This hotel claims to be built for buisness. This hotel is built for whomever will pay them the most amount of money for the least work possible. They sure didn't care about buisness travelers, they only seemed to care about them when Splash Lagoon patrons & Family First sports teams weren't there. Even that was a bare minimum.
One of the worst buisness centers I have ever been in. There were several Internet interuptions/shut downs. Printer didnt work. Staff milling about on computer, which might account for some of the reviews and the condesending responses. I wonder if Megan Quiggly will let me know she's sooooo sorry & sooooo sorry that their price of the room with children running in the halls till 4am, doesn't make me a happy camper or fit my budget. Over priced with no sleep is not my idea of a hotel stay. I find myself reading these reviews and not participating. I depended on the reviews about this hotel, I feel they are false, so I signed up just to write this review to warn other travelers who depend on these reviews. The few bad reviews on here depict the hotel, the rest of the reviews are the exact opposite of what really happens. I noticed that all of the responses ask if you have notified management. It doesn't look like the management takes anything from the comments.
This hotel needs a extensive cleaning. Especially the pool! Beware of entering the hotel when it's wet or snowy out you will fall.
As for the breakfast, unless you are going to eat breakfast as soon as it opens, plan on waiting for the eggs and meat or being told that they are out of items over and hour before breakfast is over. Expect to see other patrons ask for items and their requests to be met with eye rolling and a put upon response.
All of the staff in this hotel are not in uniform, have a bad attitude and make it seem like you are interupting their down time, that is if they are ever behind the front desk.
Don't plan on watching tv while you stay here there are a few channels that aren't sports.
I ended up checking out early due to kids running up and down the hall. Staff response at 3:30 am is aren't you with the group no I respond well your room is next to them. My response are you going to address this response back well it's a pretty big team I'm not sure what to do. I tell this to check out clerk working with a manager she laughs and I hear it gets crazy with all the teams. This was also delayed over 45 min while a woman was working out an issue of being double billed for a room and even the management not knowing how to correct her issue. You would be better off booking down the street at the any value hotel, you will get a better price & a cleaner room.
- Also Known As:
- Wingate By Wyndham Erie Hotel
- Wingate By Wyndham Erie Hotel Erie
- Wyndham Erie
- Erie Wyndham
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wingate by Wyndham offers world class accommodations as well as first class customer service. We provide you with a deluxe hot breakfast from 6am until 10am, indoor heated pool with whirlpool, 24 hour fitness center, business center, and sundries shop. Our room offer you wired and wireless high speed internet service, pay-per-view movies, flat screen TVs, in room safes, mp3 player adaptable alarm clocks, as well as mini-refrigerators and microwaves. We provide a complimentary shuttle service to and from the local airport, casino, mall, and a limited service area. Shuttle hours vary. We have great rates, packages, and specials that we offer. Book direct to receive the best available rate. We do offer price matching as long as we can validate the rate. One all inclusive rate at one great price! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Wyndham, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Erie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.