“Erie” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Erie
Jackson, Michigan, USA
“Erie”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Have stayed here often. Great value and nice place to stay. Rooms clean, breakfast is good value for what you pay. Easy access to highway. Always use this hotel when in Erie, PA. Would recomend to others.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Driving home from Christmas, I booked this hotel through Hotwire to brake up a long trip. After I got my 2 year old to sleep, I discovered that my room was surrounded by dogs in all of the rooms around me ( I didn't have a dog and didn't know there would be dogs). Unlike other hotels where I have traveled with a dog, apparently guests can leave dogs in the rooms unattended. Thus, all the dogs in the rooms surrounding me were barking for hours. I called the front desk and the girl was very sorry and offered to move me. I couldn't move, as it was 10pm and my 2 year old was somehow sleeping through the noise.
To add insult to injury, when I opened my credit card statement a month later, I saw that I was charged $72 by Hotwire and then was charged $53 by La Quinta. When I called to get this taken care of, the nice girl on the phone explained what happened and said maybe the manager would call me back, but she couldn't promise. I suggested she expain to the manager that I'm already completely dissatisfied with this hotel and she should call me back. (This was my first and last time in a La Quinta). She never called me back. I had to call 3 more times. I left voice mails for the Manager - April and she still never called me back. On my final call they said April was busy but they claim that I had been refunded. I have yet to see that reflected. Terrible manager.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

my little biker dog, hercules the jack russell and i were treated like kings. awesome hotel, friendly, clean, friendly people, excellent breakfast. i highly recommend the establishment! the building has easy access, and it is very close to the highway. they truely are happy to have you and your pet stay with them.

Room Tip: if you DO NOT have a pet, they will book you into a non pet room i'm sure, but you might want to...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel. It was clean and comfortable. The check in was easy and fast, the room was inviting, had a really good night sleep. Enjoyed the breakfast, nice variety. I would stay again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Albany, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed at La Quinta Inn because it is pet friendly and we were traveling with a dog. Room was basic and clean. Breakfast was typical--cereals, breads, waffle maker, egg and sausages. A great price for travel with a dog--and we didn't see or hear any other pets the night we stayed.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My brother and I were driving through Erie in a bad snowstorm and needed to stop for the night. We picked La Quinta and were greeted with good service and a comfortable room. The rate was very affordable. The room was clean and met expectations. There is also a complementary breakfast which was helpful. If you are stopping in Erie I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The beds were comfortable and the room was mostly clean other than the fact that the jacuzzi had hair in it which grossed me out. I had to clean it before we could use it. There were also a couple cobwebs in the corner of the ceiling. Nothing to keep me from staying again but there is definitely room for improvement.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie? Share your experiences!