“Decent clean stay in Erie” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Erie
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7865 Perry Highway, Erie, PA 16509   |
Ranked #9 of 35 hotels in Erie
Toronto, Canada
“Decent clean stay in Erie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Good decent place. Has the basic necessities. Clean hotel, clean bed. Went with family for trip to visit Waldameer theme park. They have millcreek mall close by. Good for family stay, covers the basic stuff

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. While I wish that we could have provided you with exceptional service I am happy that we could at least provide you with a clean room to sleep in. I am glad that you and your family were comfortable within the rooms and hope that the next time you visit Waldameer you allow us another chance to show you how great of a hotel we can be.

456 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Wesley Chapel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We were somewhat reluctant to stay here at first, as we had a not-so-good experience a few evenings earlier at another lower-cost motel that accepts animals. However, since it advertaised it was "all new rooms", we took a chance. It was exceptionally clean and neat, the staff were very friendly and helpful, our cats enjoyed the room (very important!) and we got a wonderful quiet night's sleep. Thank you, Red Roof Erie!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reconsidering your decision to stay at the Red Roof Inn Erie! I am sorry that you were at first a bit hesitant to stay with us due to a prior bad experience with another hotel. I am however very appreciative to the fact that you enjoyed your stay with us so much. In being that we are pet friendly hotel we welcome all pets that our guests might bring along with them on the road. I am glad that we were able to provide you and your cats such a quiet night's sleep and we hope to see you again soon!
Ridgway, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We have stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Erie Pa. before. The rooms are always clean and the service has always been good. We always enjoy our stay. I would recommend this motel. It is close to everything.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for being such a loyal guest of the Red Roof Inn Erie! We are very happy as well that you always enjoy your stay with us and that we are able to provide such great service to you. We will continue to do our best in keeping up with the cleanliness and providing 100% customer satisfaction. We very much appreciate your recommendation for our hotel and look forward to your next visit into town.
Atwater, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Since I was traveling with my hyper lab/mix I found there to be a nice grassy area well stocked with "doggie bags" to clean up the mess with. This was my second visit staying at the Red Roof Inn in Erie, Pennsylvania. The area has restaurants that are easily accessed without having to go on any highways. However as with any of the Red Roof Inn's I did find staying connected to the Wi-Fi to be an ongoing issue. The staff is just awesome!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for making us your pet friendly hotel of choice when visiting Erie! We appreciate all guests and try to make sure that everyone feels equally welcome while on our property. I am glad that we were able to provide you with plenty of area to walk your dog and that our doggie stations were a convenience to you. We feel lucky that we are so close to the highway with so many attractions within reach. Thank you for commenting on the friendliness of our staff and we hope to see you again!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

We loved our stay at the Red Roof Inn in Erie, PA the first week of May, we stayed again when we returned to Upstate New York this past week! It's the only place around that allows pets at no charge. I'm pretty sure we even had the same room, by chance. This time around, though, we traveled with an extra person so we booked her a room too. She appreciated the very affordable rate, as do we. Everything we appreciated on our last stay was as before-- clean inside and out, friendly, courteous staff, comfortable bed, slept great, laminate wood floors perfect for traveling with a dog, and yummy, fresh breakfast muffin. Our only detraction is we still had spillage from the tub, both when soaking in the tub and showering. The Red Roof Inn we stayed at in Maumee, OH on our return to Chicago had an identical bathroom to Erie's and the floor stayed dry, which means the problem can't be the overall design of the tub; it might be unique to that particular tub (rm. 140, mgmt.). We were prepared this time though and dried off in the tub first, then dropped our towels on the floor to soak up the water before stepping out. We didn't mind it, but only mention it as a courtesy to mgmt.: this is a serious liability hazard. Slipping in the bathroom poses a serious injury risk to a guest. Aside from that, however, everything else was excellent. I have read some comments that the bathrooms are too small. The space is compact, but we much prefer the economy of a compact design for a one-night stay than a more roomy bathroom at a considerably higher rate. We were so pleased, I just had to review again to recommend this Inn to anyone stopping overnight in the Erie, PA region.

• Stayed June 2013
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us again and for writing another review of your stay experience! I am so glad that we were able to provide you with a clean, affordable room and that you enjoyed our RediSetGo breakfast! I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with your tub. I do appreciate the tip though and I will make sure to have my maintenance take a look to see if perhaps it is bad caulking or if a pipe needs tightened. I am glad that you would offer up such a gracious recommendation of our hotel and hope that we might be lucky enough to have a third in the future!
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Let me start by saying we were four couples arriving early Friday for a weekend of guys golfing and girls shopping. We arrived at the hotel really early and just hoped to leave our bags (to make room for shopping) and the girl at the desk went above and beyond trying to accommodate us. She left the desk for a minute to see if our assigned rooms were vacated and came back to tell us she would let us put our bags and coolers in a room. She apologized it was not cleaned yet from the previous guests but if we did not mind we could store our stuff. What service! I really wish I could remember her name!! We returned to the hotel and we were happily in four rooms all beside and across from each other. The rooms are larger than some of the hotels I have stayed in however as in the previous rating the bathroom is small. The room was clean and the removal of the carpets made for a clean feeling room. Loved the renovations apparently done recently. The maid, the front desk staff were all friendly however I do not want to forget to mention the maintenance man. We had a issue with one of the door locks. The maid called for maintenance and he showed up just a few minutes later. He was hilarious and very much enjoying his job. He fixed the door and all was well. Everyone we came into contact with was friendly. This hotel is close to the shopping areas of Erie (one exit over) The only down side was the noise from the highway was a bit loud to the two couples on that side of the building however our side was quite...........however the view was of the parking lot. All in all would stay there again!

Room Tip: try and ask for the parking lot side and not the highway side.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Let me start by thanking you for writing such a wonderful review of our hotel! I could not be happier to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us so much! I believe that the Front Desk GSR that you spoke with was Joyce. And the GSR who fixed your lock was named Dane. We are very lucky to have such great employees here who make this job an easy and fun place. Thank you as well for complimenting the cleanliness of your rooms and the overall friendliness of my staff. We appreciate very much that you would keep us in mind for future travel plans as we hope to see you soon!
Williamstown, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

A short history first.
We have stated at the Red Roof Inn in Jamestown, NY for the past 15 years with no trouble. Their staff was excellent as was their pricing. This year our club decided to fish Presque Isle in Erie. Our friends in Jamestown set us up with the 'Friends and Family' discount which was processed and confirmed twice, the second time with a printed rate sheet. Upon arrival, we were advised that they could not and would not honor the voucher. Very poor business practice in my opinion. Furthermore, we were awakened know the middle of the night by water pouring from our ceiling onto the bed. We contacted management and even though rooms were vacant next to us, our only option was to relocate to another building. Since we had a boat and several room items, that was very inconvenient. Parking isn't for boats so if you fish, don't stop. If you get a reduction in standard over priced room rate, don't bet on it. Bathrooms are extremely small, a cat would have trouble turning around. Pillows are nice. Highway is noisy. The general manager really needs to take a course on standing behind a printed quote.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We appreciate all of our guest’s comments regardless if it be of a glowing response or an unpleasant experience. I am sorry that yours has fallen into the latter category and I offer my apologies. There are however a few things I would like to clarify. We do in fact honor all discount certificates, whether they be in the form of a loyalty certificate as a reward via our Redicard program, Employee Travel vouchers or the Friends and Family voucher. I can honestly say that we are one the better hotels that do accept these regardless of the season. However, in order to receive any of these a guest must present to the Front Desk at time of check in the original voucher/certificate and in the case of any voucher be signed by the GM of the issuing hotel. We were unable to honor the rate quoted at the time you made the reservation because you failed to bring in the actual voucher and the issuing Inn could not confirm that a pass had been issued.

Been to Red Roof Inn Erie? Share your experiences!