“Decent, not the cleanest. Okay stay.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #22 of 35 Hotels in Erie
Fayette City, Pennsylvania
“Decent, not the cleanest. Okay stay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Room and bath both spacious. Whirlpool bathtub, made for nice big shower. Wouldn't reccomend using the actual whirlpool, appeared dirty, foreign material/hairs in jet intake, yuck.
Random hair throughout bathroom.
Bed was big and linens appeared clean.
Nasty foreign white globs/stains on couch and curtains, photos attached. Yuck.
Television was older and sound fades with static after so long and goes in and out. A good bit of channels available, so thats a plus.
Mini fridge was ancient and broke, photo attached.
Ice machine on the 1st and 2nd floor do not work, tried both evening and morning, and nothing.
Breakfast was ok, typical.
Honestly, I recommend spending a little more money and staying elsewhere.
Boston's across the street as excellent food and service, and also next to Splash Lagoon.

• Stayed July 2013
Bill P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear Tiffany C.,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Econo Lodge-Erie. All feedback is taken very seriously as we strive to meet each and every one of our guests' needs. I can assure you that your comments will be shared with all the staff and management company. I would also like to let you know that we are working on some new updates to better accommodate our guests' so we hope you'll stay with us again when in Erie.

Bill Palmer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Newton, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stopped in Erie for a couple of days during our vacation. This was one of the better Econo Lodge's I have stayed in (others tended to be shabby) so I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were good and the location was just off the interstate, near several restaurants and within a short distance of attractions. Breakfast was pretty decent although I would have preferred it to go beyond 9:30. They have a nice, indoor pool. The water was cold but my daughter still liked it. The room rates were reasonable also. Overall it met our needs for the short time we were there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bill P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear NJ Tennessean,

I want to thank you for taking the time to share comments about your recent stay at Econo lodge, Erie. I am very pleased to hear that you were happy with your stay and that we met all your needs while you were in Erie. I will certainly pass on all your comments to the entire staff.
Again Thank you an hope to see you again soon!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

I was very disappointed with our stay at the Peach Street Econo Lodge. I booked a room after looking online. Don't be deceived, the pictures online look fine. The exterior looks great & it it is in a good location near the interstate. The room was very disappointing. The blanket on the bed was visibly dirty, an unknown substance had dripped down the bedskirt, and the curtains were partially hanging off the rods! The bathroom was very small with only a shower stall which was dirty, stained, & contained hair from the last unfortunate guest. Yuck!

I did contact the front desk about the issues and their only solution was have someone spray some Tilex on the shower stall. The employee then insisted that "some of that was just stained." That didn't make me feel much better either.

I will not make the same mistake again!

• Stayed July 2013
Bill P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Mommaof2cutekids,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Econo Lodge- Erie. All feedback is taken seriously as we strive to meet each and every one of our guests' needs. I have shared your comments with the appropriate team members and can assure you that your concerns have been addressed.
Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope that you will give us another chance and stay with us again in the future.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Going to New York City for Vacation we stopped her for the night. Wanted something inexpensive and clean and we got it. Price was wonderful. We had two rooms. One for our Son and Daughter in law and ours. Nice big spa tub in room. Easy to get to, parking was easy. Breakfast room was larger than most choice hotels. Food was very good. Slept well. We were on the 2nd floor and it was raining out. I was able to open the window to hear the rain. Nice stay, no issues at all. Did not go to the pool.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bill P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear Tiggertoyoutoo,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience during you recent visit to our hotel. It is always nice to hear positive feedback, showing us that we are meeting our guests' needs. I am happy to hear that you are one of those guests.

I can assure you that I have shared your compliments with the entire team here at the Econo Lodge Erie, praising them a job well done. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again while traveling in the Erie area.

Goshen, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I had driven from Portland Maine at 830am to Niagara Falls, NY then pressed on and landed in Erie. I had a Hotel Coupons book and since it was friday night, many of the other hotels were twice the price they were the rest of the week. I was frustrated but Econo Lodge wasn't as pricey. I paid 89+ tax with AAA, and while that is still high to me, it was better than the rest. The staff were all very kind and helpful. We found our room to be clean, but the hot water would not work. I thought this place had a lot of bonuses besides the pool, they offered a laundry area and breakfast, with sodas and snacks in the lobby for purchase. It was convenient for me to walk next door to a food mart to get milk for my toddler. They were kid-friendly and accommodating.

Bill P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear LBradley22,

Thank you so much for your feedback from your recent stay with us at Econo lodge, Erie. I was so pleased to hear that we provided such great services for you. We hope to see you again in the near future, again thank you!

Cambridge, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The only saving grace of this property is the pool.

Beds small and beyond soft. Shower rusting and more caulking than door. Rooms stink from mildew. Front desk were rude and know nothing about customer service. One of the people that stayed in another room had a fold out bed with no blankets, they called the front desk and were told they did not have any blankets, why rent a room with a fold out couch them?

Kids liked the pool and hot tub area and this is really the only reason I would ever think someone would stay at this place. We were here for 2 nights and barely got any sleep due to the poor quality of the bedding, bed and fixtures.

I know it is "econo" but does that mean that it is has to be "garbage" I think not. You can run an economical property and still have it clean and well maintained.

Bill P, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Cysboy,

First I would like to apologize on behalf of myself and the entire staff that we did not meet your expectations. All issues will certainly be addressed with the appropriate staff members to assure that we improve so that other guests' will not be inconvenienced as you were.

Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Top Notch Econo Lodge. I was very impressed. The price was beyond reasonable for the accommodations. A two night stay turned into four. My daughter loved the indoor pool and spa. I really can't say enough great things about this place. I would highly recommend it.

Bill P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Bellaronee,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at Econo Lodge, Erie. I am so pleased to hear that we provided exceptional service and hope to see you again soon.

Bill Palmer

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!