“Good Stay” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7865 Perry Highway, Erie, PA 16509   |
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Erie
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Perfect stop off the highway. Room was clean and we both slept well. Suggest you request a room on the opposite side of the highway to not hear nearby cars. There's a long ride ahead of us and we both feel rested. We would definitely stay here again

Stayed July 2014
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for some much needed rest on your long road trip. My team and I are grateful that we could provide you with a clean room and a sound night's sleep. Should your travels ever bring you through Erie again, I hope you will once again stay at the Red Roof Inn.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Four of us stayed at the Red Roof Inn for one night over July 4th weekend. The rate was higher than usual since many nearby hotels were booked which was disappointing. It is just off I-90 which was great. The front desk clerk gave an expansive list of nearby restaurants for dinner options. The hotel is a 20 minute drive from Presque Isle State Park. The hotel doesn't have an elevator, but is only two floors. The first floor was like a motel, the second floor was more of a hotel feel, with the inside hallway as access to the rooms. The walls were very thin and we heard a lot of noise throughout the evening and night. The rooms have hardwood which probably adds to the noise. The beds were quite comfortable and it was nice to have a selection of pillows. The room was clean, except for a questionable and very obvious stain on one of the coverlets (not sure how housekeeping missed that). The bathroom was a little small, but functional; the fan made strange sounds, but the shower head was great and it was clean. We'd stay again in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing to stay with us over the holiday weekend! I hope we were able to provide a little respite during what is normally an event-packed time. My team and I appreciate that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would consider staying with us again. Our bedding in our rooms are new and I am glad that you had a pleasant night's stay. I hope that the next time you are in town we are able to provide you with another great stay and hopefully it won't be on an event weekend so you can enjoy it even more.
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We spent a couple of days here because it was so cheap. We asked for a room opposite of the highway as per some of the reviews we read. Our stay turned out to be a good one. All we had intended was needing a place to sleep and that is what we did. We only used it to sleep. There are no amenities here as that is how the price stays so low. We had 4 of us in a room, and was tight but manageable. It was close to everything we did. It also had free wifi, although you have to constantly sign back in. The bag breakfast was decent as well. Big muffin, apple, and a water bottle. I would definitely come back to this place if all you are looking for is a place to sleep. If you are looking for amenities, this is not your place. I do stay in hotels quite a bit, and this one was all right.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us while you were in town! I am glad to hear that your room was clean and able to provide everything that you need for your stay at an affordable price. I hope our local map was of some use to you in your travels as we had the especially made to help visitors to Erie get around town and also showcase a few of the advantages we have to offer. I hope that should you decide to visit our lovely town again that you will consider staying with us again!
Owego, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Much nicer than I expected for the reasonable rate. I would definitely stay here again. We stayed on the side away from the highway and it was very quiet in the room. Although it was a really hot day, the air conditioning worked great and the room was already nice and cool when we arrived. I really liked the wood-look flooring rather than run of the mill carpeting. Bathroom was small but in excellent shape and very clean. Great to have a little fridge and microwave too. I liked the breakfast bag rather than traditional continental breakfast. Sara Lee blueberry muffin, bottle of water and an apple. Perfect for me.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your compliments to our rooms and their condition! We work very hard in conjunction with our housekeeping and maintenance and try to keep all of our rooms operating at a hundred percent. I am so happy to hear that the rooms were to your liking and that you would consider a return visit with us. If you are ever in town again, I hope that we can continue to provide you with excellent experiences!
Creighton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The room was very clean and served its purpose very well. The only problem we had was that the water from the spigot was not good. Its smelled like the local pool. Was not good enough to make coffee or to drink in my opinion. Smelled like chlorine and chemicals.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, but I would like to apologize for the sink in your room not being flushed properly after it was cleaned. If there is ever a reoccurrence please contact my front desk so we may remedy the situation. Also we do provide fresh coffee and tea in our lobby twenty four hours a day in case our guests would ever request them.
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

For the money, this is a decent place. The bathrooms are pretty nice and beds are comfy. I also loved the AC in the room. However, there were a few main problems. First, the internet was extremely slow at times. It was almost useless. Also, you can hear a lot through the walls. I was woke up twice early in the morning by the housekeeping vacuuming in the room next to us. It sounded like they were in our room. Our toilet also ended up messing up however, they fixed it. The location and breakfast bag were very good pluses. My vacation overall was outstanding and Red roof inn provided us with a good place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you very much for your honest review of your experience with us here in Erie. I am grateful that you enjoyed your stay and only wish that we could have provided you with a truly excellent stay with us. I am glad that my team was able to fix the toilet within your room however I am sorry that our internet was giving you problems during your stay. We are currently working with our technicians on upgrading our speed. I hope that your next vacation you will give us another opportunity to serve you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Pleased with my brief stay on a cross-country trip. Room was clean & spacious with fridge & microwave. The decor is a bit spartan, but someone planned the room carefully to make it very user friendly. Nice work desk & chair, lots of convenient outlets for electronics. Big vanity, nice for women, but it does need a makeup mirror. I asked the desk for flatwear as I had some leftovers to eat, and to put my ice packs for my cooler in their freezer. They could not have been more obliging. I was even able to plug in my CMax Energi hybrid from my first floor room. The coffee & food are rather basic, but I don't usually consume them anyway. The lack of closet might make the room feel cluttered for a longer stay. For me, it fit the bill for the right price.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your wonderful words of praise about our rooms and our staff! I am so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that my staff was so accommodating with you requests. I do however, apologize for not being able to offer closet space within our rooms. I would like to mention as well that should you ever stay with us on a second floor room, that we would have outlets available to charge your car in the breezeways of both buildings. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will keep us in mind should you ever need a place to rest and recharge!

Been to Red Roof Inn Erie? Share your experiences!