“great place to stay when visiting splash lagoon” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #21 of 35 hotels in Erie
“great place to stay when visiting splash lagoon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Nothing fancy about this hotel, but it was a clean and affordable place to stay as part of my Splash Lagoon visit. The hotel staff were all very nice and made us feel welcome. They also offer a free transfer to and from Splash Lagoon (although after waiting for 20 minutes for the shuttle to arrive to take us to the water park, we decided to walk). If they tell you it will be there "in a couple minutes", don't count on it. Despite this minor glitch, it was still a great hotel. The only negative I have is that the breakfast did not have any doughnuts. Kind of strange considering every other hotel I have been to that serves breakfast has doughnuts. Otherwise, a decent breakfast. I will definitely be back to this hotel on my next visit to splash lagoon.

142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Old, dirty, smells like stale smoke. We were looking for a cheap hotel for a couple of days. We got what we paid for. Pool was small but nice. Rooms really small. Wifi slow. Good location. Would not stay here again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked the stay on Priceline two nights before .... was pleasantly surprised - did not pay much more than a Motel 6 stay and Econo Lodge provided a LOT more - large clean room, Jacuzzi tub in the room, king size bed, free Wi-Fi, breakfast, nice pool - wow - I mean a stay in Erie is never going to be exactly glamorous but this was a comfortable hotel and a good value. My kid even got a kick out of the old "tube" TV - "Look Dad! Just like Stewie on Family Guy said... 'we have one of those TV's with the fat back!"

;^D

Horseheads, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stopped in Erie looking for a hotel. The econolodge was not what I expected. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast meal was very good. The pool was the nicest pool we have been to in a long while.The workers were friendly and courtious.I would definitly stay there again.

Elkhart, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed one night on my way to DePew NY. My trip back took me down !/80 W going back where I came from. I decided to stay in Erie again, because I had a good stay before. Tee was the person I got on the phone. She pulled up my info and booked me a room. She was Awesome, the entire staff was very helpful and accomodating. I will stay there again because of the staff.... Well done

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

From the time I reserved my Room till the time we checked out the staff at the Hotel did every thing to make our stay very nice. The pool and hot tub is very nice and there Breakfast was enjoyable. The king size room with Judaize tub was very nice the T.V. in the room was a little out dated (but who goes on vacation to watch T.V.) . I will stay here every time I go To Eire,I have stayed at many Hotels in Eire and Payed much more for a room but never got the kind service I received from the staff here at the ECONO LODGE.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

A++++++ excellent service.clean and overall. Great stay...no complaints. Thanks econo lodge....we enjoyed our stay visiting Lake Erie...the breakfast was awesome as well...great service for the value...

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!