“Absolutely wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Erie
youngstown
“Absolutely wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I would rate this as the best budget hotel I've ever stayed in. Clean wood floors in the room and bath, modern, up-dated facilities, free McD breakfast, free wi-fi. FANTASTIC.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Thank you so much for giving us such high marks! We love hearing that our cleaning and maintenance is paying off and that our new look is going over so well. I hope you stop through soon because we would absolutely love to have you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Joplin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stay at Red Roofs and La Quinta's all over the country because we travel with our dog. This Red Roof has been remodeled (Next Generation). Everything was changed so the beds are good, the room was spotless. We always get a inclusive king so we get the micro/fridge and the large business desk. We eat in the rooms most of the time and this property has a great bonus. The have arranged delivery food from the usual suspects but also Applebee's, Famous Dave's BBQ, Quaker Stake and Lube, and one other I have forgotten. We get so tired of pizza and chinese delivery. They also give each guest a coupon for free breakfast at McDonalds which is next door. We did notice some traffic noise because we were on the highway side of the property. This is the only negative we could find with this property.

Room Tip: The rooms away from the highway will be much quieter. Try to get an "inclusive king" The...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Hello frequent traveler of the Red Roof Inn. It always makes me happy when I hear that another of our guests is loyal to our brand. Our inn especially does their very best to make the Red Roof Inn name something to brag about. So few people take the time to ask of our delivery options that our connections to a few of the restaurants on the next exit often get overlooked. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of them though. I hope the next time you visit you will allow us the opportunity to place you in a room on the backside away from the noise.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

I stayed with my DOGGIE and it was great!!. the room was clean, big, and the people were great with us and friendly to my Rottie.. and she weighs 100 pounds.. we had free breakfast in the near by Mcdonald's.. it was right off 90 and 4 miles off of the beach.. there is even a self wash dog washer up there now.. wow.. serisoulsy.. it was a great weekend time with my doggie.. lol. OHHH AND i checked for flee's.. there where NONE!!!.. she was safe!!!

Room Tip: please get new pillows.. yours are a brick.. just saying..
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, April 28, 2012
I am so glad that you found your room with us to be so clean and inviting when you came to town with your dog. My housekeeping staff go above and beyond when it comes to cleaning our rooms and I could not be more proud of my team. There is a difference when it comes to hotels in just being pet friendly versus being friendly to your guest’s pets and I hope that we help set that distinction! Pets will always be a welcome guest here at our hotel. Also as a side note to yourself as well as all future guests of the Red Roof Inn Erie: I would like to say that we do keep an additional pillow that’s a bit softer in the bottom drawer in each of our rooms.

Brampton, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

WE had our 2 toy dogs with us , and the facilities were excellent for them , thre room was very clean and the service excellent, I would have no trouble recommending this hotel to friends

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
I am glad that you found our hotel to be so dog friendly. We do our best to make sure all our guests as well as their pets feel welcome at our hotel. I thank you for you gracious review of us and feel privileged to have earned your recommendation. I hope we see you and your friends soon!

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

The Erie Red Roof Inn is located adjacent to I-90, not far from I-86 and I-79. It's a stone's throw to McDonald's and Arby's.

We attempted to reserve a room using our mobile phone, but this was next to impossible, so we took a chance and drove up. Check-in was quick and easy. The clerk was friendly and helpful. Fortunately, a room with a king bed was available in a first-floor room on the side away from the highway.

The room was small, but adequate, with a very small desk and comfortable desk chair, flat screen TV, granite vanity. The choice of channels was so-so, but for those who like pay per view, this is available. The bathroom was small, but renovated and very clean. There was no fridge or microwave, but there was a safe (which came with a $1.50 refundable charge if not used). The room was quiet (save for the occasional beep from someone locking their car).

A few things stood out: there were plenty of outlets for all those e-gadgets on one of the night tables and a very strong (but unsecure) wi-fi signal.

There is no restaurant or breakfast room onsite; as others have mentioned, you get a coupon for one of 4 breakfast meal choices at the adjacent McDonald's.

Room Tip: As the clerk told us, this is all personal preference. He said some prefer the white noise of the h...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for being so detailed in your review of our hotel! You definitely seem like an experienced traveler and we are grateful for your visit with us. While our hotel might not be the grandest of them all I am glad we can be among the cleanest. We pride ourselves on doing the little things well. I hope the next time you come through that you stay in our Superior King room which would offer the most space as well as a larger desk and microwave and mini fridge.

Kirtland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I always stay at this location when I travel through Erie. The staff is ALWAYS wonderful and the rooms are always clean! Dane was working the front desk when we checked in and I just can't say enough how GREAT he was! Our room was spotless. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
We are very glad that we have earned the spot as your first choice of hotel to stay at in Erie. We all appreciate your kind words on the cleanliness and friendliness of our hotel. Dane especially loves seeing his hospitality recognized on tripadvisor. I hope that my team continues to impress you with our service and we hope to see you soon!

chagrin falls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I gave stayed in three hotels in the Erie area and this was by far the cleanest, most comfortable, and cheapest, too. The hardwood floors, bedding, and bathroom were sparkling clean. I'll stay here every time I come to Erie and never visit the other two again. There's absolutely no comparison.

Room Tip: Stay here but ask to be on back side away from highway. It was very quiet on this side.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for being so supportive of our hotel. I am very happy to hear that when compared stay for stay with our competition that we do not disappoint. My team and I do our best to keep our rooms in spotless as well as consistently deliver on our guest friendliness. I appreciate your liking of our new remodel as well. Our new floors are still under scrutiny with our guests and it is always welcoming to hear that we as a company are moving in the right direction.

John

Been to Red Roof Inn Erie? Share your experiences!