“family Getaway” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Erie
Port Colborne, Canada
“family Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Hi my Name is Andrew Gillespie from Canada, we stayed Sat jan 24 and sun Jan 25 2015 for two nights. My 6 and 3 year old and wife had a blast and myself. The Hotel staff was great in every way friendly and helpful etc.
The room was clean and great for my family. The breakfast was great and the food coupons also.
We stayed on the second floor in the 230 's. I would recommend this hotel for anyone, we will be back again. just the hallway going to the splash lagoon needs some heat very cold

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Mallory H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you very much, Andrew, for taking the time to share your positive feedback with us about your recent stay! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay so much and your time spent at Splash Lagoon. I will certainly get maintenance on heating up the connector hallway! Thank you for bring that to my attention. We look forward to seeing you again.
Mallory H, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bowmanville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We have stayed at this Comfort Inn MANY times. Our favorite place to stay in Erie. Hotel has been recently updated. Pool is very nice! Breakfast is included. Many Restaurants and LOTS of shopping near by. Staff is always pleasant to deal with and accommodating! HIghly recommended! Attached to Splash Lagoon. Great family hotel.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Mallory H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback with us and fellow travelers! We are thrilled you enjoy staying here time and again. I will pass along your kind words to the staff as they work hard to give each guest a positive experience. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Erie!
Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The only thing to watch out for here is try to have them put you in the south wing of rooms as the north wing is very close to the interstate and can be very loud all night long with the big rigs roaring by.

Otherwise this is a very nice property that has been renovated recently and the location is excellent. A huge variety of dining and shopping options are located within minutes of this hotel. I have stayed here numerous times and plan to continue to do so on my frequent business trips to Erie in the future.

Room Tip: The king rooms are roomier and more comfortable; stay away from the noisy north wing of rooms.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us and fellow travelers. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us during your business trips. We are always more than happy to accommodate room locations requests to the best of our ability. We can't wait to see you again soon!
North Tonawanda, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The entire staff was very nice, cordial and helpful during my recent stay on Jan. 6 and 7, 2015.
I would highly recommend this hotel and all the amenities in the room and throughout the facility. e.
The breakfast was standard for most of the hotels that I stay in for business.
I would recommend this hotel to both friends and colleagues, when looking for a place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the Thruway I-90 are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Mallory H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am thrilled you enjoyed our staff and hotel during your business trip. I will make sure to pass along your comments to the entire staff as they work hard to give each guest a pleasant stay. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Erie!
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Overall, I enjoyed my stay very much at the Comfort Inn. The room was quiet, nice and modern. Microwave (not used, but nice to have) and fridge in the room. The pool area looked very nice. The cable tv was outstanding for a hotel. Normally you get about 20-30 channels at a hotel, but they had the full compliment of channels you would expect to get on your cable service at home. A few complaints, though - The front desk is situated very awkwardly for my taste. Not enough room between the front door and the desk made the experience not so great. And it's not really clear where to wait in line. A warning I would have for anyone who is planning to stay there over the weekend is to be prepared to be overrun with kids. Not the fault of the hotel or management, but because of Splash Lagoon, there are obnoxious children everywhere running and yelling through the halls. But, as I said earlier, the room was quiet, so once inside, it wasn't a problem. One more thing - normal check-out time is 11am, but as a Choice Privileges member I was under the impression that I could request a check-out time as late as 2pm. I called the front desk and requested a noon check-out, and I was rudely denied.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am glad you thoroughly enjoyed the quiet, renovated rooms with the variety of tv channels. We are attached to a waterpark and that does lead to a lot of children during school breaks. I apologize about not being able to give a late check out; when we are full each night it can become a challenge to allow multiple late check outs. I will certainly look into who spoke with you though, as I'm surprised to hear it wasn't a pleasant front desk agent. We hope you visit us again as next time there may not be as many children.
DuBois, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is attached to splash lagoon. It is however, the farthest walk from the park. There are also quite a few stairs with no elevators.
The room was updated and was clean and comfortable. The king and queen bed in the room were so welcome as my kids get tired of sleeping on pull out couches.
The breakfast was ok but on a busy weekend the staff were struggling to keep up with food. They definately did not have time to keep things clean. It looked like a bomb went off and scattered food and drinks everywhere. There were donuts, muffins, bread, bagels, waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, hard boiled eggs, and yogurt.
The hotel pool is nice but quite cold. We did not spend much time there.
The front hotel staff is not very friendly. They put a damper on my overall stay. They will also charge 1.50 for the safe without telling you ahead of time if you are just booking a room, not a package.
I guess overall I would stay again because of the room type. If it wasn't for that, I would choose the Residence Inn which is also attached but closer.

• Stayed January 2015
Mallory H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am glad you enjoyed our new renovations and the room type you booked. Breakfast can quickly become extra busy and I do try to staff more and prepare for the rushes as much as possible. I will certainly look into ways to make this more of an efficient experience. I apologize that you felt that way about the staff. We work hard to give each guest a positive experience and I'm surprised to hear that mentioned. We do have the $1.50 safe charge for every room which guarentees anything in the safe up to $10,000. We gladly adjust it off if our guests do not use the safe in the rooms. We do hope you stay with us again with the same room type and give us a chance to give you a more positive experience.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed at this place as part of a package deal from Splash Lagoon. This was cheaper than the other 2 hotels offered by Splash Lagoon.

But this was an AMAZING place. The rooms looked like newly renovated. Everything was clean, The place is also connected to Splash Lagoon through a heated walkway. There are a lot of GREAT places within a 5 min drive to eat as well.

Warm breakfast (Eggs.sausage) and etc were provided as well. I was there during Christmas break, so it was really crowded at the breakfast time and sometimes I needed to wait. Not an issue - as I expected this to happen, and I was on vacation - so no rush for me.

Overall - great stay, great breakfast everything perfect.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us and fellow travelers! We are thrilled you enjoyed our new renovations and were so pleased with the accommodations here at Comfort Inn & Suites. Thank you for being so patient during our busy breakfast time as well. We can't wait to see you on your next visit to Erie!

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!