“Affordable, Clean Room, Right off the Freeway” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Erie
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7865 Perry Highway, Erie, PA 16509   |
Ranked #9 of 35 hotels in Erie
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Affordable, Clean Room, Right off the Freeway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed here one night when we we were driving across the country to move my husband to NY. I thought that the room was clean, large and came at a good price. The hotel includes a voucher for McDonald's breakfast which was nice. I think this is a good option for a business trip or on a road trip, where you are just looking for a nice, safe, clean place to sleep.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of your recent experience with us! We very much appreciate your comments on how safe and clean of a hotel we are! We take the cleanliness of our hotel very seriously as we love for our guests to have problem free experiences while staying with us. I would like to mention that we have since replaced our McDonald's breakfast voucher with a bagged and ready to go option. I hope that if you are ever on your way to visit your husband with his new move that you will choose our hotel as we would love to have you!

444 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Garland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Unreal!! The best Hotel in the area!! Super Staff! And best price in town!! Very clean all new rooms ! Great Plasma T.V.40 inches at least! Nice betting!! Stayed here before and will always stay there when In town!

Room Tip: Get your coupon at the welcome center or rest area for a great rate in the book! 54.99!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your enthusiastic review of your experience with us! We love it when our guests share the same passion as we do for our hotel! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would consider us the best hotel in the area. We are very proud of the service and the rooms that we provide and we appreciate when our guest agree. Thank you for choosing to stay with us again and we will look forward to seeing you soon!
Erie, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Our main reason for choosing the Red Roof Inn was because we knew it was pet friendly. We also heard it was renovated recently so we decided to give it a go. Overall I would give the hotel a 4 star rating, but because they allowed our small dog I gave them the extra mark. We stayed for 3 nights.

The room was very nice. Comfortable bed, very clean, and a great value. I know people have complained on here about the highway noise. Yes you can hear the highway traffic, but what do you expect when the hotel is right next to the highway. It wasn't too bad, but if you're sensitive to noise you'll definitely notice. My main complaint...tiny bathroom! I mean closet sized bathroom. The sink and trash can weren't even able to fit in the bathroom. The bathroom was clean though and the water pressure was good in the shower. On our last night we were left with a half of a roll of toilet paper, housekeeping never gave us a new roll the last time they cleaned before we left. I'm assuming they would have sent us some if we complained because they were very helpful during our stay, but I just thought it was odd they didn't leave a full roll for us.

We had no trouble with our dog at the hotel. We were told there were pet areas with bags to clean up after your pet, but there weren't any by our side of the hotel. I noticed them on the back side of the hotel, we faced the highway, but didn't see any by us. We just used our own bags. I wasn't about to go behind the hotel in the dark with my dog.

Front desk staff was friendly. Some more than others, I wish I would have remembered names to give proper credit, but all of them were helpful.

I would definitely recommend Red Roof Inn to anyone especially with a pet.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thank you for being so generous in giving us a five star rating! I am very happy to hear that our pet friendly policy helped in your decision to stay with us. I would like to apologize however for our bathroom seeming cramped during your stay. Our second floor bathrooms are equipped with larger bathroom due to the layout of our hotel. I am very honored to have received such high marks in your review, and to hear of our inns cleanliness and overall friendly staff.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a weekend of shopping in Erie. It's right off the highway from NY. The tricky part is that there isn't a big sign in front of the driveway so you might drive by it the first time as it is set back behind McDonalds.
The rooms have been renovated recently and are very large and clean. They accept pets and they have rooms with fridges available for an additional costs. They have laminate floors in the rooms.

The prices are very affordable and they have a continental package breakfast available every morning. It consists of a Sara Lee muffin, bottled water and an apple. A perfect snack for shopping. (Remember you can walk 1min to McDonalds). This hotel is about a 5-7min drive down the highway from Peach St in Erie. Peach street is the main shopping, hotel and restaurant area of Erie. There you will find Target, Cracker Barrel etc. The Red Roof Inn is about 50mins down the highway from Grove City and the outlets.

We paid $60 a night with tax and I was impressed at how much I got for the price. I will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the highway as they are quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you making our Red Roof Inn your choice of hotels when in Erie shopping! My staff and I are all very glad that we were able to provide you with clean, affordable room within easy distance of the shopping! Thank you for commenting on our renovation as well! The new flooring has definitely made a positive impact on the cleanliness of our rooms. We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and look forward to seeing you on your return visit to Erie!
Mississauga, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed one night at the Red Roof Inn after shopping at Grove City, Pennsylvania. The hotel is right off the highway and next to McDonalds. We requested a room at the back not facing the highway. The hotel was not busy so it was not a problem. The room had two double beds, very basic and clean.

Room Tip: Not facing the highway
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
My staff and I are all very grateful that our hotel is so easily accessible to our guests off of the interstate. I am glad that we were able to accommodate your room preference for a rear facing room. I would like to apologize if your room was nothing out of the ordinary within the hotel experience. We strive to deliver excellence in all that we do to all of our guests. I hope that you will allow us another chance to serve you on your next shopping trip to the Grove City outlets.
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I decided to take a quick little weekend getaway to Erie, PA for a change of scenery and some shopping. Decided on this spot based on the tripadvisor reviews. It was a large, clean room with some modern touches and it was pet friendly so we were able to bring our pup along. We got free breakfast at McDonald's for the next morning which was a nice little perk. It was right on the highway but we didn't find it that noisy.

The King sized bed was comfortable. The bathroom was good although we ended up in an accessible room and the shower was a bit awkward for us since it wasn't a "stall".

The price was a bit on the expensive side because it was Labor Day weekend, and considering this is more like a motel, it seemed a bit too much. We might return at some point, just not on a long weekend.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, bring earplugs or ask to be on the side facing away from the highway. If...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for giving our hotel a chance based on our previous Tripadvisor reviews! I am very glad that our online reputation is helping to spread the word on our little Red Roof In Erie! I am also very grateful that you appreciated our McDonalds breakfast voucher and that our proximity to the highway did not present a noise disturbance. I would like to mention that we have changed our breakfast option to meet the needs of our guests who would like a more readily available option. We now carry our RediSetGo breakfast which consists of a muffin, fruit and a bottle of water available at the front desk each morning. I would like to apologize if our prices seemed a bit more than you expected. We do try to stay competitive within our market. I hope that the next time you visit Erie that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.
Perry, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Our company uses this Red Roof Inn location to house our carpenters who come into town weekly for a project we are currently working on and I cannot tell you how great Dane and his staff have been to us. Not only are our guys completely satisfied with their rooms, I was so impressed with how willingly the hotel worked with our company to get us a rate we were comformtable with. I've never had any issue's making reservations or with the staff. Everyone I've ever spoken to has been polite and extrememly helpful. I appreciate the excellent customer service and will definitely be using them anytime our crews are in town!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you for choosing our Red Roof Inn as your hotel of choice in Erie! I am very pleased to know that we have been able to fulfill our goal of achieving outstanding customer service! I was very grateful when Dane came to me with a proposal for your company. We love having the opportunity of working with new companies and showing them how great our hotel can be. I would like to thank you for complimenting my staff's friendliness as well. We pride ourselves on the care and attention that we deliver to our guests! I hope we are able to continue building a healthy working relationship!

Been to Red Roof Inn Erie? Share your experiences!