“Property maintenance” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7865 Perry Highway, Erie, PA 16509   |
Ranked #9 of 35 hotels in Erie
“Property maintenance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

This property seemed to be very well maintained. Had opportunity to meet Mr Perry, head of maintenance, and found him to be helpful and courteous. He also takes great pride in his property, and it shows!

• Stayed February 2013
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
I am very glad that you had a chance to meet with David and that he was friendly and helpful! He joined our team this year and has quickly become a valuable part of our team. Thank you for commending his hard work and efforts and for taking the time to review our property. I hope you get the chance to come back in the summer time when our property can show its true potential.

443 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
ohtoothfairy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I am a frequent visitor to Erie as it is a quick, fun weekend trip. This was the first time staying at the Red Roof Inn as my usual favorite hotel was booked. The staff was very pleasant and gave us coupons for the casino as well as McDonalds for breakfast. As for the room, it was very basic & seemed a bit on the small side. Everything was very clean but even though it was recently remodeled it seemed out dated to me. There was a mini fridge, microwave and safe. The bathroom is very very small with an annoyingly loud fan that goes on every time the light is on. The toilet paper is probably the best I have seen in any hotel/motel that I have stayed in. The walls are extremely THIN as I was woken up in the middle of the night by someone in the next room calling for help from her husband while she was using the restroom. Also the mini fridge kept making a VERY LOUD noise during the night as well. For the price, I can't complain however I can not imagine this is the top rated hotel in Erie. It isnt even a hotel but a motel. Would I stay here again? Probably not.. But if you need an inexpensive place to sleep near the casino give it a try. I look forward to reading YOUR review~~ Good Luck!!

Room Tip: Definately ask for a 2nd floor room if you are able & willing to lug your suitcase up the flight...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor! I would however like to apologize if our hotel did not live up to the reputation that we've earned on Tripadvisor. I am grateful that we were able to provide you with a clean room and friendly service during your stay with us. I will most certainly make sure to have our maintenance go and fix the bathroom fan as it is usually a matter of oiling. I am truly sorry that we were not able to provide you with an experience that would encourage a return visit. I hope that you will not be dissuaded from staying at Red Roof Inn's altogether and will allow us one more chance to show you how great of a hotel we can be.
CLEVELAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have been traveling to Erie quite a bit in the last few months, and the Red Roof Inn has become my second home. The front desk staff are incredible. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. Jeannie of the housekeeping staff is a wonderful person who takes care of anything I need. I highly recommend this property because it has everything you need.

Room Tip: request a room away from the interstate for quiet
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
I would like to thank you very much for your glowing review of your experiences with us! It is so wonderful to hear of long returning guests who so thoroughly enjoy staying with us. It makes me very proud to hear that my Front Desk staff and Jeannie in housekeeping specifically provide you with excellent customer service. We all greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review, and for your recommendation to other travelers to stay here. I look forward to having you stay with us again!
White Oak, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

When I am traveling in the Erie, Pa area, I always stay at the Red Roof Inn. Over the years the staff has also been very friendly. Lexie is always very helpful.. The property has been recently remodeled and they rooms are kept very clean.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
We are all very happy that we have been able to be your personal choice of hotel for years whenever you visit Erie Pa. We have been fortunate to have had such a great crew for many years now. I am very glad to hear that Lexie is so well liked by our guests. She does a lot of work to help out, and she will be very pleased to see her name mentioned on tripadvisor. Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience, and I hope that we can continue to provide you with excellent service for many years to come.
North Tonawanda, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I stay in this hotel multiple times a year traveling for dog shows. This hotel never disappoints. If there is even a slight problem the staff will make it right. Joyce and Dane make check in and check out easy and pleasant. The house keeping staff does a great job as this is one of the cleanest hotels I stay in.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
I would first like to thank you for being so loyal to our Red Roof Inn Erie. We love having return customers as it makes our job a little more pleasant seeing a familiar face. We are very proud of our level on cleanliness and aim definitely aim to keep it that way. I am very glad that both Joyce and Dane help with checking in and out. I am proud of my entire team here, and I appreciate you taking the time to comment on their service. I look forward to seeing you in town for the next dog show!
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stopped here for one night with my husband on our way to Chicago. Check in was a little slow because the people in front of us had all the questions in the world, but the front desk staff was extremely polite and apologized profusely.

The rooms are clean and very nicely remodelled and the beds are really comfortable.

As others have said, the hotel is right on the side of the interstate but we didn't notice at all. The building is well-insulated from sound.

The hotel also isn't near much. There are a few restaurants nearby but you have to drive to get to anything decent. I recommend going to the Peach Street exit, rather than further into Erie, when you go looking for food. This seems to be where most of the restaurants and things to do are.

We also got the free McDonald's breakfast but I have to say, it was probably the worst thing I've ever eaten in my life...

PROS: Front desk staff, nice rooms, great beds, clean, flat screen tv, price.

CONS: Far from restaurants and things to do, the free breakfast was gross.

We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on north side are probably quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
I am glad that despite your experience with our breakfast and our location that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that our breakfast option with McDonalds did not live up to your expectations. I can say however that we will soon be replacing our existing deal with McDonalds with our Redi Set Go breakfast. It will include a fruit, a muffin and a bottle of water. I am happy that your experience overall with us was a pleasant one and that my front desk staff was very courteous to you upon check in. My staff and I appreciate you taking the time to write a review and hope that the next time you visit Erie that you keep the Red Roof Inn in mind!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

I needed a hotel in Erie at the last minute. I chose this hotel based on its good reviews. I was pleasantly surprised by their cleanliness and newly remodeled rooms. At first I was concerned by how close it is to the highway. I thought I'd be able to hear the cars drive by. However, the noise was not the least bit of an issue. Although they do not serve breakfast, we received tickets to have complimentary breakfast at the McDonald's next door. If Im ever in Erie again I will definitely stay at the Red Roof Inn again.

• Stayed December 2012
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
We are also surprised and very honored whenever we read another Tripadvisor review commenting on the unexpected cleanliness of our guest's rooms! My housekeeping staff is among the best that any GM could ask for and we are very fortunate to have been graced with such a great crew working here. I am also happy to hear that you did not experience any noise issues with the highway from your room. One thing I would like to mention is that we will be replacing our breakfast voucher at McDonalds with a grab and go style breakfast. The breakfast will include a fruit, muffin and a bottle of water. I hope you get another chance to visit Erie again!

Been to Red Roof Inn Erie? Share your experiences!