“Very Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Erie
Cudahy, Wisconsin, United States
“Very Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We really enjoy staying at the Red Roof in in Erie. We stop there on our way to visit our family in upstate NY and our stay is, always, excellent. We, also, enjoy the nearby casino and they give you a card for a 7.00 free play.

Room Tip: Handicap rooms are really great
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for allowing the Red Roof Inn Erie to be your hotel of choice whenever you make the trip to visit your family in New York! We love hearing that we can be part of a tradition, and are grateful that we could provide a little reprieve from the cold and harsh winter.

I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our free $7 slot play over at the Presque Isle Downs and Casino! I hope you did well over there.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope that your every experience with us will continue to be as great as the one before!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Addison, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We stopped here on our way back to New England because it was inexpensive and an easy on/off of I-90. The front desk clerk was very helpful, giving us directions to the restaurant of our choice, plus she called our room about 5 minutes after we got there to make sure everything was satisfactory. It was. The room looked like it was newly decorated, and was set up with a chair/desk setup for a workstation, plus a mini fridge. The bagged breakfast with a muffin, apple and water was a little different, but ok. If I had to do it again, I would have requested a room away from the highway so it wouldn't be as noisy. Other than that, you can't beat the price and room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from the highway.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments about our quality and cleanliness! We really appreciate that you enjoyed your stay with us so much! My team is very customer oriented and do their best to make all of our guests feel welcome when staying with us. If you ever visit the area again, we would be more than happy to reserve you a room on the back side of the hotel. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again!
Sincerely, John
Northville, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I travel for work extensively, and I'll always stay at RRI when they're available. This one was probably the nicest one yet. All new rooms, comfortable bed, and everything was spotless. They even have breakfast bags ready to go in the morning. There is simply no better value out there in the hotel/motel scene. 10/10

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn as your preference of hotel when traveling! We are so grateful that you would consider our Red Roof the nicest one you've stayed in. We are very blessed with having such a great housekeeping team work here that keep our inn looking great. We truly thank you for your gracious compliments and hope that you will return soon.
NE Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This hotel was clean and updated. Check-in was easy and the staff polite and helpful. The location was great, right off Route 90. The accommodations were actually better than I expected for a no-frills hotel. The bagged breakfast was the weakest part of the stay, a prepackaged muffin, small apple and bottle of water.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel! It makes me beam with pride when I hear such lovely words of praise for my hotel and my staff especially. I am very glad that my team was able to provide you with such an effortless check in.

While we are not an over-the-top five star hotel/resort, we still do try very hard to make our guests welcome and are so glad we were able to break away from the mold and deliver such an excellent stay.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay experience with us. We hope to see you again soon!
Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Traveling with sister. Arrived late on a Friday night and headed out early the next morning. Honored coupon from book we got at a travel plaza. $79.99 which is still a bit pricey but consistent with area. Room was clean and comfortable and had wood floors which is nice - no wondering what's crawling in the carpet. "Breakfast" was a paper bag with a muffin, bottle of water and small apple. Staff was friendly.

Room Tip: We did ask for a room in the back away from the interstate and were not bothered by traffic noise at...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your weekend trip! I am glad that my team honored the coupon without hassle during the late night. Thank you as well for commenting on our new flooring! We really appreciate hearing that our guests approve of the new changes we've made to the hotel. We feel the same way that removing the carpets from the rooms has added a whole new level of transparency, so now you can see exactly what you are walking on. I hope if you are ever travelling in the area again that you will grab another coupon book and head for the Red Roof Inn.
Scotia, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I've been to this Inn many times, the last review being September 2012. I've been consistent in my comments -- Clean, comfortable, remodeled. Yes, bathroom is small, but tolerable even for a six feet two inch person. I knew that the Red Roof no longer offered breakfast at McDonald's and, due to lack of space, now provides a bagged meal of an apple, a muffin and a bottle of water. I don't consider this a breakfast and skipped it on this trip, although I would stay there again because everything else is so right.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Let me start by thanking you for continuing to stay with us here in Erie! We absolutely love that having return guests. I am glad that even if our ground floor rooms don't have the largest bathrooms around that you still find our hotel very comfortable. I am sorry that our new breakfast option wasn't to your liking. I only hope that your next stay with us be even more comfortable and relaxing and that we continue to be your hotel of choice when visiting Erie.
Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Right next to the highway. After driving almost 600 miles I was looking forward to sleep but being right next to the highway made for a lot of noise! Rooms are clean and well kept but I was very disappointed by all the noise. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone who wants to get a good nights' rest.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write about your most recent experience with us. While we wish that we could have provided you with a more comfortable stay we still appreciate your review regardless. We do offer rooms on the backside of our hotel which would provide a much greater protection from the noise. I am sure that you would enjoy your stay much more in one of these rooms. I hope you will allow us another chance to show you how great of a hotel we can be.

Been to Red Roof Inn Erie? Share your experiences!