“Not the Cleanest” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Erie
Waukesha, WI
“Not the Cleanest”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2006

We had booked for two nights but they mixed up so had us spend the 2nd night next door at Quality Inn which was a bit nicer.
Hotel is pretty run down looking i.e. lobby, elevator, hallways. Housekeeping not the best. Thin blankets with holes in, lumpy pillows etc...

• Stayed July 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Toronto, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2006

I tried to book a room 2 weeks before my early July travel, and this was the cheapest among only a handful hotels/motels with room availability. The room is not bad. It's clean and roomy. The front desk staff is friendly. Although the word "hairdryer" is included in the hotel description, there was none in my room. I enquired at the front desk in the evening and was told it's available only in some rooms and the rest are on floating basis. Needlessly to say, I didn't get one. Be sure you bring one along if you really need one during your stay. The breakfast area is quite small, and could add a table or two. Didn't get time to use the outdoor swimming pool, which is located in the adjacent Quality Inn.

• Stayed July 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2005

For being one of the cheapest hotels in the area, we are very pleased with the Super 8. It is right off I-90 and have stayed several times. There seem to always be rooms available and the best rates can be had by presenting a coupon from one of the travel guides you can pick up at the rest areas. The rooms are very clean and spacious and modern. There are indoor coridors and a modest continental breakfast.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2004

We made a big mistake of stopping at this motel, the room was okay (apart from heavy traffic noise) but although advertised as having a restaurant - there wasn't one; you could get a meal in the well worn bar, but no tables were laid and the smoky atmosphere wasn't conducive for eating.
Worse to come - the next morning (6.30am) we had no hot water, I told reception and was informed that NOTHING could be done until the manager arrived at 8am. Unbelievable! Not even a "sorry" from the receptionist. We boiled water in our travel kettle to get washed; at 7.30am we went to get the continental breakfast but there was nothing left, overnight haulage drivers had been in and emptied the place (including coffee); plus there was beer cans and cigarette butts all over the breakfast room. The day receptionist was now on duty, so I (and another couple) asked if there was any chance of coffee or light breakfast - "That's all there is" she replied, "I don't know what else to do!"
I asked her if anything had been done about the hot water supply, she said that "too many people have complained already, I cannot do anything until I see the manager." We asked for our check (which she took ages to get ready for no apparent reason apart from obviously being inexperienced in the job) - then we left never to return.
I made a formal complaint to Super 8 and needless to say have heard nothing from them. Had this been anywhere else we would have had the offer of a part refund or coupon. But don't bother to sent me a coupon now Super 8 - we won't be using it.
(Are Day's Inn and Super 8 the same company in the USA? They seem to have very similar web sites, similar bad motels and similarly badly trained and/or inexperienced staff).

Been to Super 8 Erie/I 90? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Erie/I 90

Address: 8040-B Perry Highway, I-90S Exit 7, Erie, PA 16509
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Erie
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#1 Best Value Hotel in Erie
#9 Business Hotel in Erie
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Erie/I 90 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Super 8 Erie/I 90 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Motel Erie Hotel Erie
Super Eight Erie
Super 8 Erie
Erie Super 8
Erie Super Eight

If you own or manage Super 8 Erie/I 90, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.