“Will NOT return” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 35 hotels in Erie
London
“Will NOT return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

WILL NOT STAY HERE AGAIN!!!
Attended the Hotel for a tournament. Staff were great during my reservation and check in. Hotel is "tired" and I became envious of the others I had gone to the tournament with who checked into the much nicer and less expensive Holiday Inn and residence Inn. Found the cost very pricey for what we got in a room and amenities. After examining the food we opted to pay somewhere to eat as it was not appealing. Upon returning from being away all day, so now its about 7-7:30 pm, we returned to an uncleaned room. The desk did say they would send someone up - but we simply did not want to be inconvenienced further. NO consideration was made to a reduction or other type of compensation for this most basic and important mistake.
We are very disappointed as the Comfort Inn at other locations have demonstrated outstanding service delivery in the past, having said that - our patronage to Comfort Inn has ended with this fiasco and mockery of service delivery. The fondest memory of this COmfort Inn is seeing it in my rearview mirror.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Mary W, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear NOXQQIVit:

We are very sorry that your stay was anything less than stellar at the Comfort Inn during your recent stay. We will be undergoing a complete renovation in 2013 and would hope you would give us another try after that.

143 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Great Value for splash lagoon, because you get 2 days worth of water park passes and to stay at the hotel over nite,the room itself was average, shower has no pressure, hotel has a nice warm breakfast in the morning, waffles, eggs, sausage, coffee, the dining area is not very big, so try to go early or there is no place to sit, or you can always go to your room to eat.

Room Tip: Do not get a room near the stairs because anyone who runs through you can hear it
Dear G N:

Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay with us. We have some exciting changes coming in 2013 with our complete hotel renovation. Please keep in touch with us about the timeline for this project to be completed and we would love to see you again!

Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed for the weekend of Jan 11th. Everything seemed to be ok, very friendly desk staff. Morning when we went for breakfast, it was packed. Not enough seating so we got our food and went back to our room. (both mornings). Breakfast staff is NOT nice at all!! I asked for some milk for daughter's cereal and was ignored. Also asked for a bagel because they were out and never got one. I would have complained, but it was free. We really didn't stay in the room much, but to sleep. I do have to say though, the sheets were GROSS!! Our comforter had white stains on it and there were hairs stuck to the blanket under the comforter. On our last day as we were packing, my hubby checked under the bunk beds to make sure the kids didn't leave anything behind and what he showed me made me almost vomit!! The wall on the back of the bunk beds were COVERED in something that looked like vomit! It was disgusting and if I had known about this when we first got there, we would have left! Will never go back to this hotel.

Dear PierceB_81:

We are very sorry that you had such an unsatisfactory stay with us during your recent trip to Erie. Please know that as the new manager at the property I will address each of your concerns with my management team so others are not inconveniced as you were. We have some exciting changes in store for 2013 and would hope you would join us in the future.

Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed there first weekend in January, I like how it was attached to the waterpark and that you didnt have to go outside wet, especially in this weather. But the room was a dealbreaker. It was old and the top sheets looked dirty and not clean, the bed sheets were wrinkled. The breakfast was ok, hot items and cold with a good variety so you definitely save money there, the staff was friendly and when I asked for new sheets they said sure. I loved the waterpark. the kids loved the waterpark but for next time I wouldnt go back to this hotel. The in hotel pool was clean and was nice for the kids to go to after dinner. One advantage is that this hotel is in a great location, but there are plenty of other options.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Mary W, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear Mike H:

Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay. We hope you will consider coming back to visit us again after our complete renovation which we hope to complete by June of 2013. In the mean time please know that your feedback will be discussed with my management team and owners on how we can improve our service to other guests so they are not incovenienced as you were.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

Youngstown, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed here for one night and I'm glad it wasn't more than that. While my boys loved having bunk beds (which is really the reason we chose this hotel in the first place because most of the reviews are not that good), I'm sad to say that was the only positive thing for us.
First, we could not get into our room, after spending several hours at Splash Lagoon. The key card had to be rest at least 3 times, luckily we weren't very far from the front desk because I ahd to walk up there each time until they finally fixed it. When we got in the room, they boys' TV didn't work. Maintenance was quick to respond, but it too them at least an hour to figure out what the probem was.
The room's cleanliness was average, it does appear to be older and not as well-maintained in comparison to other area hotels.
The most disappointing part for me was breakfast. While I'm fully aware that weekends are the busiest time, my hope would be that the hotel would plan accordingly in anticipation of this. Initally, we had to wait for clean plates. The counters were filthy from the amount of people and one staff in particular was VERY RUDE. I heard her make at least 2 comments along the lines of "The trash is right here people", and "Uh uh, not on MY counter". She was also very blunt with a little girl who was standing in front of the plate rack and the staff was standing behind her with an arm full of plates. I can understand the frustration being that it was so hectic, but you have to expect there to be children since it is connected to a waterpark. If you don't have the patience for the job, find another one. There was also no milk after I'd poured my cereal (I was afraid to ask the staff who was rude eariler for fear she would yell at me or snap), the bananas were green, I never actually ate anything but a waffle. Everytime I went to the bread, muffins, etc. all the food was gone within a few minutes. This section is also not directly connected to the rest of the food so it took me a few minutes to find it.
We ended up having to wait until a table was emptied (not cleared of plates and trash, just had no one sitting at it) and by that time our food was cold. Luckily my kids aren't big breakfast eaters and we made sure they were satisifed but my husband and I were definitely not.
I wasn't impressed at all and had it not been for the bunk beds that my kids loved, I would've been beyond disappointed. We won't plan to stay here again unless some major improvements are made,

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Mary W, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Dear Blueyedago:

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. Please accept my personal apology that the hotel and guest service did not exceed your expectations. As the new Gm of the property you can be assured that I will follow up on your concerns with the entire staff. We would love to have you come back and visit us again after we have completed our top to bottom property rennovations which hopefully will begin in early 2013. Again thank you for your comments and please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if you should need anything else.

Mary L. Ward
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We planned a trip to Erie and chose this Motel to stay at. Well what a mistake! The place smelled of Cigarette smoke which made my family ill. When I complained as it was suppose to be a non smoking floor, the response was oh ummm ok... when we returned my daughter noted that they put a plug in air freshner in the hall, WHAT A JOKE!!! Not to mention the rude person at the front desk upon our arrival and departure. She couldn't make eye contact, she had the WORST attitude and this only changed once I made it clear that I had her name and could be calling to make complaint. Which I did, and their response was oh we are sorry that you had a bad experience! Nice, at least one night refund could have been offered, as it really was a disgusting horrible experience! MY OPINION DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Mary W, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Relaxin4once:

We are very sorry that you had anything less than a stellar stay in May of 2012. Please accept our sincere apologies and know that we will take your concerns to heart.

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed in this hotel on the way to Florida. Had a coupon and paid $76.59 for one night. The room was okay but we were on the highway side so we had great difficulty sleeping due to noise. For the price it was just ok. The staff were friendly enough. Now.....for the trip home....We were on the road and only had cellphone access with no internet. I called around trying to get a room in Erie, and was told most of the hotels were sold out. (This seems to only happen in Erie though..strange) I decided to call the Comfort inn and was told that yes they did have a room but the price was $305.00 per night!!!!!!! I couldn't believe this but the manager insisted oh yes, this was the rate, take it or leave it. Well, I didn't want to sleep in the car so I reluctantly agreed to stay. I was quite upset. When we arrived at the hotel, I logged into the internet and found prices as low as 99.00! When I called customer service they said "well you accepted the rate" . Even their own head office only showed $169.00 per night. When I went to the front desk and asked what was going on , the "manager" Mark said, well I can lower it to $169.00 before tax. This hotel takes advantage of people on the road and I will never stay again! I expect hotels to be fair in the treatment of their customers and clearly this hotel doesn't care. The best they could do was a dirty room on the side with no noise. Total price? $188.00 Oh by the way....this was the treatment we got as a "gold plan member".

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mary W, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us. Unfortunately rates in our area are directly affected by special events taking place in the area as well as the area being a tourist attraction with Splash Lagoon Indoor Waterpark and Presque Isle Downs & Casino located only minutes from our hotel. We apologize that your stay was anything less than stellar and you can be assured that your concerns will be addressed with the staff and management company.

MWard

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!