“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 35 hotels in Erie
Barrie
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

This was our first visit to LaQuinta and it definitely won't be our last! It was such a pleasant surprise. We're always leery about staying in a chain I'm not familiar with but this was "10's" all the way around. The Manager was on top of everything and his staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful...and the price was excellent. This inn is very clean, rooms and beds are extremely comfortable, and the building is quiet and cared for. We will definitely recommend LaQuinta to our friends who may be travelling to Erie.

Thank you, Paul (and staff), for making our stay such an enjoyable one!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this review, March 21, 2010
Thanks for the positive feedback. As I tell all my guests, it's a work in progress and I feel like I'm actually making a difference now at this property in the last year, since taking it over from old management. I will let all my staff read your review and give them praise for a job well done.

237 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Brantford,ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

I was looking for a room for a quick stay in Erie, in order to watch the mighty Kitchener Rangers dismantle the meek Erie Otters. I also was looking for an in-room Jacuzzi, in order to melt away the days aches and pains.
After some searching....I found the LaQuinta..and went through the various reviews posted here. While doing so, I was somewhat amazed to see the GM of the property, Mr. Paul Ruby had also responded to the various complaints. I was intrigued enough to make a phone call, and to my further amazement....he does actually work there.
The bottom line....a nice, clean hotel room.....with a jacuzzi....and a great price....and someone who actually is true to his word. I will definitely recommend this hotel to anybody and everybody.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this review, February 19, 2010
Thanks so much for writing your review. I know who you are, and this goes to show you that there are some GM's out there that care about what guests post on this site about their hotel. We'll see you next time.
Northern Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

From what i heard from most that stay here, they have no choice if you have dogs.
It's old and run down. We were rerooted here rom the Country Inn on exit 24.... I guess it's the same owners....tols we would have a suite with 2 rooms.......and it was 64.00 instead of te 84.........bill came 84.00 plus taxes ect.......The red roof Inn next door would have been a better and updated place to stay. I the staff we talked to had no clue what happend and that we where sent form the other motel The worse part is that the ywould not give us our money back at the country Inn to use at the same owner place that they sent us...........i think the owners should get some PR training........One unhappy person can tell alot of people. Sorry about he review but i hate being lied to. There is to many place to stay in Erie........

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this review, December 31, 2009
I'm sorry that you are upset at the other property, but we are LaQuinta, not Country Inn.If you look at trip advisor, I always care about what every guest thinks of my property. I can't address your concerns if you don't tell me about them, which you did'nt.This bothers me greatly. I wil help you if you contact me at the property. I'm here seven days a week.
PITTSBURGH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

Thanks so much for the pleasent stay
My friends and i enjoyed you talking to us at breakfast
Our stay was very comfortable and enjoyed the pool
Everyone was pleasent and we will return

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this review, November 22, 2009
Thank You for the positive review on the property. I will share your review with the staff. We'll see you folks the next time.
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2009

When we made our reservation we requested first floor and got a nice room not far from the lobby. The room was spacious and very clean. The room was made up nicely and the refrigerator was on. Even though it was October, we used the air conditioner and it worked very well. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. The hotel filled up that night and the lobby was busy but we had no noise or disruptions. The breakfast that was set out in the morning was extensive and everything was very good. We travel with dogs and there were plenty of places to walk them. Upon check in we had some trouble with the programming of the electronic key for our door, the lady at the front desk took care of it quickly. The entry way had two luggage carts which were convenient. The exterior was well lit and the property felt safe.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this review, November 10, 2009
Thank You so much for the feedback. I will post this, so all my staff can read this review. We are trying hard to turn this hotel around, our work is slowly paying off. Thanks Again!
Brantford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2009

My girlfriend and I stayed at your hotel for 2 nights while enjoying a shopping getaway weekend. Shopping area was only a 5 minute drive away. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay as the hotel was clean, staff were friendly, rooms were spacious, clean and quiet (appreciated). It was nialso nice to see that there was a complimentary breakfast to start the day off without even having to leave the hotel. We will definitely be back.. Thanks for making our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this review, November 7, 2009
I'm so glad you both enjoyed your stay with us. I will share this comment with all my staff. We look forward to your next stay with us. Thanks so much.
MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

We stayed here from out of town for a wedding. Would NEVER go back again!! Was told I got a discounted rate but from what I see it wasn't. Gave us a handicapped room and was not told. Coffee pot top was broken, dogs barking next door to us where just a door divides the room. Iron ruined a white shirt because it hadn't been emptied in years (or used) and was rusted. Sink kept backing up, shower head leaked. The worse part was on a Saturday we had slept in and went to the counter and asked if maid service could clean the room at 1pm they said yes. We left and came back to a bag on our door with 1 of each clean towels (2 occupied our room). We walked in and it had not been cleaned. We went to the desk at about 1:40 and were told that maid service leaves at 1:30 so we couldn't get the room cleaned. That was unacceptable. When asked why this wasn't explained to us before when we asked, the manager got very nasty and made it sound like it was our fault for sleeping in. Then asked "Well, what do you want me to do?" in a very nasty tone. My partner said, "We would like our room cleaned." The manager stomps away from the counter and says "I'll just do it myself!". My partner said, "Great!" We left again and came back to a clean room finally. Needless to say it was uncomfortable to come in and out and have to look at his smug face like he did us some huge favor. I've never seen a hotel that doesn't have one person 24 hours for housekeeping on staff. Besides, if check out isn't until noon, why would housekeeping be gone by 1:30pm? They claimed to have a nice business center, when we went to try to print the tickets for our flight out, the computer wouldn't work. They had to try to fix it. Finally it was fixed and we got the tickets printed. The equipment was cheap and dumpy. What a fleabag dump for $109 a nite in the middle of nowhere!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this review, October 15, 2009
Folks, I'm sorry that you experienced such a disturbing stay. I remember you very clearly, and I don't treat my guests like that. I personally cleaned your room, because that's part of my job, and I give 120% to all my guests. I'm sorry, if you feel like I was innoyed, but rest assured I enjoy my job. You not once, came down to the desk to inform any staff about your iron, or any other issue for that fact. How can I address issues, if my guests don't tell me. I'm at my property 7 days a week, and take pride in the way it's reflected on this site. I alway's care about what guests say about my hotel. I'd be more than glad to talk to you about your stay, but it's not fair for you to post negative comments, when you didn't even give me, or my staff a chance to address your concerns. Thank You.

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie? Share your experiences!