We stayed here by coincidence by winning a room on Priceline. The attendant at the front desk was cheery and answered all my questions. She told us where to park close to our room.
The pool looked nice though we didn't have time to use it. It is right next to the hotel restaurant and lobby and trying to get there from our room without going outside was a challenge since we were in room 210 yet was accessible from the main floor near where we parked. Getting to the pool required taking the stairs or elevator to the 1st floor, walking across a corridor, then taking another set of stairs or elevator back up a flight to the lobby area. Then I realized why the attendant told me to park my car on the other side of the building.
The hotel is old and it is apparent by going down the corridors. The rooms however are clean which was most important.
What we liked was:
1. Professionalism of the attendants.
2. The selection at breakfast.
3. The service at breakfast.
4. The cleanliness of the room.
What we didn't like was:
1. Breakfast was not included. It was an extra $5/person.
2. We asked for a roll-away crib for my 20 month old daughter and the attendant told us it was already in our room. It wasn't. No big deal. I called reception and asked for one to be delivered. I was told it would be sent right up. We waited 20 minutes. When I called again, I was told that the maintenance crew was gone for the day and they would have a driver send one up at 5pm (another 20 minutes). I would have rather them tell me honestly that it would take 40 minutes than set unrealistic expectations.
3. The roll-away crib mattress was disgusting. It had urine stains on it and was clearly not washed. Without any other options, we put a towel on it and I reminded myself that we got a pretty good rate for the room.
All-in-all, it was a decent stay. We MAY stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bel-Aire Clarion is a full-service, locally owned hotel that offers conference rooms and banquet space to accommodate up to 360 people. We have 131 guest rooms, which includes four suites and a parlor. Our hotel facilities comprise an exercise room, a sauna, an indoor atrium pool, and Jacuzzi. We offer off property catering and in-house dining. Victor’s Restaurant offers a daily full hot breakfast buffet day and is open for dinner Monday-Saturday. There are nightly drink specials and an increasing number of celebrity bartending events. We also own another Choice Hotels property, Comfort Inn Presque Isle, less than a mile from the Clarion. Our Comfort Inn has 100 guest rooms, especially to assist with large overnight groups.We are half a mile from Waldameer Amusement Park and Waterworld and a mile from the beaches of Presque Isle. Presque Isle boasts seventeen miles of beaches and biking and walking trails. The Millcreek Mall, fourth largest mall in America, is a quick shuttle or car ride from our hotel.Our location provides us with being the gateway to Erie’s main attractions: Presque isle, downtown, and the Millcreek Mall.Bel-Aire Clarion opened in 1961, giving us over 50 years in business. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Clarion Hotel Bel-Aire Conf. Ctr. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Hotel Erie
- Clarion Erie
- Erie Clarion