“Convenient location” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Erie
“Convenient location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel is located very close to the expressways and there are numerous restaurants in the area. For those with children, the hotel is connected to a water park. Very pleasant receptionist greeted us and got us checked in promptly. Hotel and room was very clean. Wifi was great, only had to log in once. Beds and pillows were very comfortable. The continental breakfast was sufficient for our needs. We would not give any hesitation to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Mallory H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. We are thrilled you were able to thoroughly enjoy the location of our hotel and our new renovations. I will certainly share your comments with the staff as they work hard and this will encourage them to keep up the great work. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Erie!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Russiaville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My best friend and I were taking our annual birthday vacation trip and were heading to Niagara Falls, Canada for a few days. We were tired from driving and decided to stop overnight and get a fresh start in the morning, although we weren't that far from our destination. I picked Comfort Suites because I am a member of the hotel chain and always have good luck with my stays.

I was greeted immediately by Alicia at the front desk when I entered and she recognized me as a Choice Privileges Elite Guest Member. I was given a beautiful room for the night and I was also able to use by AAA discount. We did not have prior reservations. Alicia was personable and friendly and was able to direct us to several restaurants. She gave great directions and was knowledgeable about the area, which was truly appreciated as first-time visitors to Erie, PA and it was dark outside. We chose a nearby Applebee's and found ourselves near a Sam's Club, where we were able to fill the car with gas at a decent discount.

Back in room #231, we were ensconced in a wonderful room with two great queen beds. The BEST sleep ever!!! Two minutes after showering, I was blissfully asleep. Since it was an overnight only stay, we did not use any other amenity, except for the complimentary breakfast. We sat in the dining area, next to the indoor pool. The pool appeared to be clean and you could not smell any chlorine in the dining room. I liked the decor and commented about the intricate stone facing on portions of the wall. The food was hot and there was a good variety of items to select from. Carrie took great pride in the dining room and efficiently went about replenishing breakfast items and kept the area clean and free of food debris. The coffee was hot and fresh, as was the water for hot tea. The juice was also fresh. Brenda prepared my bill upon checkout, making the appropriate queries in regards to our stay and was careful to remove the charge for the in-room safe that we never used. We had no valuables with us.

The parking area was well lit at night and we felt secure at this hotel. Comfort Inn & Suites is close to tons of shopping and restaurants and is located about 7-8 miles from Presque Isle State Park. I would love to take my husband back to Erie, PA for a vacation in the future. This would definitely be my hotel of choice, should I get the chance to return. CS is a clean, comfortable hotel. Friendly staff. Good location (for us) and not too high end on price.

Room Tip: No tips. Only stayed one night.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Mallory H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive feedback with us. We are beyond thrilled we were a part of your birthday weekend. The staff really enjoys the compliments and it encourages them to keep up the great work! We can't wait to see you on your next visit!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Spent one night here in Sept. very nice hotel, clean, friendly staff. Will stay again next time we are in the area.The usual Choice Hotel breakfast, but no need to complain when the meal is free. Close to the "shopping strip" of Peach St in Erie.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay here at Comfort Inn & Suites here in Erie. We have made some changes to our breakfast, but are still working on offering more items. Please visit us again soon!
Hagerstown, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

stayed here one night while visiting splash lagoon which the hotel is attached too, I was a little concerned after reading some of the reviews but found the room to be remodeled nicely with great beds and a wonderful Jacuzzi tub in the room, only complaint about the room itself was a few spots that looked not to have been dusted in a while I e behind the tv which actually was the nicest I have seen at a choice hotel. You do have to walk just a bit but is all indoors to get over to the water park but not really a big deal. They do offer the standard free cont breakfast but get there early it gets very crowded and they run short on tables and food.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Mallory H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to share such positive feedback with us! We are glad you were able to enjoy our clean, renovated rooms. Breakfast can certainly become very busy during peak times, but we will always keep breakfast open until everyone is served. We hope you stay with us again for another visit to Splash Lagoon!
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here as part of a package for Splash Lagoon and could not have been more pleased! Clean, spacious, well appointed with a top notch breakfast for $160 a night that included 2 day passes for 4 people. The room featured one king bed and one queen bed which was much appreciated over 2 doubles or 2 queens at most hotels. The bathroom was spacious and had a fabulous jacuzzi tub for 2 that was actually clean enough that I felt comfortable to actually take a relaxing bath in. The breakfast bar was probably the best we have had at a hotel. Kudos to the staff for keeping it well stocked until the very end of breakfast! The food selection and quality was outstanding. Great customer service from check in, housekeeping, to breakfast bar staff. I give a big shout out to the management for properly staffing this hotel with great service personnel. My family loved it so much they told me to be sure to right a great review for it which they have never asked me to do before. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share such a positive review with us! We are thrilled you were able to enjoy ALL aspects of the hotel from the staff to the cleanliness! I will pass along your kind comments to the hard working staff so they are encouraged to keep up the great work! We can't wait to see you again soon!
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is labeled as "connected" to Splash Lagoon water park which is true once you walk across the bridge and THROUGH another hotel which is interesting to do in your bathing suit. When we checked in we we told breakfast was from 7-10 and that we should arrive early. We arrived at 9:30 (it was running until 10 right?) and breakfast was lacking in MANY ways. The staff were less than helpful. NOTHING was refilled while we were there unless we asked and then usually with an attitude. By the way, this hotel doesn't have a working elevator, which is good to know before you stay there. On the plus side the foo was nice, beds were great and we had a balcony.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We do understand that the walk to Splash Lagoon may be a little longer, but it is certainly a perk when the weather isn't so nice outside! We also have it in the plans for 2015 to add an elevator so that it is easier to get to the second floor. I will certainly share your comments with the breakfast team as they do work hard to keep everything stocked and cleaned. During our peak times breakfast can be very busy and getting there earlier, sometimes around 8, is a lot less busy with more seating options available. We will also keep breakfast open longer if need be to make sure all of our guests are satisfied. We are glad you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms!
Pittsburgh, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed one night in a "kids suite". This consisted of a queen bed and a bunk bed. Gave the kids some privacy, which was nice.

Check-in is 4pm, but we got there around 3:15 and didn't have a problem. When I had called to confirm a few days prior, I requested a rollaway bed and they said "no problem". However, when I checked in and confirmed the rollaway, the front desk clerk tried to charge me $10. I said I wouldn't pay it and so she comp'd me (I'm especially happy since we ended up not even using the thing).

Room was clean, but there was a big stain on the floor in front of the refridgerator. Kind of gross. Bedding was comfortable - they have different pillows (firm and soft) on the bed, which is a nice feature. Bathroom looked like a fairly recent remodel.

We didn't use the pool on this trip - have used it before and it's fine.

The breakfast, once again, was a mad house. The logistics of the way they have the room set up is not good -- it's hard to navigate around the tables to get to the food. Unfortunately, to correct this, they'd probably have to rip the whole thing out to reconfigure. The people working breakfast did a good job - they should leave a tip jar for them somewhere.

This is the less expensive option for Splash Lagoon (compared to Holiday Inn Express or Residence Inn). Since we're in the room for such a short amount of time, it works for us.

One last comment...there's no laundry facilities in this hotel. You have to go to the Residence Inn. This is a pain since there's no towel service at Splash Lagoon and, after being in the water park all day, a dryer to run our towels through would've been a good thing.

If this review was helpful, please let me know.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Mallory H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback and concerns. We do truly appreciate your suggestions. We have already ran the carpet cleaner in your room to take care of that stain. Guest laundry facilities are in the works already. It was going to be a part of our renovation, but was pushed back when we changed the location of where in the hotel we wanted to put it. I have removed some tables from the breakfast area to help out with the flow of traffic. We also plan on moving the waffle irons to a different table to help with the lines. It is a challenge during our peak times, but we are trying different ideas. We do hope to see you again soon on your next visit to Erie!

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!