“Not worth the $$...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Erie
Philadelphia, New York
“Not worth the $$...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We are military and travel frequently with our dog. The best thing this place has going for it is that there isn't a pet fee. We asked for a non smoking, but got one and they gladdy switched us rooms, which is great. However the room they put us in is by construction, but it hasn't been noisey yet, also good. However... We paid $108 for a king suite and we just wanted a reg king, which was $85... We stay at plenty of La Quinta Inn's, brand new ones I might add, and they are about $85 a night. We wouldn't stay here again, but we would at some of our other locations we have been too.

• Stayed March 2013

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Ancaster, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We made reservations for two a two-night stay at the La Quenta Inn & Suites in Erie Pennsylvania. We only lasted one night.
To begin with, it should be noted that from what we saw the hotel facility is well cared for. Our room was very clean and large although it was only equipped with double beds when there was plenty of room for queens. We found the staff polite and helpful and the included breakfast quite good.
There were three problems for us. First was the highway noise. Our room was on the highway side of the building and none of us in the room could sleep due to the traffic noise. The second issue was the squeaking bathroom door. Any time one of us got up to use the facility the door would squeak so loudly that it would wake up anyone who had been able to fall asleep between the breaks in the traffic. The third issue was that the hotel is presently going through renovations and the trade’s people start hammering at eight o’clock in the morning. That was our final straw.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs if you're on the highway side of the building
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Parry Sound, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

A last minute reservation during a winter storm turned out to be a very nice evening. The staff was friendly and the room was clean. It had a huge flat screen in the room, so hubby was happy. They best part was the price. Far less money than most La Quinta's. Breakfast had sausage & gravy as well as the usual waffles for hot items. I'd mention the eggs...but if you can't say something nice?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Great Price for this Hotel,
Here on business, Close to the Casino and the Hotel gives you 7.00 Casino cash NICE, Right off interstate 90. I would stay here again.
Completely renovated very comfprtable bed.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Macon, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed here recently with my sister & two young children (1 yo & 3yo). It was very easy to find right off the highway. There was some remodeling going on while we were there as noted by the exit sign hanging by wires in the hallway, some exposed ceiling. However, our room was clean, big enough for two adults & two young children. It also had a fridge which was nice. My children loved that it was pet friendly because they encountered several dogs during our 1 night stay (but that may not be nice for everyone, so keep that in mind). The pool was pleasantly warm & my kids enjoyed swimming around after a long day in the car. There were several take-out menus at the front desk. The breakfast was adequate with waffles, toast, muffins, coffee, cereal. I wish there would have been a few more healthy options. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jackson, Michigan, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Have stayed here often. Great value and nice place to stay. Rooms clean, breakfast is good value for what you pay. Easy access to highway. Always use this hotel when in Erie, PA. Would recomend to others.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Driving home from Christmas, I booked this hotel through Hotwire to brake up a long trip. After I got my 2 year old to sleep, I discovered that my room was surrounded by dogs in all of the rooms around me ( I didn't have a dog and didn't know there would be dogs). Unlike other hotels where I have traveled with a dog, apparently guests can leave dogs in the rooms unattended. Thus, all the dogs in the rooms surrounding me were barking for hours. I called the front desk and the girl was very sorry and offered to move me. I couldn't move, as it was 10pm and my 2 year old was somehow sleeping through the noise.
To add insult to injury, when I opened my credit card statement a month later, I saw that I was charged $72 by Hotwire and then was charged $53 by La Quinta. When I called to get this taken care of, the nice girl on the phone explained what happened and said maybe the manager would call me back, but she couldn't promise. I suggested she expain to the manager that I'm already completely dissatisfied with this hotel and she should call me back. (This was my first and last time in a La Quinta). She never called me back. I had to call 3 more times. I left voice mails for the Manager - April and she still never called me back. On my final call they said April was busy but they claim that I had been refunded. I have yet to see that reflected. Terrible manager.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family