“Excellent low budget hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Erie
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7865 Perry Highway, Erie, PA 16509   |
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Erie
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
“Excellent low budget hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

My wife and I went on a shopping trip too Pennsylvania to outlets, and needed a place to stay for a couple nights. I reviewed and researched many hotels in Erie as well in Grove City. We chose Erie just for the fact that there are places to eat and things to do in the city of Erie, and it was only an hour away from the outlets in Grove City. I choose Red Roof over the hotels in Erie, just for the fact of the price and we just needed somewhere to sleep at night, didn't spend that much time in the hotel. The staff was courteaous and freindly. We didn't want anyone to come to our room, cause we stored our purchases in the room and not in the vehicle. They had no issues with our request and they in fact asked to come up before we left to go shopping and clean our room, so we had clean sheets and towels for at night when we return. Please keep in mind, this hotel is going through renovations, to transform to the new contemporary look. Our bathroom had been renovated to the new look and our bed linens are new as well. I was told by the front desk clerk that they were waiting for flat panel tvs and new dressers for the rooms.

Pros- The price is right, you get a free Mcdonalds breakfast for two of everyday you stay. it is pet freindly, beds are confortable, water pressure is excellent in the shower. McDonalds is right in front of the hotel, 100 feet and your at the doorstep, if you like that type of fast food.

Cons - The only really complaint I have is that during the night you hear alot of people coming and going out of their rooms to the stairs going downstairs. The door would make alot of noise closing all the time, we had a room right next to the exit door. We were in room 204. The shower could be alittle larger, they put a curtain up but it is installed too much inside, so alot of water leaks out and onto the laminate floor. (who puts laminate flooring in a bathroom???)

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back of the hotel, so you dont hear the highway noise traffic. The hotel i...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
Thank you for your comment on our renovated rooms! It is always great to see someone who shares such attention to detail! Our renovation will be finished in a month and we will be sure not to miss a thing. Also I am glad to hear my staff was so courteous to you and your belongings. They will be happy to know their efforts do not go unnoticed.

John

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Bridgeville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

We have been staying at this Inn for many years.

The rooms are very nice and clean, every member of the staff is genuinely friendly and looking to help make our stay the best it could be. I know that I will stay here the next time we are in the area. The free breakfast coupon was an added bonus.

Room Tip: All room locations were great.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Bath
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

This hotel welcomes pets which is convenient when I am traveling with my dogs. The dogs are well trained and I'm sure they are probably better behaved than some children! The staff is friendly and helpful and the rooms are always clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side of the highway. It is quieter. Ask for a ground floor room if...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Fremont, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

Just want to comment on how clean my room was. Jeannie, my housekeeper, prepared a super clean room. When traveling, it is nice It is nice stay in such a clean, comfortable well-maintained place where everything is clean and works properly. The staff was very friendly, and I will stay here upon my return visits to Erie.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Randolph, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

This is a very nice and inexpensive hotel. I stay here every year when I do my holiday Shopping in Erie, it is in a nice location and the staff is friendly. Very nice and clean hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Oakville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

Came for a shopping weekend. Was not my first choice but every other hotel on Peach st. was booked. First time my husband and I stayed here. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. The price was very reasonable and included a McDonalds value meal breakfast. Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011 via mobile

Staff is great rooms are very clean this is #2 stay and it is as good

• Stayed November 2011

Been to Red Roof Inn Erie? Share your experiences!