apologize and look forward to our next opportunity to have you with our Wyndham Family.

Been to Wyndham Garden Hotel - Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!