“Very clean, smoke-free, recently renovated” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Erie
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7865 Perry Highway, Erie, PA 16509   |
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Erie
Ithaca, New York
“Very clean, smoke-free, recently renovated”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We spent the night here during a road trip. The hotel was recently renovated, very clean, and comfortable. All rooms are smoke-free which we appreciate. We also liked the on-the-go "breakfast" bag consisting of bottled water, an apple, and a muffin to go with the coffee served in the front lobby. Great quality for a low-frills price.

The clerk at the front desk was very helpful to provide a list of nearby restaurants. The choices within walking distance and a 1-2 minute drive are not great.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your most recent road trip! I am glad that your room with us was so comfortable and clean! We are indeed a smoke free as well as pet friendly property. My team and I appreciate your comments on the friendliness of our staff and hope that should your travels return you to our area that we can once again provide such an excellent stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

GREAT place to stay very clean . Would stay here cause its very sanitary. VERY nice place and staff. BUT bring a trash bag cause there trash cans are very small.NICE location close to gambling casinos.

Room Tip: south side are quiter
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful words about the cleanliness of our hotel! My team and I focus greatly on the friendliness and cleanliness. I am glad to see our focus is paying off! On your next trip to the casino I hope that you will stay with us again as we would love to have you!
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This location has been a sight for my sore eyes on several occasions after a long day of driving. The location is perfect, literally right off the interstate. Extremely friendly staff always there to greet you and the rooms are always clean.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Red Roof Inn Erie on so many of your stays! I am so honored that my team and I were able to provide you with such a pleasant experience as to keep you returning to our inn! I hope that we can continue to provide excellent service and we hope to see you again soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Perfect stop off the highway. Room was clean and we both slept well. Suggest you request a room on the opposite side of the highway to not hear nearby cars. There's a long ride ahead of us and we both feel rested. We would definitely stay here again

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for some much needed rest on your long road trip. My team and I are grateful that we could provide you with a clean room and a sound night's sleep. Should your travels ever bring you through Erie again, I hope you will once again stay at the Red Roof Inn.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Four of us stayed at the Red Roof Inn for one night over July 4th weekend. The rate was higher than usual since many nearby hotels were booked which was disappointing. It is just off I-90 which was great. The front desk clerk gave an expansive list of nearby restaurants for dinner options. The hotel is a 20 minute drive from Presque Isle State Park. The hotel doesn't have an elevator, but is only two floors. The first floor was like a motel, the second floor was more of a hotel feel, with the inside hallway as access to the rooms. The walls were very thin and we heard a lot of noise throughout the evening and night. The rooms have hardwood which probably adds to the noise. The beds were quite comfortable and it was nice to have a selection of pillows. The room was clean, except for a questionable and very obvious stain on one of the coverlets (not sure how housekeeping missed that). The bathroom was a little small, but functional; the fan made strange sounds, but the shower head was great and it was clean. We'd stay again in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing to stay with us over the holiday weekend! I hope we were able to provide a little respite during what is normally an event-packed time. My team and I appreciate that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would consider staying with us again. Our bedding in our rooms are new and I am glad that you had a pleasant night's stay. I hope that the next time you are in town we are able to provide you with another great stay and hopefully it won't be on an event weekend so you can enjoy it even more.
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We spent a couple of days here because it was so cheap. We asked for a room opposite of the highway as per some of the reviews we read. Our stay turned out to be a good one. All we had intended was needing a place to sleep and that is what we did. We only used it to sleep. There are no amenities here as that is how the price stays so low. We had 4 of us in a room, and was tight but manageable. It was close to everything we did. It also had free wifi, although you have to constantly sign back in. The bag breakfast was decent as well. Big muffin, apple, and a water bottle. I would definitely come back to this place if all you are looking for is a place to sleep. If you are looking for amenities, this is not your place. I do stay in hotels quite a bit, and this one was all right.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us while you were in town! I am glad to hear that your room was clean and able to provide everything that you need for your stay at an affordable price. I hope our local map was of some use to you in your travels as we had the especially made to help visitors to Erie get around town and also showcase a few of the advantages we have to offer. I hope that should you decide to visit our lovely town again that you will consider staying with us again!
Owego, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Much nicer than I expected for the reasonable rate. I would definitely stay here again. We stayed on the side away from the highway and it was very quiet in the room. Although it was a really hot day, the air conditioning worked great and the room was already nice and cool when we arrived. I really liked the wood-look flooring rather than run of the mill carpeting. Bathroom was small but in excellent shape and very clean. Great to have a little fridge and microwave too. I liked the breakfast bag rather than traditional continental breakfast. Sara Lee blueberry muffin, bottle of water and an apple. Perfect for me.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your compliments to our rooms and their condition! We work very hard in conjunction with our housekeeping and maintenance and try to keep all of our rooms operating at a hundred percent. I am so happy to hear that the rooms were to your liking and that you would consider a return visit with us. If you are ever in town again, I hope that we can continue to provide you with excellent experiences!

Been to Red Roof Inn Erie? Share your experiences!