“Great seafood” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 345 Restaurants in Erie
Independence, Missouri
“Great seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I had their signiture Lake erie perch, it was great. There are many other menu choices. Great place to eat just a few blocks from the lake.

Visited January 2013

ohio
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Looked really nice from the outside and was crowded so we thought we'd take a chance. Food was pretty good, especially the bread, but thought it was way overpriced for the portion you get. Our waitress (Brittany) was awesome but doubt we would return due to the prices.

Visited November 2012
Erie, Pennsylvania
“blah”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

This place survives despite its mediocrity. I cant beleive how often I get asked to go here and despise the idea of it. Had a business lunch here the other day it was disappointing as usual. Average service, tasteless food. If you are looking for a lunch in the area, try Gerry's Deli a few blocks down 8th in the Colony Plaza. If you are looking for a sit down diner, head west to Petra or Alto Cucina.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

We come back home to the Lake Erie area for perch and walleye so we went to Joe Roots. My meal was good. The atmosphere was poor. We were so warm we could not wait to leave. We asked our server about it and he said they have tried to fix it but could not. Granted it was a 90 degree day. I think they are trying to make it look rustic but it gives you the feeling it is dirty. We will try again.

ALLIANCE
“Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We went here for lunch. We remember when this used to be the Elephant Bar or something like that. Back then it was a very nice place with a lot of safari animals and decor. Now it looks like an old worn out restaurant in need of some updates. It's dark and not very inviting. I ordered the lagistino mac & cheese and it was very salty - and very heavy. I like salt a lot, but after eating about 1/3 of it, I couldn't eat the rest because it was so salty. My husband got a steak salad and the meat was good and cook the way that he requested. The salad was fresh. The fries that it came with were okay - looked to be fried from frozen. This place is just okay - I wouldn't bother returning because there are too many other places to go.

• Visited September 2012