“First timer and may be a repeater” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Essington
USA
“First timer and may be a repeater”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

One of my friends actually referred me to this hotel. I never used a park and fly serve before. This one is really nice. The king size bed was wonderful. Lots of room space and outlets for plugs charging everything prior to our trip. A couple of things may need to be adjusted. They may want to fix is the shower rod. It was not even and it kept rolling to the middle. And there are at least 4 channels dedicated to ESPN. I saw more sports channels then regular channels. And there weren't even many Philly channels and I was in Philly.

When we arrived back from out trip, we called the hotel for pick up. I was uncertain as to what information I was to provide but the hotel let me know. We waited about 15-20 minutes for a pick up. Not bad. My car was where I parked it and in the same condition I left it. I would try this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
EdPuodziunas, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel - Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thanks for the feedback. Our goal is to make you into a "repeater". I do appreciate the information as it relates to the shower rod and TV Channels. Our maintenance staff is reviewing them in all rooms to ensure they are tight. On our TV we have recently added the Philly visitor Channel to give guests a good preview of the city and surrounding area. We will also check the channel guide to ensure that the listings of the local Philadelphia channels are well marked. Thanks again for choosing to stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I was very disappointed in my experience with the Wyndam Garden Hotel. I booked my room through a site called "Flysleepfly.com. I reason I chose to sleep near the airport was that we had a very early flight and I was dealing with a broken leg in a cast. When we arrived I found out they did not have enough room on the "ONE" shuttle available so we had to wake and catch a 4:30 am to go sit in the airport for 2 additional hours. I also asked for a handicap accessible room of which they did not provide for us. I could not shower because of how slippery the tub was without a grab bar. I also came to find out that they overnight all the airline personnel and with only one shuttle there was never a chance of our getting to the airport at the time we wanted. When we were checking in the night of February 21st, 2013 there were about 40 guests and only 2 front desk staff at 10:30 pm in the evening. Crowded and difficult to manuver a wheel chair in the lobby.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

I greatly apologize for your recent experience with us as you try to use our Park Before You Fly Package. Our goal is to provide all of our guests the appropriate accomodations at the point of check in and during the check out to go to the airport. With several flight cancellations and delays the number of distressed guests increase a significant amount filling all of our shuttles quickly. In the future we hope to eliminate the delays by providing additional shuttles and runs to the airport. Thank you again for staying with us.
Charlotte
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Older hotel. Renovations being done in restaurant. Bed was very comfortable and room was very quiet. Public areas could be cleaner and better kept.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

EdPuodziunas, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Hotel - Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Jeanine - Thanks for taking the time for your comments. We are glad to hear that the bed was comfortable for you. I have shared your feedback regarding the public areas with our housekeeping department to address. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Been to Wyndham Garden Hotel - Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!