“Don't!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 35 hotels in Erie
Iowa City, Iowa
“Don't!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Room is nice enough but a few problems. Room keys don't work well, ABC and NBC not viewable, free breakfast is a coupon to McDonalds and God help you if you are on the Interstate side. Way too close, noisy and for the first time ever there is a quiet AC when you need a noisy one for white noise. I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the backside of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
I am terribly sorry that your room was so lacking in quality as compared to the service that we regularly strive to deliver to our guests. I would like to apologize for your room keys not holding a charge for the duration of your stay as I know how frustrating it is to frequent the front desk when you should be relaxing in your room. I have made it well known to my team that duplicate keys are to be given out and to double check that they are programmed for the length of the guest's stay. I am also sorry for the noise disturbance you encountered from the highway. The back side of our hotel does offer quite a bit of noise reduction due to its location. I hope that if you ever visit Erie again you will give us one more chance to present you with a more comfortable experience.

441 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
frankfort ky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

what a nice place if you just want a place to sleep, catch up on the internet, or watch a litle t.v. check in was easy. the room was clean and inviting. the value was great. i would definetly stay there again!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
I am very happy to hear that your experience with us was so pleasant and relaxing! It is very comforting to know that my front desk staff is performing well and making the check in process convenient for our guests. We love having the chance to meet new guests and show them why we are all so proud of our hotel in Erie! Thank you as well for complimenting how clean your room was. We are constantly checking and rechecking our rooms to make sure that only the best we have to offer is available for our guests. My staff and I are all very appreciative that you would gladly stay with us again, and we hope the chance comes along sooner rather than later!
barrie
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Rated number one but nothing special staff polite, we stayed in the superior king room which was just average. Smallest washroom i have ever had and no conditioner for your hair unless you ask the front desk. The cleaning staff are not even aloud to have conditioning on their carts.

I would recommend this to anyone close to the casino and one exit before Peach St shopping

Room Tip: choose a room on the back side away from the highway
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
I am sorry that your stay with us was just average and did not exceed your expectations at all. I would like to apologize for your having to go to the front desk for the conditioner. My team would be more than happy to provide you with anything you request when you first check in. I am at least grateful that my staff was polite to you during your stay with us. We focus greatly on our hospitality and I am glad we could deliver at least one aspect of great service. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to earn your faith in our hotel whenever you might return to the Erie area.
Ridgway, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We have stayed at this location 3 times and found it to located close to the attractions in Erie and the casino. The rooms have been remolded and are kept very clean. The people on the desk are very helpful and pleasant to deal with.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for continuing to stay with us time and again! I am very glad to know that our proximity to the casino as well as our overall cleanliness has earned us your preference of hotel when you visit Erie. I would also like to thank you for commenting on the friendliness of my front desk staff. My entire crew are all very aware of our presence on tripadvisor and are always doing their very best to make sure our guests feel welcome when staying with us. I thank you again for taking the time to review about your stay with us and hope your schedule allows for you to have a return visit again soon!
Tyrone, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This hotel offers a good stay for the business traveler. The rooms have a nice desk with a large work area. The room also has a nice new TV and the bed was comfortable as well. Not too far from Lake Erie.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
I am very glad to know that from a business man's perspective that our rooms provide all that you would need when in town on work. We do what we can to cater to our guests needs whether it be for family, pleasure or business related. Also I would like to thank you for mentioning the view from our front side of the hotel where the rolling landscape is viewable. We are very happy you were comfortable when staying with us and hope that your business needs allow you to return to our hotel again!
Scotia, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Erie is the mid-point of my rather frequent travels between Albany, New York and
Cincinnati, so I have spent many nights there; now the only place I stay in Erie is the Red Roof. You can read the other reviews (and my own from the past) and they explain exactly what you're getting -- a clean, remodeled, moderately priced room and very good service from the staff.
The only drawback is the size of the toilet/tub area, which is cramped. I'm glad I'm on the thin side. Other than that, I have no complaints.
Dave at the front desk was most accommodating, even to the point of changing my room from the second to the first floor. (I was having knee trouble.) That brings up a point to others with knee problems -- there is no elevator so be aware. Overall, I'm very happy with this motel and will continue to use it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
It is not often that we have repeat guests who are willing to take the time to review their most recent stays with us! I am glad that you have decided to stay with us again and that your experience has been increasingly more pleasant! Thank you so much for complimenting the cleanliness of our rooms and for mentioning our staff's job well done. I am glad that my team is doing what they can to accommodate you with a first floor room. I hope that you will continue to stay with us when you visit town and that your experiences keep getting better!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

I travel quite a bit for business and am "picky" about where I stay. Remodel of this hotel done well. So clean! Comfortable beds. Love the breakfast coupons for McDonalds next door. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
I am glad that you would consider yourself "picky" when it comes to choosing your hotels. We gladly welcome any thoughts our guests might have that would help us improve upon our hotel experience. It makes me very proud to hear that you loved your stay with us and that you consider us a nice find. Also thank you for considering us as a viable option during your next stop through town. We look forward to seeing you again and hope that your travels bring you back to the Red Roof often.

Been to Red Roof Inn Erie? Share your experiences!