“Eco-"no"-lodge for Splash Lagoon Trip” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #24 of 37 hotels in Erie
Pgh PA
“Eco-"no"-lodge for Splash Lagoon Trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We planned a last minute Splash Lagoon trip for 1 night before a trip to Erie/Presque Isle due to the weather being unusually cold for late July. We knew swimming outside would be limited so decided on budget-friendly Econo for Splash Lagoon package. The hotel runs by itself close to $100 a night which is reasonable for the Erie area but for this hotel itself I think is over-priced.We stayed 1 night, 1 adults, 2 kids, Sun July 28th. There were a good many no's associated with this hotel/stay but its not the worst hotel or Econo Lodge we ever stayed at.This is an ok hotel for Splash lagoon and they provide a free shuttle over and back. If you are not doing the Lagoon, find another place. We also stayed at Days in 5 minutes down the road for the next part of our trip, it is $15 cheaper a night and seems better run, a little cleaner, better breakfast, outdoor pool...

"No" to maintanence! The indoor pool was closed. We were never informed of this when booking the day before. It really wasnt an issue because we were there to do Splash Lagoon Indoor waterpark across the street. Had we just ben passing through or staying there for another reason I would have been upset. We inquired about the pool and were told there were told maintance had all quit and there was no maintanance. If you are coming soon, check on this. It made me nervious if we had a maint issue who would have taken care of it?

No! to good beds, they were older and creaky, not a real comfy sleep.

No! to good neighbors. I know its not the hotels fault but that what you get at these budget hotels, we have stayed in them before. You get a crowd that has no regards for anyone else and scresmed, talked loud and slammed doors till 1:00 AM. i KNOW ITS A HOTEL AND i EXPECT SOME NOISE BUT THIS WAS BEYOND NORMAL NOISE AND WAS RUDE ON THEIR PART,

No! to a decent varitey of breakfast. I know again, its budget but after staying in all sorts of budget hotels, I have seen better variety of foods.

No! to updated rooms, they need some refurbashing and could be a little cleaner. Bedding does seem newer

The Positives..
* Access to Waterpark, interstate/Erie
* Staff pretty friendly
* Pool from what I remember 5 years was nice

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bill P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Mellyrussi,

Thank you for sharing comments about your recent stay at Econo Lodge , Erie.
I want to apologize that you were not completely satisfied while you visited our hotel, unfortunately the indoor pool was closed during your stay. I do apologize for that, sometimes we encounter these situations that our beyond our control and for the safety of our guest's we had to close the pool. I do hope that in the future you will give us another chance and stay with us again.

129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
High Ridge, Missouri, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed here because it was the only hotel we could find with open rooms while driving through on a Friday night. The price was OUTRAGEOUS, but shame on me for not having a reservation in advance. Our room had a king bed and a pull-out sofa and it was clean and comfortable. We slept fine. The continental breakfast was better than expected and included make-your-own waffles. The pool was cool and clean and there was a nice, large hot tub but it was too hot.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pool area. Some rooms have windows that open into the pool area and I...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bill P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Jalline,

Thank you for sharing comments regarding your recent stay at Econo Lodge, Erie.
I am very pleased to hear that you were happy with your stay with us.
Our mission is to exceed our guest's expectations by providing memorable experiences that reflect the care, pride and expertise of our management and associates.
Thank you again for staying with us at Econo Lodge, Erie and we hope to see you again in the future.

Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I had to pay a rediculous rate for this hotel and the room smelled of mildew, the sheets were of poor qualty and the blankets were thin. The curtains were old and the ac was loud. At breakfast, the hard boiledeggs were disgusting and there waasn't much else. Also there was no ice in the ice machine. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bill P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Kondan,

I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and it's team. I will make sure that I share your
comments with the staff and management company.
I would also like to let you know that we have some exciting new updates coming soon and hope we will see you again.
Once again please do accept my apologies.

Fayette City, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Room and bath both spacious. Whirlpool bathtub, made for nice big shower. Wouldn't reccomend using the actual whirlpool, appeared dirty, foreign material/hairs in jet intake, yuck.
Random hair throughout bathroom.
Bed was big and linens appeared clean.
Nasty foreign white globs/stains on couch and curtains, photos attached. Yuck.
Television was older and sound fades with static after so long and goes in and out. A good bit of channels available, so thats a plus.
Mini fridge was ancient and broke, photo attached.
Ice machine on the 1st and 2nd floor do not work, tried both evening and morning, and nothing.
Breakfast was ok, typical.
Honestly, I recommend spending a little more money and staying elsewhere.
Boston's across the street as excellent food and service, and also next to Splash Lagoon.

• Stayed July 2013
Bill P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear Tiffany C.,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Econo Lodge-Erie. All feedback is taken very seriously as we strive to meet each and every one of our guests' needs. I can assure you that your comments will be shared with all the staff and management company. I would also like to let you know that we are working on some new updates to better accommodate our guests' so we hope you'll stay with us again when in Erie.

Newton, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stopped in Erie for a couple of days during our vacation. This was one of the better Econo Lodge's I have stayed in (others tended to be shabby) so I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were good and the location was just off the interstate, near several restaurants and within a short distance of attractions. Breakfast was pretty decent although I would have preferred it to go beyond 9:30. They have a nice, indoor pool. The water was cold but my daughter still liked it. The room rates were reasonable also. Overall it met our needs for the short time we were there.

Bill P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear NJ Tennessean,

I want to thank you for taking the time to share comments about your recent stay at Econo lodge, Erie. I am very pleased to hear that you were happy with your stay and that we met all your needs while you were in Erie. I will certainly pass on all your comments to the entire staff.
Again Thank you an hope to see you again soon!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I was very disappointed with our stay at the Peach Street Econo Lodge. I booked a room after looking online. Don't be deceived, the pictures online look fine. The exterior looks great & it it is in a good location near the interstate. The room was very disappointing. The blanket on the bed was visibly dirty, an unknown substance had dripped down the bedskirt, and the curtains were partially hanging off the rods! The bathroom was very small with only a shower stall which was dirty, stained, & contained hair from the last unfortunate guest. Yuck!

I did contact the front desk about the issues and their only solution was have someone spray some Tilex on the shower stall. The employee then insisted that "some of that was just stained." That didn't make me feel much better either.

I will not make the same mistake again!

• Stayed July 2013
Bill P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Mommaof2cutekids,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Econo Lodge- Erie. All feedback is taken seriously as we strive to meet each and every one of our guests' needs. I have shared your comments with the appropriate team members and can assure you that your concerns have been addressed.
Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope that you will give us another chance and stay with us again in the future.

Jackson Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Going to New York City for Vacation we stopped her for the night. Wanted something inexpensive and clean and we got it. Price was wonderful. We had two rooms. One for our Son and Daughter in law and ours. Nice big spa tub in room. Easy to get to, parking was easy. Breakfast room was larger than most choice hotels. Food was very good. Slept well. We were on the 2nd floor and it was raining out. I was able to open the window to hear the rain. Nice stay, no issues at all. Did not go to the pool.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bill P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear Tiggertoyoutoo,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience during you recent visit to our hotel. It is always nice to hear positive feedback, showing us that we are meeting our guests' needs. I am happy to hear that you are one of those guests.

I can assure you that I have shared your compliments with the entire team here at the Econo Lodge Erie, praising them a job well done. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again while traveling in the Erie area.

Bill Palmer

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!